There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

steve young: i can see alex holding lombardi trophy

Originally posted by Shaj:
Its only genuine because it is what zoners want to hear. If he said Alex sucks, the he would be a grumpy ex qb who know nothing about football analysis.

I would argue that if said Alex was terrible and had no chance of ever winning there would be PLENTY of people on the zone who would praise Steve Young and love it. It goes both ways.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Its only genuine because it is what zoners want to hear. If he said Alex sucks, the he would be a grumpy ex qb who know nothing about football analysis.

Of course it's what they want to hear. Don't you want to hear that your teams QB could be good?

Or are you more interested in being right?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I honestly think it's possible. IMO Alex has had clueless developers. Now he has a master. Plus his line has always sucked. If they can fix that he will do pretty well with the weapons he has this year. I don't know if it will happen or not. But I don't think it's impossible.

well said homie
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
I honestly think it's possible. IMO Alex has had clueless developers. Now he has a master. Plus his line has always sucked. If they can fix that he will do pretty well with the weapons he has this year. I don't know if it will happen or not. But I don't think it's impossible.

Were it not for everyone else's ineptitude, Smith would have been a 6 time all pro qb. I would love to suck at my job year after year and have everyone else get blamed/fired
Were it not for everyone else's ineptitude, Smith would have been a 6 time all pro qb. I would love to suck at my job year after year and have everyone else get blamed/fired

You're really reaching in this thread. Damn.

Steve Young, one of the best analysts of the quarterback position (and one of the best to ever play the position) is saying our QB might have a chance to be great with this coaching staff. And you STILL try to twist his words. This is amazing.

this organization has been a huge mess from top to bottom for almost a decade
maybe if trent dilfer can why cant alex??

I don't think SanDiego49er is the guy you want to accuse of making excuses for Alex. He wasn't blaming everyone else for Alex Smith's problems...he's acknowledging that the organization/coaching/team has not done him any favors. No one believes that Alex Smith is completely blameless. You're attacking a straw man.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on Sep 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM ]
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:

Steve Young, one of the best analysts of the quarterback position (and one of the best to ever play the position) is saying our QB might have a chance to be great with this coaching staff. And you STILL try to twist his words. This is amazing.

I wasn't twisting his words, I was being sarcastic. I'm also pointing out that every nfl analyst that praises Smith is a shrewd and insigjtful nfl analyst and every analyst that trashes Smith is an idiot. If you don't see this then you have selective retention
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

this organization has been a huge mess from top to bottom for almost a decade

No kidding, huh?

It's not just Smith that's failed.

The people who were "blamed/fired" made plenty of other mistakes.
Originally posted by Method:

It`s not amazing, it`s Shaj and his well u know....
I wasn't twisting his words, I was being sarcastic. I'm also pointing out that every nfl analyst that praises Smith is a shrewd and insigjtful nfl analyst and every analyst that trashes Smith is an idiot. If you don't see this then you have selective retention

Where are all these people who feel this way? Straw man argument again.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:

Where are all these people who feel this way? Straw man argument again.

Just this week, smith was trashed by sando, rice, and eric davis. Coincidentally, they are all idiots.
Maybe when he's backing up Rodgers in GB next year and they win the super bowl they MIGHT let him touch the trophy.
Am sure glad the haters and lovers arnt the head coaches of our team. Both sides have been blinded by their hate/love affair with Alex. The haters definatly have valid arguments why Smith should go. On the other hand the lovers have valid arguments why Smith hasnt gotton the job done. Does the truth lie somewhere in the middle? I dont think so myself. It lies on the football field. Either way the point is Alex is the man for at least this year and the haters/lovers need to quite down and watch the season unfold and at the end we will all know who is right.