LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
They will ignore all the names below and concentrate on Cam Newton being above him. Throw a fit.

LOL. True.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Because a QB that holds onto the ball too long takes a sack?
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.

sacks are an evaluation of both the QB and the offensive line. The offensive line has to protect, but the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly, or extend plays, because the offensive line realistically can only provide so much time for the QB. A common charge against a QB is that he "takes too many sacks" meaning that he takes sacks unnecessarily. Smith got rid of the ball quickly yesterday and used his feet when he had to, following a game plan that I can only assume was mean to protect the offensive line, which proved to be a weakness of the team during the preseason. The fact that no sacks were allowed is a credit to the O-line, the gameplan, and Smith.

The O-Line played great yesterday. If they play stupendous, Smith can throw for more then 124 yards.

All i see are posts about Smith's QBR as if he lit it up. haha

They pass blocked pretty well, but the run blocking was horrible, we were constantly in third and long, not a good situation while you are learning a new system for our offensive players. Also if you are seeing that, you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Was that neccessary? It is about as neccessary as this:

You should brush your teeth. Shouldn't take long since you're from the south. You probably only have 3.

HAHA...I have already twice today ( had coffee after I brushed them the first time. I have all of my teeth, wisdom teeth included) I was being sarcastic sweetheart, don't get your panties in a bunch...I know you know how to read, I also know you like to spin and exaggerate anything you can to have an argument about really silly s**t. Don't be so sensitive if you are going to ask for it.

haha you actually responded that you brushed your teeth twice. LOL. I was joking man, come on that wasn't a serious inquiry.

I didn't ask for personal attacks. You didn't like what i say and can't make any valid points ro refute so u just attack my intelligence. Very clever.

Try harder next time Cletus.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.

sacks are an evaluation of both the QB and the offensive line. The offensive line has to protect, but the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly, or extend plays, because the offensive line realistically can only provide so much time for the QB. A common charge against a QB is that he "takes too many sacks" meaning that he takes sacks unnecessarily. Smith got rid of the ball quickly yesterday and used his feet when he had to, following a game plan that I can only assume was mean to protect the offensive line, which proved to be a weakness of the team during the preseason. The fact that no sacks were allowed is a credit to the O-line, the gameplan, and Smith.

The O-Line played great yesterday. If they play stupendous, Smith can throw for more then 124 yards.

They pass blocked pretty well, but the run blocking was horrible, we were constantly in third and long, not a good situation while you are learning a new system for our offensive players. Also if you are seeing that, you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension.

You should brush your teeth. Shouldn't take long since you're from the south. You probably only have 3.

HAHA...I have already twice today ( had coffee after I brushed them the first time. I have all of my teeth, wisdom teeth included) I was being sarcastic sweetheart, don't get your panties in a bunch...I know you know how to read, I also know you like to spin and exaggerate anything you can to have an argument about really silly s**t. Don't be so sensitive if you are going to ask for it.

haha you actually responded that you brushed your teeth twice. LOL. I was joking man, come on that wasn't a serious inquiry.

I didn't ask for personal attacks. You didn't like what i say and can't make any valid points ro refute so u just attack my intelligence. Very clever.

both of you should stop posting for a while before you get warned.

I made fun of what you said because it was obvious hyperbole. I didn't see one single post that claimed Smith "lit it up", so I made fun of your reading comprehension because you either...

a) did not comprehend the posts that you were reading up to this point in the thread or...
b) were willfully engaging in a straw man argument for god knows what reason, no good reason for doing that.

I was obviously giving you the benefit of the doubt, but take it as you will.
I never did like math, especially the "creepy" kind.
Didnt know that elementary school-math is creepy. How about some math from the 7th grade? Suicide?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by boast:
where's the WIN watch thread? that's the only one that matters. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Alex only gets credit on "L"s. "W"s are always Frank, ST or D.

Because normally he f**ks games up by throwing stupid ints or fumbling the ball helping us lose.

When we win, its not because he played phenomenal. He helps us win by not f**king up. That is nothing to brag about.

Most of our points were a result of good D and good special teams (I.E. good field position and TD returns), not because the offense was great led by A. Smith.

Who on the team scored a td besided Ginn?

Oh you mean the three yard run set up by the defensive interception? Oh ok.

I made fun of what you said because it was obvious hyperbole. I didn't see one single post that claimed Smith "lit it up", so I made fun of your reading comprehension because you either...

a) did not comprehend the posts that you were reading up to this point in the thread or...
b) were willfully engaging in a straw man argument for god knows what reason, no good reason for doing that.

I was obviously giving you the benefit of the doubt, but take it as you will.

There are 27 pages in the "90.4" rating thread and 7 pages in this QBR thread with numerous posts about how he had a "great performance" or "excellent performance" or "played great." Just by the fact that these threads were started shows that people think he "lit it up."

During the game thread, people were posting that he is playing great and was lighting it up. There are other threads in here with people saying similar.

So i comprehend things fine, especially when people exaggerate and use hyperbole to describe sub-par QB play.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:03 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
I updated my post because I knew it did not have enough context. Smith played good enough for us not to lose. ST and D won us the game. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

agree
where's the WIN watch thread? that's the only one that matters. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Because normally he f**ks games up by throwing stupid ints or fumbling the ball helping us lose.

When we win, its not because he played phenomenal. He helps us win by not f**king up. That is nothing to brag about.

Most of our points were a result of good D and good special teams (I.E. good field position and TD returns), not because the offense was great led by A. Smith.

No he was talking about the 1 yard run that came on the drive that started at the Seahawks 49 after they punted to us
They will ignore all the names below and concentrate on Cam Newton being above him. Throw a fit.

Well, "they" will now that you mentioned it with the 3d f**king post of this thread!

both of you should stop posting for a while before you get warned.

This.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Well, "they" will now that you mentioned it with the 3d f**king post of this thread!

What? You really thought it wouldn't happen? It already had before this thread was posted!
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by communist:
What's that??? By Rating, Alex is 14th with 90.4; by PCT Alex is 2nd best, with 75%.

124 yards, zero touchdowns, all the passes but 2 or 3 were checkdowns or very short yards.

Jesus Christ...

you know what those stats got the team? a win? what did newton's stats get him?

I updated my post because I knew it did not have enough context. Smith played good enough for us not to lose. ST and D won us the game. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

I've seen over the years that losses are, by some here, hung directly on Smith's shoulders and wins are credited to the team.
Originally posted by valrod33:

No he was talking about the 1 yard run that came on the drive that started at the Seahawks 49 after they punted to us

My bad. You're right.
Originally posted by valrod33:

My bad. You're right.

So driving the ball down field and scoring TDs are your definition of not Fing up.... My bad. You're right. He must not F up more often.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone