Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Shaj,

What's your deal?

lol, good one. My deal is that Alex gets personal credit for a 124 yard no td passes win and Cam gets no credit for 400+ yard loss his first day in the NFL. Alex needed an entire year to stop putting his jock strap on backwards in the locker room. Cam's already done what Alex has never done, and in all likelihood will never do. unless he goes to the arena league.

cam looked like s**t in the red zone when the game was on the line though

And Alex looked awesome, right?

he looked pretty good handing the ball off over and over and over and over. Kind of hard to look bad doing that.

That pass behind the defender's back to the outside of Vernon Davis for a long gainer was pretty good. 'Throwing the receiver open' If you are a football fan, you would have to appreciate that one no matter how much hate you have for Smith.

if we're talking the same pass, VD was open for about 3 seconds (running from left to right) or so before Smith finally threw. it's like he was trying to find the guts to do it. He was also staring down VD. I'm glad he finally made the pass and made it well, but the window almost damn near closed.
Shaj,

What's your deal?

lol, good one. My deal is that Alex gets personal credit for a 124 yard no td passes win and Cam gets no credit for 400+ yard loss his first day in the NFL. Alex needed an entire year to stop putting his jock strap on backwards in the locker room. Cam's already done what Alex has never done, and in all likelihood will never do. unless he goes to the arena league.

the point is if you are going to suck cams cock in a niner forum on a sunday win, let it be on a day he won the game

I am impressed they can type while cupping balls
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by backontop:
Shaj,

What's your deal?

he looked pretty good handing the ball off over and over and over and over. Kind of hard to look bad doing that.

That pass behind the defender's back to the outside of Vernon Davis for a long gainer was pretty good. 'Throwing the receiver open' If you are a football fan, you would have to appreciate that one no matter how much hate you have for Smith.

if we're talking the same pass, VD was open for about 3 seconds (running from left to right) or so before Smith finally threw. it's like he was trying to find the guts to do it. He was also staring down VD. I'm glad he finally made the pass and made it well, but the window almost damn near closed.

Ok..but the pass was completed. It could have easily been incomplete or worse. He missed his initial opportunity and made up for it with a big gain.

You claim to be so results driven. That's results.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Shaj,

What's your deal?

the point is if you are going to suck cams cock in a niner forum on a sunday win, let it be on a day he won the game

I am impressed they can type while cupping balls

i am impressed they can read peoples post with cams dick in their mouth

so you're complaining about what he almost Didn't do? Cannot please some people...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
# of GMs in the league that would pick Alex over Cam as their QB: 0

Wow... are you hopping on every thread that involves Smith and making it into an Alex vs Cam thread? What QB had better numbers than Cam today? We get you don't like Alex, but he is what he is. Deal with it. Lets hope he keeps the TOs to a minimum and makes the throws when he has to. Your comparison is really ridiculous.

what's frustrating me is the degree of homerism here. people are not just drinking kool aid, I think they're swimming in it. it's frustrating to me because fans have a bigger voice than we think we do, but if this site is at all representative of the total fan base, we are extremely complacent and easily satisfied, most of all at the qb position.

when smith loses games and puts up bad stats, it's his peers and coaching. when he has an solid but unspectacular game with sub-average yards and no passing TDs and the D and ST wins it, he's a hero. When Cam throws for 400 yards in his NFL debut, it's meaningless because the team didn't win. Jeez, if Alex threw for 400 yards in a loss in year 7, this place would be pandemonium.

I think I'm one of very few objective people on this site.
what's frustrating me is the degree of homerism here. people are not just drinking kool aid, I think they're swimming in it. it's frustrating to me because fans have a bigger voice than we think we do, but if this site is at all representative of the total fan base, we are extremely complacent and easily satisfied, most of all at the qb position.

when smith loses games and puts up bad stats, it's his peers and coaching. when he has an solid but unspectacular game with sub-average yards and no passing TDs and the D and ST wins it, he's a hero. When Cam throws for 400 yards in his NFL debut, it's meaningless because the team didn't win. Jeez, if Alex threw for 400 yards in a loss in year 7, this place would be pandemonium.

