LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 173 users in the forums

What new starter are you most excited to see in action tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
The thread is asking which starter, you just named 2 backups.

hunter should be starting at kr and he should get about 5-10 touches on offense. whos to say aldon doesnt start? aldon>parys......
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:

hunter should be starting at kr and he should get about 5-10 touches on offense. whos to say aldon doesnt start? aldon>parys......

I just looked and apparently Hunter is the main KR (I thought it would be Ginn) and per the official depth chart on 49ers.com Aldon Smith is not the starting OLB.
I think most people realize that Alex Smith's performance depends on the performance of the OLine.

I think that's such an obvious statement it doesn't need to be mentioned. With that line of reasoning how could you be most excited to see Edwards? And while I agree that it all starts with the Oline, unless he's getting buried like in the Saints and Houston game, I still expect him to make the proper reads and adjustments at the line. Isn't that one of the new found freedoms in Harbaugh's offense?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think that's such an obvious statement it doesn't need to be mentioned. With that line of reasoning how could you be most excited to see Edwards? And while I agree that it all starts with the Oline, unless he's getting buried like in the Saints and Houston game, I still expect him to make the proper reads and adjustments at the line. Isn't that one of the new found freedoms in Harbaugh's offense?

One would hope that he makes the proper reads, I'm pretty confident that he will and the offense will move the ball up and down the field. Now if we go back to the original topic minus my "obvious" statement then I'd have to say I am most excited about Crabtree. I want to see what he can and can't do and how once again no OTA, TC and preseason will effect his performance.

I just looked and apparently Hunter is the main KR (I thought it would be Ginn) and per the official depth chart on 49ers.com Aldon Smith is not the starting OLB.

i believe that also says unofficial depth chart......just saying......even if aldon doesnt start, which im not so sure of. he is going to probably play just as much as parys if not more.

but yeah hunter is the man. everything you could want in a kr. he is fast, shifty, elusive, and hard to bring down. being a rb he is used to the contact and imo is perfectly suited for the role. hunter = darren sproles 2.0?
M. Williams. Spot start due to injuries. He will likely be targeted. How will he respond?
One would hope that he makes the proper reads, I'm pretty confident that he will and the offense will move the ball up and down the field. Now if we go back to the original topic minus my "obvious" statement then I'd have to say I am most excited about Crabtree. I want to see what he can and can't do and how once again no OTA, TC and preseason will effect his performance.

I dont even see how the guy could be in football shape at this point? There is a part of me that wants to see him benched for a while and let guys like Morgan and Gin play, but I have to keep reminding myself that the injury this TC wasn't his fault.... Irrational, I know.
Braylon on offense, Whitner on defense, and Hunter on special teams

i believe that also says unofficial depth chart......just saying......even if aldon doesnt start, which im not so sure of. he is going to probably play just as much as parys if not more.

but yeah hunter is the man. everything you could want in a kr. he is fast, shifty, elusive, and hard to bring down. being a rb he is used to the contact and imo is perfectly suited for the role. hunter = darren sproles 2.0?

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that it is an unofficial depth chart. As for playing time I would expect Aldon to get plenty of playing time.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Aldon Smith.

And years to come.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Kendall Hunter on O, Aldon Smith on D

Give the guy a break, reading comprehension is not his forte.

Neither is knowledge about football and everyone gives him a hard time about that
You can't diss his mancave designing techniques though! Awesome pics on the parking lot thread Shaj.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
all of them

Plus Harbaugh
I'm really looking foward to seeing Carlos Rogers and praying that we get some stability back there now. Watching the Carolina Panthers throw at will on our secondary and live at the game for me I might add last season was downright embarassing.
  • Hek49
  • Veteran
Bowman, edwards and aldon smith. Smith wont start but, I still wanna see how he does in there...
My choices would have to be from the pass rush group and the DB's because these have been lacking for soooooooo loooooong.

So Whitner and Rogers and Macdonald and Brooks ........ I would love to add Aldon Smith but he isn't starting.

I know , I know , I couldn't stay within the guidlines.
Share 49ersWebzone