There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grant Cohn says we will go to playoffs this year

Cardinals will do good this season outof allthenfc west teams they have the most favorable scedule
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Shaj:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/09/inside-the-49ers/2011-nfl-predictions/

He is smoking crack...

Why is he smoking crack? It isn't out of the realm of possibility. If you don't have faith why be a fan?

because it's then easier for them to cope with losing. they don't set themselves up for failure. most people are like this anyway
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Why is he smoking crack? It isn't out of the realm of possibility. If you don't have faith why be a fan?

He likes drama.

I can't stand people who are so negative. It's ok to be a realist and think we will suck. But you could say "I don't think he is right, but I like the optimism." There are so many negative articles about us, it's kind of nice to read a positive. It's a breath of fresh air.
LOL. Haha...
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
AZ will have a rough season. Kolb is going to find out that the Cardinals are not his father's Eagles. He is going to look very ordinary at best

If he lights it up, it's going to be really fun listening to all the excuses as to why he played well and why he should not get credit for it (great coaching, great surrounding cast, blah blah blah), mostly because he makes Alex look bad if he jumps into a new system and plays well out the chute. That's how it works here.

If you say so........
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
AZ will have a rough season. Kolb is going to find out that the Cardinals are not his father's Eagles. He is going to look very ordinary at best

If he lights it up, it's going to be really fun listening to all the excuses as to why he played well and why he should not get credit for it (great coaching, great surrounding cast, blah blah blah), mostly because he makes Alex look bad if he jumps into a new system and plays well out the chute. That's how it works here.

If you say so........

That is exactly how the zone responded to Bradford's rookie year as well as Matt Ryan's, so why is this such a reach on my part? When QBs do well under Alex-like circumstances they are stripped of any credit for what they've done, and all the credit goes to their surrounding cast and coaching. Meanwhile, when Alex plays s**tty, he is stripped of responsibility, and all the accountability goes to his surrounding cast and coaching. LOL!
That is exactly how the zone responded to Bradford's rookie year as well as Matt Ryan's, so why is this such a reach on my part? When QBs do well under Alex-like circumstances they are stripped of any credit for what they've done, and all the credit goes to their surrounding cast and coaching. Meanwhile, when Alex plays s**tty, he is stripped of responsibility, and all the accountability goes to his surrounding cast and coaching. LOL!

[ Edited by Lobo49er on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM ]

This has me , because it is sooo true...
WTF is going on here, I am suppose to be posting Cohn articles. LOL
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
The oddsmakers in Vegas are consistently more accurate - week in and week out, year in and year out - than sports writers. For them, it's a business and they're level headed about it. Sports writers are too close to the game and too much like fans. Their predictions are based on emotion and ego. Right now, most of the oddsmakers have the 49ers at the top of the NFC West; either tied with St. Louis or picked outright to win the division. So Cohn isn't saying anything so surprising; it just seems that way in the context of NFL sports reporting.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
The Niners won six games last year with the worst coaching staff in the sport. The addition of Jim Harbaugh should be worth three wins and a division title.

This. If 7 wins won the division last year, 8 or 9 will lock it up. I just have a funny feeling the Cardinals will be our main competition
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SJniner7:

This has me , because it is sooo true...

as sure as I'm sitting here typing now, that is what people when say if/when Kolb plays well this year. He was familiar with the system, he got to play behind Vick, he has Whizenhunt, he has Fitzgerald, etc. To give credit to Kolb and other QB's is to beg the question as to why Smith can't do the same, therefore the only escape hatch is to strip Kolb, Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Bradford, etc credit of coming in and having a hot hand in year 1 and staying that way.
[ Edited by Shaj on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:08 AM ]

He is smoking crack...

He's actually spot on...

Not all of us need to use pessimism as a security blanket
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

He is smoking crack...

He's actually spot on...

Not all of us need to use pessimism as a security blanket

LOL! Pessimism is a security blanket? Drinking kool aid and delusions of grandeur are a security blanket. Since when does not prognosticating a playoff season feel good or lend security? I hate that feeling. Nobody likes that. I have no clue what you are talking about. If you are just trying to make a witty and cute comment, fine. but if you are trying to make a logical point, it was a fail.