There are 174 users in the forums

Scout.com has 49ers last in NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like low expectations. Anything but last is a pleasant surprise. We will be fine.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
As the season progressed for Bradford, his play was awful, and that's an understatement. So far, this preseason, he still hasn't shown he's busted out of his strength which is only throwing under 6 yards. Now throw in the fact that he has a new OC in his 2nd year in the NFL.

Kolb plays like an NFL QB in terms of where he can find receivers on the field more than anyone in this division. He has still shown a higher ceiling than any QB in this division.

Alex Smith has shown a low ceiling but he has also shown he can be steady at best.

SEA QB will be throwing INT's, especially without Carlson. I won't be surprised if he is benched.

Bradford may have had bad games as a rookie, yes. But he managed to scorch the 49ers in Week 16 for 300 yards and a 107 rating. The Rams were not a good team last year but improved dramatically from a 1-15 record the year before. If Alex Smith puts up Bradford's rookie year numbers in this, his 7th season, fans around here would be ecstatic. And there is nothing about the Rams adding Josh McDaniels as their OC that leads me to believe Bradford won't improve upon those numbers, especially with the addition of Mike Sims-Walker (not a No. 1 but a huge upgrade to their receiver corp.). McDaniels may have been a disaster of a head coach but he turned Kyle Orton into a prolific passer and Brandon Lloyd into an all-pro (after helming Brady to a 50 TD season and developing Matt Cassell). I wouldn't bet against McDaniels having similar success with Bradford.
our oline is a problem if we coan do something to fix it then sky's the limit for us. atleast were not false starting.
Originally posted by zainladha:
our oline is a problem if we coan do something to fix it then sky's the limit for us. atleast were not false starting.
I think we have a bigger problem than our OL. Our starting WR's and QB have barely gotten any gametime reps together. When the OL will block, that chemistry is not going to look good.

We still don't know if Alex, who has not succeeded in throwing shorter routes, can do this with defenders in his face.

It is obvious that the OL must first block. We don't even know if the skilled guys can excute once the blocking is good and I'm not talking about a game like the Raiders game where our run-game is carrying the load, dominating and completely opening up the defense. THAT, we have seen before. There has been ZERO inkling or sample to show that the passing game can carry the team if needed. This has been our biggest weakness in 7 years.
Please someone tell me how anyone things the cardinals or seahawks are going to be decent teams. Seahawks have no qb and there recent high round draft picks do not look to be consistent contributors any time soon. The cardinals downgraded their secondary even with the Peterson addition and they still have nothing more than an unproven QB throwing bombs to Fitz. Meanwhile the 49ers appear to have improved at least marginally on all fronts after making a playoff run last year with close to no coaching.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Aug 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM ]
"You are never as bad as you look when you lose big and you are never as good as you look when you win big" That being said, I think we will win our 1st game and then struggle on the road. I don't think we will finish last because we have too much talent and JH will find a way to get the most out of this team.
this isnt surprising this team hasnt come together so far & i dont see it happn this year at all

Who cares what others think. They all been pegging us at the top the last several years, a lot of good that did us, not to mention how wrong they were. I will wait and see how things pan out. The offense may take a while to gel and who knows how injuries affect other teams as well as the niners as the season progresses.
I'd venture a guess most of the forecasts are based on preseason games, given there was no off-season OTA's, mini-camps, etc. Harbaugh's primary goal has been to see what he's got in terms of players...all learning another new offense and defense. No game-planning whatsoever, while opponents like the Saints and Texans clearly did. I go back to what Joe Montana said, about having patience while the players learn Harbaugh's WCO and Fangio's defense. So, it's understandable some reporters would say the Niners won't do much this year. That's possible, but my gut says once the light goes on WRT the offense, things will change for the better. So, we'll see about who rules the West. Have to favor the Rams...they've got their franchise qB and are a team on the rise. Even though 'Zona has Kolb now, how will their OL protect him? It's up to Beanie Wells now, as Hightower's running for Shanahan. Not impressed w/Seattle, particularly given their QB situation. I know there are doubters about our QB's, too, and that's fair, but I think they'll come around. Our X factor is Harbaugh...I like his chances.
Can we get off this Montana thing? Marshal Faulk said similar things about Martz and how explosive we will be but it will be very difficult to learn the offense.

So far, we have seen suck.

lol

we usually are picked to win the division and we dont this time we arnt chosen so logic will think that we will win the division
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol

we usually are picked to win the division and we dont this time we arnt chosen so logic will think that we will win the division

makes perfect sense don't it? SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are winning the West people.....COME ON!!!!!
I have our 9ers in 2nd place. My philosophy and for many others is that this league is a QB driven league. My reasons for a 2nd place prediction: 1. The Lambs are on their way to dominating the NFC West due to Sam Bradford; 2. The Seachickens have no QB and no answer in sight. Now that Hasselbeck is gone, we can regain our dominance over Seattle; 3. Although the Cards have their new QB, we are always going to have their number if they couldn't turn the tables specifically against us with that guy named Kurt Warner. Keep in mind that 2nd place isn't necessarily a good thing.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by zainladha:
I think we have a bigger problem than our OL. Our starting WR's and QB have barely gotten any gametime reps together. When the OL will block, that chemistry is not going to look good.

We still don't know if Alex, who has not succeeded in throwing shorter routes, can do this with defenders in his face.

It is obvious that the OL must first block. We don't even know if the skilled guys can excute once the blocking is good and I'm not talking about a game like the Raiders game where our run-game is carrying the load, dominating and completely opening up the defense. THAT, we have seen before. There has been ZERO inkling or sample to show that the passing game can carry the team if needed. This has been our biggest weakness in 7 years.

We can beat the blitz and we can hit short throws with defenders in the QBs face. We just need better play design which I think we'll get this year.

Westbrook 62 yard TD - perfect example
Share 49ersWebzone