There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Franks Feet

My son and I are both football junkies, both played, and I've coached, he and I hope that in the future we can coach a team together, we take notes on game day. I will watch football anywhere any time, but for Niner games I prefer going in to lock down with my son and a note pad, we had lots of notes yesterday, but we both noted Franks foot work, it looked slow, he ran with heavy feet, lacked consistent leg motion, just did not run hard. He looked great in preseason, he always runs hard against the Sea-hags, so what was up did he not trust the game plan? Any thoughts on Franks very un-Frank like running style yesterday?
It is way to early to say he lost a step, but I definitely noticed something different. Off of soft memory I can grab to 3 or 4 times in the game where I thought he was going to break it, make the corner, pick up a first down, or put it into the next gear which did not happen. I noticed something, not ready to call it as a lost step though. I also thought Seatlle brillantly game planned against Gore, they probably had identified a few tells by certain players. They seemed to know where to be for each run, fortunetly for us it was not enough.
He did seem slower than normal yesterday. I just think the the whole offense isnt hitting on all pistons yet, including Frank Gore
Frank had a subpar game for his lofty standards but I for one will give him time like I will for the rest of the O to get into sync.

He missed a few holes yesterday and just ran straight up into the line but he ran hard and showed toughness, which Jim will love.

He will get better in the WCO like all of our players as the season goes on.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
My son and I are both football junkies, both played, and I've coached, he and I hope that in the future we can coach a team together, we take notes on game day. I will watch football anywhere any time, but for Niner games I prefer going in to lock down with my son and a note pad, we had lots of notes yesterday, but we both noted Franks foot work, it looked slow, he ran with heavy feet, lacked consistent leg motion, just did not run hard. He looked great in preseason, he always runs hard against the Sea-hags, so what was up did he not trust the game plan? Any thoughts on Franks very un-Frank like running style yesterday?

He didn't appear to have that bounce in his cut. I wonder if he's adjusting to the zone blocking. Gotta give credit to the big SEA DLine also.
I agree. Frank didn't look AS explosive as he always does, but he still looks solid. We'll see if it was just an off-day for him.
Hopefully he is not in game shape and the lack of not playing any preseason games is the issue........I HOPE
Originally posted by rk1642:
Frank had a subpar game for his lofty standards but I for one will give him time like I will for the rest of the O to get into sync.

He missed a few holes yesterday and just ran straight up into the line but he ran hard and showed toughness, which Jim will love.

He will get better in the WCO like all of our players as the season goes on.

He had a bad game, even before the game started we he screwed up Coin flip decision
Yea he wasn't great but neither was the run blocking. And some of the runs were predictable. We'll see how it goes.
Very predictable runs IMO. His feet were fine on a few plays. I do think they should rest him a couple more times a game and give the backup 2-3 more touches.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Very predictable runs IMO. His feet were fine on a few plays. I do think they should rest him a couple more times a game and give the backup 2-3 more touches.

I think some of those sweeps/ toss plays hunter should have been in for, gore didnt seem like he knew where to run.

Maybe two years of jimmy raye, put your head down and run straight has messed up his vision?
You must have watched a different game
I think it may be more his hips and upper thighs.

The balance and power didn't seem to be there.

After-effects of his injury?
I hope he hasn't lost a step. I fully expect him to be near his old form very soon, ideally by next week. But honestly, I hope Hunter sees more carries .
one play he was tackled by a guy that was on his knees