I am sure you do...I am sure you do.

Who gives a s*it about Cam Newton? Stop bringing him up, he has nothing to do with the 49ers, it's not like we passed on getting him in the draft.
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Who gives a s*it about Cam Newton? Stop bringing him up, he has nothing to do with the 49ers, it's not like we passed on getting him in the draft.

It's all he's got man.

Wow... are you hopping on every thread that involves Smith and making it into an Alex vs Cam thread? What QB had better numbers than Cam today? We get you don't like Alex, but he is what he is. Deal with it. Lets hope he keeps the TOs to a minimum and makes the throws when he has to. Your comparison is really ridiculous.

you used to be on Leinerts nuts as well, how did that work out?

• dj43

Newton had a great game today, but to use his statistics as a way to criticize the fact that Smith player error-free football, made good decisions and the team won is not good logic.

Personally, and I have no way to prove this, but I believe Harbaugh has an overall plan for these early games to show no more of his playbook than he must in order to win games. The defense took over this game early and there was no reason to start throwing the ball around. Remember, Harbaugh featured a tough, power-running game at Stanford. Even though he had Andrew Luck, Stanford didn't win games just because of Luck. They won because they could also run the ball well. Today, Harbaugh clearly wanted to see what he could do running the ball and as it turned out, other than a couple of plays, there was no reason to throw it down the field.

Now if the same thing happens next week and the team is losing, then it becomes a different story.

No, I think you are blinded from your dislike, far from objective. Most people realize what Smith is. He will never be a pro bowler. He can be efficient and win if the rest of the team supports him. Cam's game was great, but what the hell does that have to do with Smith? Are you trying to say he is better than Smith after one game? Maybe, but who knows and honestly who cares. There are a lot of QBs better than Smith. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what your point is. Most of his career has been his fault, although, we should all be able to agree that he was dealt the worst possible hand. Smith is going to be our starting QB this year. No point of making this comparison.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when Sing said QB is not the most important position on the field lol

This! He did not know s##t. Not to say Smith is the answer but he finally has an offensive HC so he will get better.

Shaj, I agree with every point in your post. I really do.

But I think the point that is being made here against you is that NO ONE is claiming Smith as a hero. People are just saying that it's a good start by a QB who has been the reason we lost in so many games in the past. He definitely didn't do any of that today, and had more good plays than bad ones. Considering the circumstances and what he was asked to do, he had a solid game. Lets hope and look forward to him improving each week as Harbaugh opens the playbook up as well.
No, I think you are blinded from your dislike, far from objective. Most people realize what Smith is. He will never be a pro bowler. He can be efficient and win if the rest of the team supports him. Cam's game was great, but what the hell does that have to do with Smith? Are you trying to say he is better than Smith after one game? Maybe, but who knows and honestly who cares. There are a lot of QBs better than Smith. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what your point is. Most of his career has been his fault, although, we should all be able to agree that he was dealt the worst possible hand. Smith is going to be our starting QB this year. No point of making this comparison.

Actually, I have no idea what Smith is capable of under Harbaugh except 15/20 for 100+ yards, a hardnosed run for TD and handing off the ball effectively. All positives from the one game he has played under JH. The negatives? Well, he allowed Harbaugh to call too many runs up the middle and also allowed Edwards to be grabbed in the end zone causing a penalty on the Seahawks...or, at least, that's what the criticism seems to be. Oh, and he missed VD on a pass, which as every one knows a good QB would never throw an incompletion.

Seriously, Smith may become a probowl QB under Harbaugh, or just a reasonable game manager. I expect him to improve throughout the year to the point of being comeback player of the year...can a guy comeback if he was never gone? I consider his two years with Singletary lost years so would vote yes.

Edit: Young did not break 60% completion mark until his 5th year in the NFL and it was his 3rd year under Walsh. Montana's QB rating rarely climbed above 89. So what can we gleen from these numbers? Not a thing, they were great QBs. Smith will not have a chance to show what kind of QB he is until the playoffs, where he must show he is a gamer...or not.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone