LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

steve young: i can see alex holding lombardi trophy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan29:
Why he slap your mother to hard or something? How can you not want to explain? Was it his comercials? Did you not like him singing? Come on man you can't just come in and dis one of the best QB's of all time and then just cop out like that and say "I don't want to have to explain"

Some people don't need no stinking badges!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
New Stat for you guys to argue about.
he 49ers are 10-0 when Smith has a passer rating of at least 96.0.
Commence...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000408309_preview-seahawks49ers

That brings the question to mind. How good could our defense really be if we had any consistency out of Alex? But then again those could all be games against teams that were under .500?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont think Steve is saying much. With a good supporting cast and coach almost any servicable QB can win a Superbowl. With that said, I think at best Alex will be solid to good, but I think he has almost zero chance of being dominant.

Fixed. Sorry, pet peeve. The "dominate" vs. "dominant" thing.
This is why we need more funding for concussion research studies.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

"He's been dealing with people for 4-5 years that look at the quarterback position as just another place, just another guy and that is the worst way to ever get anything out of your quarterback."

What part about that is false?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Funny! Kind of like what he said about trusting your rb to pick up blitz then mentioned Lawrence Phillips.

But does know what he's talking about. His concussion wasn't that he got confused, he just go unconscious.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM ]
kindda young to be developing dementia already, no?
someone has sht coming out if his mouth. Steve is definitely not constipated. I wish he was. Could you leave the commments to under 2 minutes please.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan29:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Young is a freaking bafoon. I don't know people are compelled to quote anything he has to say. I hate that mother f**ker.

What the (expletive)?

I don't want to have to explain. I'll just say he's an idiot.

Why he slap your mother to hard or something? How can you not want to explain? Was it his comercials? Did you not like him singing? Come on man you can't just come in and dis one of the best QB's of all time and then just cop out like that and say "I don't want to have to explain"

It goes back to him and Joe. I don't like the way he handled the whole thing. Ever since then, I never like the guy. Is that a good enough explanation for you?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM ]
young is 100% right but the statement is a very safe one to make. I mean after Dilfer, you can pretty much say nearly any QB that plays safe can win a SB.

Originally posted by Joecool:
young is 100% right but the statement is a very safe one to make. I mean after Dilfer, you can pretty much say nearly any QB that plays safe can win a SB.

It's not like he was say Alex was going to making yearly Pro Bowl trips en route to the Hall of Fame. Just stating a simple fact of the situation.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dont know where this goes there is no alex smith thread

Ralph: "Can you envision Alex Smith holding the Lombardi trophy?"

Young: "I can... This is why I say this, I was coached by people who didn't understand offense and didn't teach it in a way that was really helpful to the quarterback... and you really don't have a chance... He's been dealing with people for 4-5 years that look at the quarterback position as just another place, just another guy and that is the worst way to ever get anything out of your quarterback."

http://www.knbr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=K5mzyTch%2fMg%3d&tabid=1065

would also like to add something montana said

One of the things I've seen with Alex is that when he's been put in bad position with down and distance, (there weren't) many guys he could throw to without throwing 30 yards. There were times I looked and it's 3rd-and-18 and now he's got four guys going 20 to 30 yards downfield, so what do you want him to do? He's either got to throw it into traffic or take a sack or throw it away, so none of them are very good options.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/28/SP7L1KSMLU.DTL

are steve and jow alexcusers, or is there something to this alex smith hasnt had a chance theory
Steve Young couldn't even read defenses and we're listening to this guy???????????????????
back-ups get to hold the trophy at some point im sure
Originally posted by Shaj:
the funny thing is, when Rice berates Smith, Rice is an old bitter retiree who knows nothing about football other than how to play the WR position. When Young gives Smith adulation, he is a savvy football analyst with shrewd insight. The Rice thread is locked, I'm guessing this one won't be. lol.

Trollexcuses
Share 49ersWebzone