There are 172 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by susweel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W30acTyVsvo&feature=player_embedded#!

Highlights for the game... Watch Smith and some of his throws and decisions he makes. Even the announcers give him props.

Maybe instead of judging one throw we as a fan base can look at the whole picture.

Great idea!!!

Here's the big picture for Alex Smith:

22 - 36 career win/loss record
72.4 career passer rating

any questions?

124 yards passing 0 TDs and missing wide open players in the endzone.

Could you guys at least say those were good throws? Listen to the announcer at 3:57 "That was a great job extending the play, it was a beautiful throw" Also look at the 9 minute mark "Alex Smith throws an absolute dart. Threads the needle now that is a big time throw"

Troy Smith had some incredible throws as well, much more incredible than Smith has thrown in his wet dreams, in fact. Do you wish for me to extoll the virtues of those throws, at the expense of characterizing his overall career potential - which tells a completely different story, just to make Troy Smith fans feeeeel gooooood?

Shaj. Your ability to have an intellectual discussion is negligible at best. It is pretty funny to me that you think so highly of your deductive reasoning skills. Your football knowledge is clearly lacking,but you tend to fall back on some strange megalomaniacal, business-oriented analysis paradigm. I have a new exercise for you to try. Read the posts to which you wish to respond two or three times before responding. It is obvious that you lack the innate reading comprehension abilities necessary to quickly digest and diagnose the meaning of said posts. I think taking it a bit slower might help you to focus in on preparing salient arguments instead of falling back on your talking points, or using rhetorical techniques that you have been previously calling out in others.

Either you purposely ignored the point of the post- Just call the game what it was, and be fair about your (understandably limited) analysis of the current game- or you didn't understand that his plea was not a challenge of your view about Smith's career, but rather your lack of intellectual honesty.You lose a ton of credibility when you can't admit obvious facts, or you have to deflect the facts and bring up some straw-man argument in response.

I understand a Smith "haters"point of view. The responsible reaction from someone with that viewpoint for the previous game would have been that "Smith played pretty well. The playcalling was conservative. We have no idea why it was conservative, and can only guess as to the motivations behind the playcalling (if we aren't taking the player's and coach quotes as being legitimate. Smith made enough plays that they won the game. He made some nice throws, and missed a few as well. One game doesn't change the overall view of Smith, but if he can string a number of games like the last one (with perhaps more production as the offense opens up) then my mind coiuld begin to slowly change. I doubt that will happen because of past performance, but I can see why it would make sense for some to think things could change with a new coach and system."

In another thread you started going off about how great Kolb was last week. His QBR (another stat that you have used very selectively to bash Smith last year) was much worse than Smith's yet that didn't fit your agenda. I have a suspicion that if the games had been reversed you would have been using the QBR to bury Smith. We can look at your past performances in this regard for verification that you would most likely use this tact. Intellectual dishonesty, Shaj. It is your legacy on this board. Step it up a little bit in the future.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Amir:
Page 69

its gonna hit 100 pages
Originally posted by rk1642:
Why can't we wait to bash Alex? At least let him lose a game for us before you throw him under the bus! So asinine to have this discussion now after a win where Alex did everything Jim asked of him. Alex is not trying to live up to your expectations, he's trying to live up to Jim's.

the waiting never stops. When he sucks, it's not his fault. when we lose, it's not his fault. When we win, it's because of his play. when he throws only 124 yards and no TDs, he's the reason we won, and his missed opportunities in said game were actually the fault of other players and the coaches.

Straw man argument yet again. 2 or 3 times before responding Shaj... trust me it will make everything clearer.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

Highlights for the game... Watch Smith and some of his throws and decisions he makes. Even the announcers give him props.

Maybe instead of judging one throw we as a fan base can look at the whole picture.

Great idea!!!

any questions?

Could you guys at least say those were good throws? Listen to the announcer at 3:57 "That was a great job extending the play, it was a beautiful throw" Also look at the 9 minute mark "Alex Smith throws an absolute dart. Threads the needle now that is a big time throw"

Troy Smith had some incredible throws as well, much more incredible than Smith has thrown in his wet dreams, in fact. Do you wish for me to extoll the virtues of those throws, at the expense of characterizing his overall career potential - which tells a completely different story, just to make Troy Smith fans feeeeel gooooood?

Shaj. Your ability to have an intellectual discussion is negligible at best. It is pretty funny to me that you think so highly of your deductive reasoning skills. Your football knowledge is clearly lacking,but you tend to fall back on some strange megalomaniacal, business-oriented analysis paradigm. I have a new exercise for you to try. Read the posts to which you wish to respond two or three times before responding. It is obvious that you lack the innate reading comprehension abilities necessary to quickly digest and diagnose the meaning of said posts. I think taking it a bit slower might help you to focus in on preparing salient arguments instead of falling back on your talking points, or using rhetorical techniques that you have been previously calling out in others.

Either you purposely ignored the point of the post- Just call the game what it was, and be fair about your (understandably limited) analysis of the current game- or you didn't understand that his plea was not a challenge of your view about Smith's career, but rather your lack of intellectual honesty.You lose a ton of credibility when you can't admit obvious facts, or you have to deflect the facts and bring up some straw-man argument in response.

I understand a Smith "haters"point of view. The responsible reaction from someone with that viewpoint for the previous game would have been that "Smith played pretty well. The playcalling was conservative. We have no idea why it was conservative, and can only guess as to the motivations behind the playcalling (if we aren't taking the player's and coach quotes as being legitimate. Smith made enough plays that they won the game. He made some nice throws, and missed a few as well. One game doesn't change the overall view of Smith, but if he can string a number of games like the last one (with perhaps more production as the offense opens up) then my mind coiuld begin to slowly change. I doubt that will happen because of past performance, but I can see why it would make sense for some to think things could change with a new coach and system."

In another thread you started going off about how great Kolb was last week. His QBR (another stat that you have used very selectively to bash Smith last year) was much worse than Smith's yet that didn't fit your agenda. I have a suspicion that if the games had been reversed you would have been using the QBR to bury Smith. We can look at your past performances in this regard for verification that you would most likely use this tact. Intellectual dishonesty, Shaj. It is your legacy on this board. Step it up a little bit in the future.

s**t just got real
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
s**t just got real

sure did, dude just called out Shaj's manhood.

Im waiting for Shaj's rebuttal
Aaron Rodgers completes that throw with his hand tied behind his back.

Impossible, he was thousands of miles away.
s**t just got real

Shaj, the excellence lover, is coming up with a most excellent rebuttal.

Pass the popcorn.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

He's gotta rocket though I still thinks he completes it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

He's gotta rocket though I still thinks he completes it.

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
s**t just got real

Shaj, the excellence lover, is coming up with a most excellent rebuttal.

Pass the popcorn.
We may have to wait a few minutes because I think the lasagna noodles were boiling over.

Great idea!!!

any questions?

Shaj, you're a good guy and more important, a great sport.

But DTC made great points in here.

s**t just got real

Not his manhood, just on his obvious lack of objectivity and generally of talking out his ass. 100% true though, he very obviously gets carried away.
I always dreamed of having a thread that went over 1,000 replies....

...but not this way
Shaj, You are amongst the few who was right about Alex. Pay no attention to these peons. Nobody likes to be proven wrong, and Alex has been proving them wrong for 7 years now
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It's 90.4 degrees outside

Great idea!!!

any questions?

dt: There is no need to make this personal. If you cannot focus on the posts and not the poster, you will be warned.
Share 49ersWebzone