There are 231 users in the forums

Scott Tolzien is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
-This dude should be our definite #2 encase of emergency.

It looks like that's the case. I wonder what Kaepernick is think!?!

Kaep is a pure project, just isn't ready to play in an NFL game yet (the speed of the game is making him s**t his pants), Tolzien appears to be a more capable backup amongst the 2 rookies to take over if needed at any point (also knows more about the verbiage/scheme than Kaep).
Damn, watching more of the Chargers game, this kid can pump-fake, too!
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Young was garbage in the USFL. That specific enough for you?

Just for the record, here are Steve Young's complete stats, going back to his Brigham Young years:

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/PlayerQB.asp?id=4312

Wouldn't go so far as to describe him as garbage, but he certainly wasn't the player he would later become.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Kaep is a pure project, just isn't ready to play in an NFL game yet (the speed of the game is making him s**t his pants), Tolzien appears to be a more capable backup amongst the 2 rookies to take over if needed at any point (also knows more about the verbiage/scheme than Kaep).

I think that's a tad extreme. He may not get how fast defenders are in the NFL but he's definitely not afraid out there. Tolzien is more ready because he played a variation of WCO in school so he has a step up on that.
I am a Bay Area Badger...and I have to say that Wisconsin always has great Lines and great RB, but QBs---ummm nooo!

Awesome signing I'd definitely put him before Kaepernick.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
This game replay is starting on NFLN right now.
Do you guys think that harbaugh believes after watching kaepernick doesn't have the "it" factor?? And that's why harbaugh wants tolzien to develop?

I know some of you guys on here will say, oh he's a rookie ,he's learning the system, blah blah blah. I'm not judging him because ofhis 0 tds and 5 kaeperpics lol, merely based on that I don't see him as an elite quarterback in this league..he could be a quarterback that turns into a starter but not a top ten quarterback that a franchise need to become a consistent winner or a dynasty.

I used to play quarterback so I know what makes a good qb. Proper fundamentals is number one. Kap's throwing motion is like a pitchers. He has a quick release but when your throwing those slants and quick outs are going get picked off in the NFL with the long wind up. Common sense. The shorter the throwing wind up the faster the ball gets out.

I don't like his footwork either. That can be fixed though.

Being in that pistol offense usually doesn't translate well into being in a wco.

I'm not saying these things can't be fixed but he's more suited for an offense like the colts.

I mean look at Alex. He was a spread offense Guy and nowin tried to force him into a under center qb.

I know harbaugh can train him to being a starter but just most guys aren't good transistioning from a spread offense to a wco.

Name some great spread offense qbs in college that have made the transition to become great wco or pro style offense qbs?
Originally posted by Muggins879:

watching it right now. they just showed bowman's sack/ fumble recovery.

Originally posted by ninerfan97:

That's the trifecta
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by Muggins879:

+1

Get Volek out of the game, dude is barf.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by QBguru:
I used to play quarterback so I know what makes a good qb.
Cool story Bro!!
I'm watching this game again on NFLN.

I made a Marc Bulger comparison with Tolzien earlier in this thread and I'm making it again.

Tolzien is physically slight just like Bulger is, and you wonder how is he an NFL caliber QB, but he (Bulger) become a very good one in his prime.
Originally posted by 4T9errr:
Originally posted by QBguru:
I used to play quarterback so I know what makes a good qb.
Cool story Bro!!

Thanks for following along young man..would you like your snack now before naptime?
Share 49ersWebzone