There are 239 users in the forums

On the NFL Network Warren Sapp just said the 49ers have the #1 pick in 2012.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
They very well could. I predicted as much with a 0 - 16 record.

...for the past 7 or 8 years now, you've predicted 0-16.

This is the first year I called 0 - 16. There were some other years in the past where I predicted 1 - 15.

And you were wrong and will be wrong again . I just think you are p.o. that the niners never do what you want. Not saying they are going to the SB, but they will do better than everyone expects.
Fat piece of s**t ruined Rice's career.
Considering how things have gone for SF lately, even if the niners have a crap season they will probably end up drafting #2 and still miss out on drafting Andrew Luck.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Well he is there for entertainment value and not really because of his X's and O's knowledge. I really don't take predictions too seriously. You hope for the best and just roll with the punches. Go Niners!!

This is not true. These guys have plenty of X's and O's knowledge. What they do with that knowledge is exentuate it to get a reaction for the entertainment purpose. He's not all incorrect about our season but he says Andrew Luck for reactionary/ratings purpose. I'm sure if he were asked to be super serious by the producer, then he would predict something better but something that still doesn't please Niners fans.

Jamie Dukes has actually given accurate predictions about the Niners for years now and he's viewed as an idiot prior to every Game 1. Even the year we were supposed to win the division, he was still questioning us. His main question last year was the passing game and that's exactly what it turned out to be.

These guys all talk to good sources and probably current players on the teams and I'm sure a lot have said the same thing about how they game plan us which is Stop the Gore, Stop the Niners. The reason why we "suck" at pass protection is because teams blitz more than we can block and Alex Smith or whatever inexperienced QB is back there has NEVER EVER proved they can beat the blitz. Harbaugh even mentioned this. The QB must prove he can beat the blitz or they will keep blitzing.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The Bengals will be in an 0-6 hole just by virtue of being the cellar dweller of the afc north no way in hell do we end up worse then them. But I'm really hoping my gut feeling about Seattle picking first over all isn't true, imagine the irony if Carroll could select Luck #1 overall??? I think it'll actually go down to week 16 who picks #1 overall next year. Seattle as a front runner followed by Cinncy, Jacksonville, Carolina, Minnesota and Washington. I personally hope Carolina ends up picking #1 and starts a bidding war for Luck, it would be hilarious to watch everybody scramble for him.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM ]
Only way that happens if if Alex completely bombs or gets injured (which sadly is not inconceivable). Laugh at me, but something tells me that Scott Tolzien will be our starting QB by game 8 because I think he's got the most talent of any QB on our squad. If this happens then yes the number one draft pick in 2012 would be within sight.
ehhh. I can see it, i dont wanna blame the lockout but the lockout screwed teams like ourselves with new 1st time coaches.

I dont see us having the worst record, Cincinnati, Carolina, Buffalo, Seattle are all worse than us IMO.

None of them have a secure QB, like us we dont.

I just hope we as fans dont at every play Boo Alex, or whoever is QB, or if the WR drops a ball.

Or god knows, The Ship Is Sunk after 1 loss. You know it will happen.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Oh snap! We have to include the colts in the mix now! Maybe they've had it planned all along to bomb this season without Peyton and draft his successor in Luck! Just kidding, thats way to intense of a conspiracy theory for me. But it was just announced that Manning is out 2-3 months following a surgery today, which actually means he is not going to play at all this year of the colts aren't in playoff contention when he is healthy enough to play. Assuming he is healthy at week 9 the colts will have to be at least in the hunt for the wildcard for the Polians to be crazy enough to play him.
Just shows these guys don't pay attention to any particular team. They focus on the big picture and say whatever Patriots/Colts/Eagles/Packers/Saints fans want to hear.
Such a good omen, that and the back room scene from NFLN. These actually get me pumped up, we are going to rock the NFL this year.

Originally posted by sfout:
Oh snap! We have to include the colts in the mix now! Maybe they've had it planned all along to bomb this season without Peyton and draft his successor in Luck! Just kidding, thats way to intense of a conspiracy theory for me. But it was just announced that Manning is out 2-3 months following a surgery today, which actually means he is not going to play at all this year of the colts aren't in playoff contention when he is healthy enough to play. Assuming he is healthy at week 9 the colts will have to be at least in the hunt for the wildcard for the Polians to be crazy enough to play him.

lol, and they look like idiots.

Manning, neck injury = 90M contract

Surgery = May not return in 2011.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by sfout:

lol, and they look like idiots.

Manning, neck injury = 90M contract

Surgery = May not return in 2011.
As a fan of Mannings since his college days, I hope he retires before he ends up looking pedestrian.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zainladha:
i still want luck as qb

dont u worry, we have a good chance
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
They very well could. I predicted as much with a 0 - 16 record.

...for the past 7 or 8 years now, you've predicted 0-16.
Yes, but he usually gets just as close as the people who predict 11-5.
Redskins get the #1 pick and Luck next year.....
Share 49ersWebzone