There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

90.4

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
And I'd hope harbaltary would not settle even if we won 56-0, Id hope he would find something we needed to improve on.


He was criticized at Stanford for running up scores, so you may get your wish.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
And I'd hope harbaltary would not settle even if we won 56-0, Id hope he would find something we needed to improve on.


He was criticized at Stanford for running up scores, so you may get your wish.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
That is asking WAAAY too much for the zone.

We could win 56-0, and we will still have a poster whining about some play during the game that could have been done better.

And I'd hope harbaltary would not settle even if we won 56-0, Id hope he would find something we needed to improve on.
That is just wrong...
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This thread. Just wow. It's too much. I don't think I can read any more of the stuff posted in here, it's giving me a headache. Some people are just out of their minds with some of the things I've heard said that have absolutely zero -- and I do mean zero -- supporting evidence. This goes for a ton of people, on both sides of what I see is clearly a pointless argument happening between folks here.

Sunday just needs to get here. I want this thread to just go away. I know it's such a long shot, but I pray we somehow exit that game with a win and nothing to complain about...
That is asking WAAAY too much for the zone.

We could win 56-0, and we will still have a poster whining about some play during the game that could have been done better.

This reminds me of a couple years ago when JTO's ACTUAL picks were better than Smith's "almost" picks. Then when I asked the poster to clarify I was just told.."dood...u jusz don noe football luuzer!" I mean I got what he was trying to say but the same group of people, when judging Alex, say a "pick is a pick."
Originally posted by dj43:
That is just wrong...

UNtil he opens up the offense, thats who he is.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This thread. Just wow. It's too much. I don't think I can read any more of the stuff posted in here, it's giving me a headache. Some people are just out of their minds with some of the things I've heard said that have absolutely zero -- and I do mean zero -- supporting evidence. This goes for a ton of people, on both sides of what I see is clearly a pointless argument happening between folks here.

Sunday just needs to get here. I want this thread to just go away. I know it's such a long shot, but I pray we somehow exit that game with a win and nothing to complain about...
That is asking WAAAY too much for the zone.

We could win 56-0, and we will still have a poster whining about some play during the game that could have been done better.

This reminds me of a couple years ago when JTO's ACTUAL picks were better than Smith's "almost" picks. Then when I asked the poster to clarify I was just told.."dood...u jusz don noe football luuzer!" I mean I got what he was trying to say but the same group of people, when judging Alex, say a "pick is a pick."

But they were beautiful spirals right into the hands of defenders, man. Clearly JTO threw a very catchable ball.

It's just insanity around here after every game no matter what the outcome. IF we throw all game and win, it's just cause it's a crappy team. If we run because they can't stop Gore, it's because they don't trust the QB. If a pass is incomplete ever, it's always a horrible play, especially when no one's open and the ball has to be thrown away.

It's a lot to ask someone to look at everything through a lens of impartiality. When you simply don't like a guy, subconsciously you're always going to judge him a little more harshly no matter what the circumstances. It's just the way it goes. People are a little more lenient to a player they pull for or really like.

I love Gore, but in my opinion he played like crap on Sunday. He ran straight into the pile too many times and didn't show good vision on some plays in my opinion. He also had a drop that I felt he should've had. Someone can come up with all sorts of Gorexcuses to try and justify it, but simply put 59 yards on 22 carries is a poor performance. 2.7/carry is not going to cut it. That's rather atrocious, but you won't see 1000 post threads about Gore.
Sometimes I look at Smith's stats, 60% completion average the past two years, and wonder how he did so well considering the offensive plan. I'll give Gore a pass for Seattle until we see what he does this week. I don't think the 9ers are going to take the lead and run away with the game.

Lambda--those are many of the same people who wanted the 9ers to not sign Smith and just pick up anyone to replace him. After all, hall of fame QBs are hanging from the trees around here.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Sometimes I look at Smith's stats, 60% completion average the past two years, and wonder how he did so well considering the offensive plan. I'll give Gore a pass for Seattle until we see what he does this week. I don't think the 9ers are going to take the lead and run away with the game.

This, all our pass plays were in predictable situations, either against a huge rush, or coverage all over the field. And our play actions and Flea flickers only had 1-2 receiving options.

As far as gore, i'll give him a pass for week 1, he did look slower, but I bet he will be his normal self this week. I'm expecting like a 40yd td run this week from him :) we will definitely need it.
What did I miss? My thread was deleted?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This reminds me of a couple years ago when JTO's ACTUAL picks were better than Smith's "almost" picks. Then when I asked the poster to clarify I was just told.."dood...u jusz don noe football luuzer!" I mean I got what he was trying to say but the same group of people, when judging Alex, say a "pick is a pick."

Its almost like a racial hate. They hate Alex because he's Alex.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by dj43:
That is just wrong...

UNtil he opens up the offense, thats who he is.
It was a good blend of plays this week. Maybe we need to sub Frank more.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,732
In two games, ROOKIE Andy Dalton, who went to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, ranks No. 8 in the NFL in passer rating (105.7)

What's his excuse, and why is he better than Alex Smith in year 7? We'll find out this Sunday. If Andy was our QB and stunk it up, we'd have every excuse in the book ready for him, but he went to a worse team and is lighting it up so far.

Watching all these QBs come out of college to the worst teams in the league (like Smith did) and just flat out play is getting irritating. No wonder I'm so pissed about this slow learning, inaccurate, hesitant, and non-instinctual player we have at QB for the last 7 years and counting.
Originally posted by Shaj:
In two games, ROOKIE Andy Dalton, who went to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, ranks No. 8 in the NFL in passer rating (105.7)

What's his excuse, and why is he better than Alex Smith in year 7? We'll find out this Sunday. If Andy was our QB and stunk it up, we'd have every excuse in the book ready for him, but he went to a worse team and is lighting it up so far.

Watching all these QBs come out of college to the worst teams in the league (like Smith did) and just flat out play is getting irritating. No wonder I'm so pissed about this slow learning, inaccurate, hesitant, and non-instinctual player we have at QB for the last 7 years and counting.

He has face two of the worst pass defending teams in the NFL, just give it a rest man, everybody knows what you think and that you are not going to change your mind or anyone else's.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,732
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Shaj:
In two games, ROOKIE Andy Dalton, who went to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, ranks No. 8 in the NFL in passer rating (105.7)

What's his excuse, and why is he better than Alex Smith in year 7? We'll find out this Sunday. If Andy was our QB and stunk it up, we'd have every excuse in the book ready for him, but he went to a worse team and is lighting it up so far.

Watching all these QBs come out of college to the worst teams in the league (like Smith did) and just flat out play is getting irritating. No wonder I'm so pissed about this slow learning, inaccurate, hesitant, and non-instinctual player we have at QB for the last 7 years and counting.

He has face two of the worst pass defending teams in the NFL, just give it a rest man, everybody knows what you think and that you are not going to change your mind or anyone else's.
it's double standards is all it is. When other QBs do well, it's because their teammates are HOF bound, or their defense is devestating, or they played inept teams. When Smith plays well, it's because he is finally in a situation where he personally can strut his stuff. However, if he plays bad, then it's back on coaching and his teammates. Smith is the teflon kid! Nothing sticks to him...
Originally posted by Shaj:
it's double standards is all it is. When other QBs do well, it's because their teammates are HOF bound, or their defense is devestating, or they played inept teams. When Smith plays well, it's because he is finally in a situation where he personally can strut his stuff. However, if he plays bad, then it's back on coaching and his teammates. Smith is the teflon kid! Nothing sticks to him...

See my last post, it really isn't worth arguing about anymore,Smith is the qb, he is the only one we hapve that gives us any chance to win. You have already admitted that he is playing better, why start with this again? I have heard you are a good guy from people I trust on here that know you and have no interest in getting into a heated argument over something that is been discussed and debated until there is nothing left to say on the subject. Let's just root for the guy until he's not in a niner uniform anymore, that won't hurt anyone, and it will keep the drama to a minimum. It is quite obvious to any reasonable person that Smith is not a problem this year.