LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Any Opening day Recipes?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Memphis Style Pork Spareribs

Procure yourself 2-3 racks of St. Louis cut spare ribs. If you cannot find them just get regular ribs and follow the instructions here

You will need to prepare this rub beforehand

Memphis Dry Rub combine the following

1/4 cup paprika, the smoky Hungarian style is best, but either will work.
2 tablespoons of salt
2 tablespoons of onion powder
2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
1-2 tablespoons of cayenne (you can adjust the cayenne to your heat tolerance level)
1/4 cup of turbinado sugar (substitute a 50-50 mix of granulated cane and brown sugar if you cannot find turbinado)

You will also need to make a mixture of 1 part molasses to 3 parts apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. We have also used straight coca cola for the spray and it works almost as well.

Liberally coat the ribs on both sides rubbing the mixture into the meat. Let sit for a few minutes until the rub appears moist. Place over indirect heat on your grill or smoker( use hickory and/or oak for smoking please) for 3-4 hours until the meat draws back from the ends of the bones, spraying regularly with the molasses cider mixture.

Enjoy, this recipe and procedure have placed highly in the Memphis in May ribs category on more than one occasion.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
well im on a diet and i almost have my 6 pack so i guesss ill be having a salad

Chips and salsa, 7 layer dip, some meatballs my brothers GF makes with some grape jelly sauce, sounds funky but is absolutely amazing, and still decidiing if i want to just go all out with finger foods or swoop up some $5 pizzas from Little Caesars.
Garlic fries, lg coke, maybe a churro or some cotton candy for the 4th qtr. Love food at the stick!
Originally posted by backontop:
Pork Tenderloin probably

pork is nasty
Chicken wings, smoked salmon slyders on mini potato pancakes, meatloaf masked garlic potatoes peas & carrots and mushroom gravy. Freemark Abby Cabernet.

Take the wings [I buy just drummies] and marinate them overnight in Vietnamese hot sauce and plenty of fresh lemon - bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes and serve w/ tangy bleu cheese-ranch dressing.

I make the potato pancake batter the night before and buy presliced smoked salmon.

The meatloaf is a secret recipe and there is never any leftover.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
well im on a diet and i almost have my 6 pack so i guesss ill be having a salad

Me too

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by backontop:
Pork Tenderloin probably

pork is nasty

Blasphemer!
nice thread! considering Im from New England and work as a Chef Ill probably make some Stuffed Quahogs!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Memphis Style Pork Spareribs

Procure yourself 2-3 racks of St. Louis cut spare ribs. If you cannot find them just get regular ribs and follow the instructions here

You will need to prepare this rub beforehand

Memphis Dry Rub combine the following

1/4 cup paprika, the smoky Hungarian style is best, but either will work.
2 tablespoons of salt
2 tablespoons of onion powder
2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
1-2 tablespoons of cayenne (you can adjust the cayenne to your heat tolerance level)
1/4 cup of turbinado sugar (substitute a 50-50 mix of granulated cane and brown sugar if you cannot find turbinado)

You will also need to make a mixture of 1 part molasses to 3 parts apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. We have also used straight coca cola for the spray and it works almost as well.

Liberally coat the ribs on both sides rubbing the mixture into the meat. Let sit for a few minutes until the rub appears moist. Place over indirect heat on your grill or smoker( use hickory and/or oak for smoking please) for 3-4 hours until the meat draws back from the ends of the bones, spraying regularly with the molasses cider mixture.

Enjoy, this recipe and procedure have placed highly in the Memphis in May ribs category on more than one occasion.

Love it. This is very similar to what I do.

NVM...must find recipe...from camping this summer, brand new.

Italian Rice w/ Bay Shrimp

2 cups of Jasmine Rice, not the reg.
One bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
Three cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cube of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
couple of turns of the pepper grinder
one can of peas and carrots
one pkg of bay shrimp at the fresh fish section, washed, strained, patted dry with paper towel.
4 cups of Chicken Stock

Turn on Lrg Burner to low-high heat
Add Butter and Olive oil, melt butter
Once butter has melted and galic, onion, parsley, salt and pepper
Stir ingredients for four mins
Turn burn to high heat
Add rice and stir continuously until the rice is completely covered in the yummy, turning just a hint of off white, about 2-3min
Add chicken Stock, making sure to stir completely.
Once at a boil, turn the burner to low-med heat and cover (DO NOT UNCOVER UNTIL DONE)
Cook for 20 mins.
Once done, slowly stir in shrimp and can of peas and carrots.
Cover and let stand five min.

Serve with favorite grilled steak or chicken.

Bon Appetit
[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM ]
Buffalo Chicken Dip!!!!
pok and grits

poke your feet on the table and grit your teeth.
I usually drink anchor beers and eat rice-a-roni, but my garden is kickin this year so I may make some green chile stew
Originally posted by ninertico:

b******t, its gonna be terrible. everything tastes better at tailgates. im not even trying to do anything cool cuz you are my cooking partner! Damn u!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone