There are 197 users in the forums

Scott Tolzien is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
preseason stud, I wouldn't get to worked up over this guy right now

Well, he is more NFL ready than Kaep, since he played under center at Wisconsin and was extremely accurate in college (75% completion)... not to mention he won the Unitas Award last year. He also through a touchdown in the pre-season, something Kaep didn't do with all his game time.

Not saying this guy will be great, but he did look good, so he is another talent to develop.

we may hold unto him until everything slows down then release him and grab him for the PS, really wouldn't surprise me at this point....and a rookie QB really isn't NFL ready...and why did SD let him go if he was so good?

Originally posted by susweel:
Kaperpick already being replaced. Lol
yeah right lol
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Actually, with CK's poor pre-season, I wonder if they would risk putting him on the PS if a true veteran QB comes available. Then the roster would be AS, Veteran, Tolzein, and CK on PS??

wow.. are you f**king kidding me? did you seriously hit enter on that post?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Clearly it will be VERY hard for him to contribute this season. But he looked like the real deal in that San Diego game -- yes, it was against 3rd stringers -- but he had pocket presense, moved from pressure, made quick reads, good foot work, accurate strong arm. I'll bet JH and Baalke thought, WOW, now that looks like the real deal. Give him next off season in the system and he could compete for starting spot. (I know, I'm way ahead of myself! LOL)

And that's all I was asking to see in a certain QB not mentioning any names.

But that's a good example of what I mean by good mechanics equal good QB play.
I know all the pre-season games are on NFL.com (that's how I watched the niners games). Could someone who knows how put together a cut-up of Tolzien's pre-season?

Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Kristick getting the ax?

Is this official? I would guess one of the DL.

no, i'm just wondering. i'm assuming it would be a PS eligible guy, and I think Kristick is eligible.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
preseason stud, I wouldn't get to worked up over this guy right now

Well, he is more NFL ready than Kaep, since he played under center at Wisconsin and was extremely accurate in college (75% completion)... not to mention he won the Unitas Award last year. He also through a touchdown in the pre-season, something Kaep didn't do with all his game time.

Not saying this guy will be great, but he did look good, so he is another talent to develop.

we may hold unto him until everything slows down then release him and grab him for the PS, really wouldn't surprise me at this point....and a rookie QB really isn't NFL ready...and why did SD let him go if he was so good?

Did I say he was NFL ready? I said he was more NFL ready than Colin.

I don't know SD's roster very well, so I couldn't answer that question for you. However, I do know they have a guy named Philip Rivers is okay at the QB position, so they may want to use players that contribute to other positions to fill up their 53 man roster... especially since they have Super Bowl aspirations this year and a rookie QB wouldn't be all that helpful. I also know they wanted to add him to their PS.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Clearly it will be VERY hard for him to contribute this season. But he looked like the real deal in that San Diego game -- yes, it was against 3rd stringers -- but he had pocket presense, moved from pressure, made quick reads, good foot work, accurate strong arm. I'll bet JH and Baalke thought, WOW, now that looks like the real deal. Give him next off season in the system and he could compete for starting spot. (I know, I'm way ahead of myself! LOL)

Rivers didn't even play one snap, this kid DID play against our starters too, and did a damn good job despite getting sacked and blitzed. He only threw one pick. Compare that to how our qb's played against teams that blitzed them(saints/texans), they made horrible decisions to get rid of the ball quickly. Of course SD's line is better than ours, but still, when they did break down he had confidence rare to see in a rookie.

Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Actually, with CK's poor pre-season, I wonder if they would risk putting him on the PS if a true veteran QB comes available. Then the roster would be AS, Veteran, Tolzein, and CK on PS??

wow.. are you f**king kidding me? did you seriously hit enter on that post?

Agreed with you a 100%!!

Don't really need him if you have Phillip Rivers and Billy Volek as ur QB's. And it leaves a roster spot open for a position they need.
  • Jiks
Does this mean the end for Kaep.? Tolzien looks to be the better QB of the two thus far... Plus he comes from a pro-style offense if I'm not mistaken. Kaep is a 2 year project, as Tolzien may be a 1 year, since he has knowldege of the offense.
This thread has gone full blown Kory Sheets.
THis seems like a great move. HE certainly had a nice audition for our coaching staff the other night. The guy was money with so many throws. To be honest he might be a better #2 right now than Kaep. I can't believe the Chargers didn't keep this kid.
Share 49ersWebzone