LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Any Opening day Recipes?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I used to welcome the new year with cioppino, when we were a winning team. Once I got over the idea of winning, I made Sunday gravy. With Singletary, I got into the habit of making ribs, I'm not sure why.

I'll be making enchiladas this year. They're tasty, filling, and they're cheap.

What are you guys serving?
Nice thread. I'll be having spicy chicken tenders with garlic bread. Damn, Sunday is so f**king close!
Pork Tenderloin probably
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Nice thread. I'll be having spicy chicken tenders with garlic bread. Damn, Sunday is so f**king close!

It sure is! (Sunday, not the thread)

My lack of enthusiasm for this season was a big prompt for this thread. I always like to kick off the season with a real smorgasbord, but I'm just not feeling it this year. I like the fried chicken idea.

Great call, and problem solved.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Sep 10, 2011 at 3:24 AM ]
Not sure exactly what yet, but throwing some kind of meat on da grill sunday
I'll be grilling up some seahawks.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I've got into the habit lately of making beef ribs, except I have the most mouth watering methodology now.... it would get me crucified in Texas though: I pressure cook the ribs first, for about 40 minutes, with only a small amount of water (probably 3" of water), so that the flavor stays in the meat instead of getting boiled out and diluted. The fat on the ribs just melts off and the meat becomes so soft that the bones just slide out when I take them out of the pressure cooker. The meat generally stays in one big piece though. Then I baste the meat in bbq sauce and gril it over very high heat to make it crispy on the outside. The end product is the best ribs on the planet earth. And they are very tasty, soft, and fatty TASTING (all that connective tissue becomes delicious too, and takes on a fat-like texture, the good kind of fatty texture, not the gross kind), but they are in fact very lean. You guys gotta try this.
well im on a diet and i almost have my 6 pack so i guesss ill be having a salad
I will be having some Garlic Fries and a Gordon Biersch amber ale draft, then maybe a footlong polish dog with sauerkraut because that's what they are serving on the concourse at the game!

I've got some New York Strips, Angus Burgers and some hot dogs ready to go for tomorrow. I cannot wait!

I don't go big but I make a dip that is amazingly tasty (at least to me and my friends). Salsa con queso mixed with spicy chunky chili con carne. Heatt it up to hot, and dip away. Sooooo good.
[ Edited by Whomeam on Sep 10, 2011 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Shaj:
I've got into the habit lately of making beef ribs, except I have the most mouth watering methodology now.... it would get me crucified in Texas though: I pressure cook the ribs first, for about 40 minutes, with only a small amount of water (probably 3" of water), so that the flavor stays in the meat instead of getting boiled out and diluted. The fat on the ribs just melts off and the meat becomes so soft that the bones just slide out when I take them out of the pressure cooker. The meat generally stays in one big piece though. Then I baste the meat in bbq sauce and gril it over very high heat to make it crispy on the outside. The end product is the best ribs on the planet earth. And they are very tasty, soft, and fatty TASTING (all that connective tissue becomes delicious too, and takes on a fat-like texture, the good kind of fatty texture, not the gross kind), but they are in fact very lean. You guys gotta try this.

That sounds good. I am going to try these.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Candied Kielbasa

Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 pounds kielbasa sausage, sliced thin

Directions
In a slow cooker combine the sugar, ketchup and horseradish. Add the sausage, and mix well. Cook on High until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to Low, and cook until sauce thickens, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
[ Edited by krizay on Sep 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not sure exactly what yet, but throwing some kind of meat on da grill sunday

tri-tip marinated in busha browns jerk seasoning and some teriyaki marinated shrimp, both on the BBQ.
tri-tip on sale at safeway, so I am going to try this rub and let it sit overnight.
3 TBSP - worchester, black pepper, salt, garlic, chili pepper, onion salt, ground cumin, cilantro
7 lb' tritip

combine rub ingredients and put on tri-tip for 1 hour. **I will probably put on overnight and wrap it in saran wrap tightly**. Have a hot zone and warm zone on grill. Sear both sides of tri-tip, then cook to desired doneness in warm zone for remainder of time (approx. 90 minutes). Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly and serve!
Share 49ersWebzone