There are 273 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Our team isn't championship caliber till we can continue to upgrade our secondary.

Wouldn't be surprised if they use a couple of high picks next year as well as bringing in FAs. It seems to be the area, aside from receivers, that needs to be improved.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Wouldn't be surprised if they use a couple of high picks next year as well as bringing in FAs. It seems to be the area, aside from receivers, that needs to be improved.

I agree. I'd love it if we drafted/traded/signed someone to be our #1 DB, and let rodgers be our #2 until culliver is good enough, or let culliver play FS, since Reggie smith, and goldson aren't the best.
Good post! His problems may be more developmental than mental, as the schemes and coaching over the past four or five years has been bad. His first two years he had decent OCs who helped him, but after that is a mess. Someone in another thread mentioned how little effort went into developing a 40 million dollar asset. Not good business strategy.

I agree completely that this is his best chance ever to maximize his ability. If he doesn't then I will be disappointed, but it my belief that he will be a very good QB working with Harbaugh...just don't know about a championship calibre QB.

I agree with the developmental part, by mental I meant he thinks too much sometimes. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he became a solid 90+ QBR type guy and we could spend some time teaching the young guys how to play in the NFL.
Just imagine the over-analysis if Smith throws a pick this week.
  • dj43
Our team isn't championship caliber till we can continue to upgrade our secondary.

It has been widely reported that the 49er draft room went ballistic when AZ picked Peterson. So, yes, I believe that the secondary will be the top priority next spring.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

1 pick = 4 threads
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

1 pick = 4 threads

I'll take the over!
This thread. Just wow. It's too much. I don't think I can read any more of the stuff posted in here, it's giving me a headache. Some people are just out of their minds with some of the things I've heard said that have absolutely zero -- and I do mean zero -- supporting evidence. This goes for a ton of people, on both sides of what I see is clearly a pointless argument happening between folks here.

Sunday just needs to get here. I want this thread to just go away. I know it's such a long shot, but I pray we somehow exit that game with a win and nothing to complain about...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This thread. Just wow. It's too much. I don't think I can read any more of the stuff posted in here, it's giving me a headache. Some people are just out of their minds with some of the things I've heard said that have absolutely zero -- and I do mean zero -- supporting evidence. This goes for a ton of people, on both sides of what I see is clearly a pointless argument happening between folks here.

Sunday just needs to get here. I want this thread to just go away. I know it's such a long shot, but I pray we somehow exit that game with a win and nothing to complain about...
That is asking WAAAY too much for the zone.

We could win 56-0, and we will still have a poster whining about some play during the game that could have been done better.

There will be threads like this every week.

We could win 56-0, and we will still have a poster whining about some play during the game that could have been done better.

And I'd hope harbaltary would not settle even if we won 56-0, Id hope he would find something we needed to improve on.
And I'd hope harbaltary would not settle even if we won 56-0, Id hope he would find something we needed to improve on.

He was criticized at Stanford for running up scores, so you may get your wish.

He was criticized at Stanford for running up scores, so you may get your wish.

• dj43

That is just wrong...

This reminds me of a couple years ago when JTO's ACTUAL picks were better than Smith's "almost" picks. Then when I asked the poster to clarify I was just told.."dood...u jusz don noe football luuzer!" I mean I got what he was trying to say but the same group of people, when judging Alex, say a "pick is a pick."
Share 49ersWebzone