LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

steve young: i can see alex holding lombardi trophy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I rented this movie out of curiosity. Totally FREAKish!

What movie is that?
Posted in another thread:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Remember when Jeff Garcia, a very very good 4-time Pro Bowl QB, went from throwing 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs in back to back years in San Francisco to playing HORRIBLE elsewhere in Cleveland and Detroit? Getting BENCHED. In Cleveand he threw only 10 TD and 9 INTs with a 76.7 rating. In Detroit.. 3 TD with 6 INTs and a 65.1 rating before he was done.

Garcia on his own could do nothing to overcome the horrible circumstances. There was nothing he could do.

Then.. all of a sudden, he's an awesome quarterback again when he goes to Philadelphia, and then STILL played well in Tampa at the age of 37 and 38, making the Pro Bowl and getting them into the playoffs. Smith has never had a team like Garcia had around him when he was successful. Smith has had teams comparable to the Cleveland and Detroit teams Garcia was on.

This isn't to say Smith is good, because he's done poorly... BUT... Considering Garcia as an example, one can easily see why there is at least a legitimate reason to believe that Smith COULD be an unfortunate victim of circumstance. Can you concede that it is within the realm of possibility?
Asking Rice about a the qb position is like asking Singletary about the safety position. He can only offer a limited perspective but not a thorough one. Don't want Rice to pick out a qb like Singletary picking out Taylor Mays.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I rented this movie out of curiosity. Totally FREAKish!

What movie is that?

Japanese or Korean made, 'Audition'. Not for the squeemish and make sure your stomach is empty when watching just incase.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I honestly think it's possible. IMO Alex has had clueless developers. Now he has a master. Plus his line has always sucked. If they can fix that he will do pretty well with the weapons he has this year. I don't know if it will happen or not. But I don't think it's impossible.

Were it not for everyone else's ineptitude, Smith would have been a 6 time all pro qb. I would love to suck at my job year after year and have everyone else get blamed/fired

this organization has been a huge mess from top to bottom for almost a decade

No kidding, huh?

It's not just Smith that's failed.

The people who were "blamed/fired" made plenty of other mistakes.

Right. In the real world if you had worked for a company that has been as bad as the Niners have for nearly a decade there would be no job left to lose.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Young is a freaking bafoon. I don't know people are compelled to quote anything he has to say. I hate that mother f**ker.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Young is a freaking bafoon. I don't know people are compelled to quote anything he has to say. I hate that mother f**ker.

What the (expletive)?
puff puff pass Steve
  • Jiks
New Stat for you guys to argue about.
he 49ers are 10-0 when Smith has a passer rating of at least 96.0.
Commence...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000408309_preview-seahawks49ers
Originally posted by BHulman:
Right. In the real world if you had worked for a company that has been as bad as the Niners have for nearly a decade there would be no job left to lose.

Studied management for years and it is surprising how badly some companies are managed. Usually they have a good idea or product and overcome some years of bad management but eventually begin to fail as well managed competitors replace them. This has happened to the 9ers since Eddy D lost the team. Slowly, the management began bringing in inferior coaches/GMs who slowly eroded the talent pool and spun the ship into a tailspin. Nolan and Singletary were reaches as HCs, and they could not overcome their mistakes because there was no oversight from an experienced HOFO or Pres.

They have managed to bring in some talented players but the systems were so bad and the coaching so badly managed that the talent was never developed or allowed to excell. Each of the coaches may have been talented but there seemed to be no cohesion. The receiver coaches were not working with the QB coach, etc. Even the D, that seemed so talented a few years ago, began to worsen under Singletary, a defensive guy.

So, in this environment it cracks me up that some are willing to blame the guys at the bottom. Smith, Crabtree, Franklin, Rachal...whoever! Now, Harbaugh has brought in coaches he knows and trusts to create an environment with continuity and unity throughout the organization. The players are starting to buy in and we will see if JH and his system make a difference or whether JH wasn't ready for the NFL. I'll put my money on Harbaugh because I'm a fan.

Edit: PS--The NFL is such a monopoly that even the worst owners can go on indefinately it seems!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran

What the (expletive)?

I don't want to have to explain. I'll just say he's an idiot.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
puff puff pass Steve

I dont think Steve does drugs, but this could definitly be a sign that he had one too many concussions....lol

What the (expletive)?

WTF is right.

I liked Steve better then Montana. In fact if memory serves Montana was a jerk to Steve and wouldn't help him out when Steve was on the bench. And Montana went to the Chiefs when Young stayed.

Anyways its refreshing to hear something positive about Alex. He might not become the next Steve Young but I definitely see him doing better then he has in the past.

What the (expletive)?

I don't want to have to explain. I'll just say he's an idiot.

Why he slap your mother to hard or something? How can you not want to explain? Was it his comercials? Did you not like him singing? Come on man you can't just come in and dis one of the best QB's of all time and then just cop out like that and say "I don't want to have to explain"
I dont think Steve is saying much. With a good supporting cast and coach almost any servicable QB can win a Superbowl. With that said, I think at best Alex will be solid to good, but I think he has almost zero chance of being dominate.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone