There are 171 users in the forums

Grant Cohn says we will go to playoffs this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Grant is just taking the reverse approach of his dad, because he's a secret webzone member and knows we all hate his dad.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think he's saying this because he's an unestablished newb and he needs to develop a fan base. The best way to do that is to say things that get people excited = they will like Grant Cohn, even if he's wrong.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
did u say if aaron rodgers was our 1b nnolan would still be coaching

ya he is on crack

Originally posted by verb1der:
Grant is just taking the reverse approach of his dad, because he's a secret webzone member and knows we all hate his 190836.

Fixed
Originally posted by Shaj:
I think he's saying this because he's an unestablished newb and he needs to develop a fan base. The best way to do that is to say things that get people excited = they will like Grant Cohn, even if he's wrong.

Yeah man, no one EVER says what they truly mean or think, especially if it is positive.
I completely agree, we will make the playoffs. Caveat, Smith has to be healthy all season.
Why: Failure is not an option
We'll win the West. We have the most talent and Smith will be serviceable.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its possible. we're going to be better than last year. if we can stay afloat until the bye week we have a very soft second half.

You got it backwards, second half is tougher. Well IMO anyway.

i guess i meant after the bye, not second half. but even in the second half we play 5 of our 6 division games. we could conceivably go 5-3 in those final 8 games (assuming losses to Giants, Ravens, and Steelers). If we can be, say, 2-4 at the bye, go 5-3 in the last 8, then the toss up games become vs Browns and @ Redskins. its possible that we could win 6 or 7 of our final 10 games.

It's really about how we do in the first 6 games, with 3 road trips, two home games against "playoff contenders" and one division game. Like I said, if we stay afloat there we have a better than decent shot. Just MO.
Pardon me for being hopeful, but I am a 49er faithful, who wants to go into a season thinking there team will suck, I for sure dont, hell if I wanted to be such a negative nancy I would have stopped liking the 49ers when they hired Eriscon! So to the pessimists out there I say stop wasting the loyal fans time and go be a Patriot, Packer or Steeler fan! I for one am sticking by my niners through and through, we were a game away from the playoffs last year and I definitely think the moves from last season were for the most part improvements! Im salivating at what where gonna do to the seachickens!!!!!! Harbaugh is gonna own Pete Carrol AGAIN!!!!

It's not too far fetched , the Ram's have a hell of tough schedule to start the season and we do have a very weak @ss division. We should be playing better in the second half of our season when we will play most of our divisional games. I like our chances if we can win some games before the bye. We will know more about our team after the first two games.

Losing is not an option ........ I hope.
rams are gonna open 1-6 or 2-5. we gotta take advantage of that early on
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
rams are gonna open 1-6 or 2-5. we gotta take advantage of that early on

yup i dont see them winning more than 3 games out of first 7 or 8 games

really there only easy one is against the redskins i dont think they beat eagles packers or baltimore and there only other winnable games to me are dallas , saints, and giants and out of those 3 no ay they beat all three

i see them winning against redskins and dallas they may pull an upset out of giants or saints so 3 wins at best

key here is to start of withr 5 wins out of first 8
AZ will have a rough season. Kolb is going to find out that the Cardinals are not his father's Eagles. He is going to look very ordinary at best
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Yeah. No question we're the best overall team in the division.
Share 49ersWebzone