i knew we wouldnt be showing too much of our passing plays especially int he red zone
what i really want to see is a screen pass to hunter
There are 569 users in the forums
What we didn't see during the 49ers preseason
Sep 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
Sep 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM
- GorefullBore
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,451
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
- 80 to 90% of the offensive playbook
- Passing (we saw minimal) in the redzone
- full defense, with all starters, playing ie Goldson, Reggie Smith, Spencer
- full offense, with all starters, mainly Crabtree
- Some basic elements of WCO:
I know I'm missing a ton of things. It's going to be great
- slant patterns (except a couple Smith to Edwards)
- post patterns - esp. by Vernon Davis
- screen passes
- sweeps
- swing passes to the RB out of the backfield
- formation shifts
- motion
Yeah, I'm not quite ready panic about the O, due to the reasons you outlined.
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,859
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
- 80 to 90% of the offensive playbook
- Passing (we saw minimal) in the redzone
- full defense, with all starters, playing ie Goldson, Reggie Smith, Spencer
- full offense, with all starters, mainly Crabtree
- Some basic elements of WCO:
I know I'm missing a ton of things. It's going to be great
- slant patterns (except a couple Smith to Edwards)
- post patterns - esp. by Vernon Davis
- screen passes
- sweeps
- swing passes to the RB out of the backfield
- formation shifts
- motion
Yeah, I'm not quite ready panic about the O, due to the reasons you outlined.
agree
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:10 PM
- 80849er4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,846
We didnt see any of our QB's throw a TD......oh wait we did Kaep thru one.....except it was to the other team.....hahaha nah I get what this thread is about and I cant wait for an offensive blowout against the Seachickens come September 11......
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Sep 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM ]
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM
- remdob1
- Veteran
- Posts: 269
I can't remember if we were ran any plays from shotgun. Anybody remember seeing the shotgun formation used?
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM
- Jiks
- Member
- Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by remdob1:
I can't remember if we were ran any plays from shotgun. Anybody remember seeing the shotgun formation used?
Yes we ran the shot-gun quite a bit on third down occasions. We also seemed to run it more with Kaep.
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM
- remdob1
- Veteran
- Posts: 269
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Yes we ran the shot-gun quite a bit on third down occasions. We also seemed to run it more with Kaep.
Thanks - memory isn't what is used to be.
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM
- smashmouth51
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,254
very few blitzes or D-line games.
Sep 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM
- gold49er2183
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,437
Morgan ran alot of slants.
Sep 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
the only thing im happy we didnt see was any major injuries in preseason. let the games begin!!!
Sep 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
- 49erfaninPA
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,731
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126
what i really want to see is a screen pass to hunter
this
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM
- Nuns
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,301
Crabtree. I forgot about his potential until I rewatched the 2010 highlights. He looks really good.
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM
- DaveWilcox
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,717
I think Harbaugh was totalling sandbaggin the whole preseason. The 49ers ran basic vanilla HS schemes. There is absolutely no meaningful game film for opposing teams to gameplan with.
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM
- brizznasty
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,510
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126
what i really want to see is a screen pass to hunter
this
oh man im already getting excited!!