LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Scott Tolzien Time Traveling Delorean of TRIUMPH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if they put him on the PS, he's gone; might as well waive him. If they're going to PS him, they should instruct him to stink out the joint for the remaining preseason games so that no one will want him. Otherwise, sayonara baby. Keep Tolzien, waive Johnson, and, if Kaep doesn't develop as hoped, move ST up the depth chart to #2, which is actually where he belongs right now. At this stage in their development, Tolzien is ahead of the Kap. Unfortunately, draft positions and contracts dictate otherwise.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
if they put him on the PS, he's gone; might as well waive him. If they're going to PS him, they should instruct him to stink out the joint for the remaining preseason games so that no one will want him. Otherwise, sayonara baby. Keep Tolzien, waive Johnson, and, if Kaep doesn't develop as hoped, move ST up the depth chart to #2, which is actually where he belongs right now. At this stage in their development, Tolzien is ahead of the Kap. Unfortunately, draft positions and contracts dictate otherwise.

Wow, you should call Jim Harbaugh ASAP and inform him about how stupid he is for having Kaepernick as the number 2 guy. How could he not have Tolzien as the number 2 with him lighting it up with 3 points in the past two games he was in.

I really hate the fact that Jim Harbaugh doesn't run a team that is fair to all players and gives people that were drafted higher, and those who have higher contracts, more playing time. I say fire him and get a coach that knows what he's doing.
[ Edited by Youngb on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
What teams do you think would sign Tolzien if we waived him?
Originally posted by kush:

chargers and seahawks.

I think many teams would. He has proven to have a solid upside and I personally hope we keep him as the 3rd QB.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

green bay, miami, jacksonville, st Louis,
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
chargers and seahawks.

Chargers worry me. Cardinals too, a bit. I think Seattle is set, josh portis is their Tolzien.
Originally posted by Youngb:
I think many teams would. He has proven to have a solid upside and I personally hope we keep him as the 3rd QB.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if he got picked up, I just wonder who exactly would do it.

The Raiders
Originally posted by THEB:
green bay, miami, jacksonville, st Louis,

GB- not sure abt that one, but possible
Mia- not likely, they have 3 guys who can start
Jax- they already have gabbert and henne, don't see Them pulling the trigger
Stl- I could see it

• THEB
  • Veteran
GB- they are scrambling to find a backup that is worth any playing time at all
Mia- They have 3 starters that are all worse than Tolzien.
Jax- Youre kidding if you think Gabbert or Henne are better than Tolzien
Stl- Me too.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

You actually have to waive him BEFORE he can be placed on the PS. That's why PS announcements are always 24 hours after final cuts. The players have to pass through the waiver process unclaimed before they can be signed to a PS, and then they can sign onto ANY team's PS. It is a risk to take any player that any other team could want and try to put them on the PS.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Hopefully we can turn Tolzien into a Kevin Kolb like player and trade him for a 1st round pick + more
I'd worry about STL, AR, MIN, GB, JAX, IND (if they keep 3), CLE, and OAK, just off the top of my head. There are A LOT of teams that would be improved w/Tolzien as their #3, and a good handful that could let him compete for #2.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Hopefully we can turn Tolzien into a Kevin Kolb like player and trade him for a 1st round pick + more

Or have him play like a 1st round talent and win a super bowl if we are going to get craaaaazzzyyy!
Share 49ersWebzone