There are 146 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Scott Tolzien Time Traveling Delorean of TRIUMPH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Nuns:
If Tolzien hits the waiver wire, he is the starting QB in Arizona by week 5.

Not if Pete Carroll gets him first
pretty funny the way a third / fourth string quarterback is striking fear in the heart of niner fans should he go to another team
Originally posted by cciowa:
pretty funny the way a third / fourth string quarterback is striking fear in the heart of niner fans should he go to another team

lol mine was more a dig at how PC will sign any former 49er/do absurd things with his QBs
Originally posted by Nuns:
If Tolzien hits the waiver wire, he is the starting QB in Arizona by week 5.

Not if Pete Carroll gets him first

It's a 49er tradition to see your 3rd string QB outplay your starters, shows you nothing has really changed; it's 2012, and Alex Smith is still our starting QB, so we'll be seeing a ton of this until we finally get a concrete 'franchise' QB again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

lol mine was more a dig at how PC will sign any former 49er/do absurd things with his QBs
yes all those x niners he signed from balmer to owens has worked out nice for him. . the webzone has a long history of people who scream when we let go a fan favorite cuz they think they will give all of our secrets away and they will go onto great things. the list includes mike rumph, jamie winborn, jason hill, arnez battle, nate davis, korey sheets,tim rattay, fred beasley, otis arney, cody pickett
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's a 49er tradition to see your 3rd string QB outplay your starters, shows you nothing has really changed; it's 2012, and Alex Smith is still our starting QB, so we'll be seeing a ton of this until we finally get a concrete 'franchise' QB again.
14-3 was not good enough for you? tough crowd. what exactly has scott done to make you think he has "outplayed " alex

Yes because 5-13 for 39 yards in his past 2 games, against practice squad players, are definitely the stats of someone outplaying the starters...... (15-25, 123 yds, 0td 1 int for full preseason)

Btw Alex is 13-19 for 139 yards, 2 Touchdowns and 0 interceptions, 68.4 completion percentage this preseason... against starters

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngb:

Yes because 5-13 for 39 yards in his past 2 games, against practice squad players, are definitely the stats of someone outplaying the starters...... (15-25, 123 yds, 0td 1 int for full preseason)

Btw Alex is 13-19 for 139 yards, 2 Touchdowns and 0 interceptions, 68.4 completion percentage this preseason... against starters

i respect all posters but to say alex has been out played by scotty in pre season is a little to much
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Too bad for Tolzien. Picked the worst time to have two bad performances in a row. Hope he clears waivers and ends up with our PS.
i respect all posters but to say alex has been out played by scotty in pre season is a little to much

But Tolzeines completd more passses than Alex tonight!!!!!!

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Too bad for Tolzien. Picked the worst time to have two bad performances in a row. Hope he clears waivers and ends up with our PS.

This was all part of Harbs plan to keep 4 NFL QBs
The only way Tolzien sticks is if the coaches are seeing enough in practice to keep him over Johnson based on potential. He has not played himself onto the roster in the preseason games.

I think he's gone now.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This was all part of Harbs plan to keep 4 NFL QBs

The man is diabolical.
I'm disappointed that Tolzien's receivers dropped a lot of balls...They didn't help him at all. Josh Joshson appears to be #3 now even though I like Tolzien better.
I think this sums up this thread perfectly

[ Edited by Youngb on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone