There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A big Implosion?

Originally posted by Joecool:
When Nowin took starter reps away, it was the first time.
When Sinletary took starter reps away, it was mentioned but the players had already played together before but it did not go unoticed.
Now Harbaugh is doing the exact same thing and ...we are closing our eyes.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times,...um...don't care if you are deemed as a QB whisperer, didn't work in the past and won't work now.

So you do realize that in order to stand above the fool me once, twice, nth times you have to move your fandom to another team? Otherwise even in dessent you are supporting the 49ers and all the decisions they make.

Looking at your bloviated post count, I thinks we can just go ahead and chalk you up in the fool me three times catagory.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Joecool:
When Nowin took starter reps away, it was the first time.
When Sinletary took starter reps away, it was mentioned but the players had already played together before but it did not go unoticed.
Now Harbaugh is doing the exact same thing and ...we are closing our eyes.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times,...um...don't care if you are deemed as a QB whisperer, didn't work in the past and won't work now.

So you do realize that in order to stand above the fool me once, twice, nth times you have to move your fandom to another team? Otherwise even in dessent you are supporting the 49ers and all the decisions they make.

Looking at your bloviated post count, I thinks we can just go ahead and chalk you up in the fool me three times catagory.

What the hell does what you said have anything to do with Harbaugh's handling of the QB position in comparison to Dinglebary and Nowin have anything to do with me being a fan, especially my post count?
This thread is hysterical . . .

   /hɪˈstɛrɪkəl/ Show Spelled[hi-ster-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characterized by hysteria.
2. uncontrollably emotional.
3. irrational from fear, emotion, or an emotional shock.
4. causing hysteria.
5. suffering from or subject to hysteria.
Harbaugh threw passes to Crabtree in warm ups?!?!?! He should have let Smith throw to him, now we'll NEVER be ready for the season!!!!
Originally posted by okdkid:
Who cares.


Agreed wholeheartedly. Reading this thread is like getting a glimpse into the 'b***hy little girls' club. Most times that's all NT amounts to.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Who cares.


Agreed wholeheartedly. Reading this thread is like getting a glimpse into the 'b***hy little girls' club. Most times that's all NT amounts to.

The entire premise of Alex Smith succeeding by supporters is that he wasn't put in a position to succeed. And that is happening again. Don't you think that in order for Alex, our starting QB, to have a better chance to succeed in this offense is to get as many starter reps as possible? Why is Harbaugh's decision not to do this any different than previous coaches? Why is it better when Harbaugh isn't putting him in the best position to succeed?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,388
Originally posted by Joecool:
The entire premise of Alex Smith succeeding by supporters is that he wasn't put in a position to succeed. And that is happening again. Don't you think that in order for Alex, our starting QB, to have a better chance to succeed in this offense is to get as many starter reps as possible? Why is Harbaugh's decision not to do this any different than previous coaches? Why is it better when Harbaugh isn't putting him in the best position to succeed?

Because Harbaugh....is Harbaugh. Don't question the man alright. Now look into his eyes and tell him you are sorry. And don't be rude, he's got his kid with him.

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The entire premise of Alex Smith succeeding by supporters is that he wasn't put in a position to succeed. And that is happening again. Don't you think that in order for Alex, our starting QB, to have a better chance to succeed in this offense is to get as many starter reps as possible? Why is Harbaugh's decision not to do this any different than previous coaches? Why is it better when Harbaugh isn't putting him in the best position to succeed?

Because Harbaugh....is Harbaugh. Don't question the man alright. Now look into his eyes and tell him you are sorry. And don't be rude, he's got his kid with him.


The eyes strategy is another fail by Sing. Hope Harbaugh doesn't try to imulate that also. However, the kid could be a prospect.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,355
Originally posted by Joecool:
The entire premise of Alex Smith succeeding by supporters is that he wasn't put in a position to succeed. And that is happening again. Don't you think that in order for Alex, our starting QB, to have a better chance to succeed in this offense is to get as many starter reps as possible? Why is Harbaugh's decision not to do this any different than previous coaches? Why is it better when Harbaugh isn't putting him in the best position to succeed?

You honestly believe that leaving Alex behind that offensive line given how poorly they were playing would be putting him in the best position to succeed? What's success when you win a meaningless preseason game and your QB has a broken back?
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The entire premise of Alex Smith succeeding by supporters is that he wasn't put in a position to succeed. And that is happening again. Don't you think that in order for Alex, our starting QB, to have a better chance to succeed in this offense is to get as many starter reps as possible? Why is Harbaugh's decision not to do this any different than previous coaches? Why is it better when Harbaugh isn't putting him in the best position to succeed?

You honestly believe that leaving Alex behind that offensive line given how poorly they were playing would be putting him in the best position to succeed? What's success when you win a meaningless preseason game and your QB has a broken back?
The protection was better when Colin was in. The protection started out bad but got better enough to get throws out.

Let us wait until regular season to put him under distress. THAT will really help.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,355
Its funny because had this been the regular season, and the QB was getting pounded like that in a game in which his team is losing, people would be crying for the starter to be removed and preserved for the following week. So because the games don't count we should leave our #1 QB on the field when it's clear the O-Line is playing terribly? Only in NT do people think backwards....
Originally posted by SaksV:
Its funny because had this been the regular season, and the QB was getting pounded like that in a game in which his team is losing, people would be crying for the starter to be removed and preserved for the following week. So because the games don't count we should leave our #1 QB on the field when it's clear the O-Line is playing terribly? Only in NT do people think backwards....

Why would they "save" the starting QB for the next game? It's regular season, if you're healthy, you play.

We are talking about a new offense that Alex needs to learn how to apply. He wasn't getting sacked every play. The OL started out bad and had certain spots after that. It wasn't on every pass play that HOU applied pressure. Smith's 3rd sack was on him when he hitched forward twice and was late finding a guy. These are things that need to be worked on and run that play again later to see if Smith hits the guy sooner.

I guess we will just wait until regular season and he will make another error like that because he wasn't sure of his read. Too bad he didn't practice it in a preseason game.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,355
Originally posted by Joecool:
The protection was better when Colin was in. The protection started out bad but got better enough to get throws out.

Let us wait until regular season to put him under distress. THAT will really help.

Lol how is it "distress" when, according to your analysis, the O-line makes improvements as the game goes on?
Either the O-line is playing poorly or it's not....Joe Staley himself said they played terribly. I tend to believe him. Are you suggesting Harbaugh should have waited it out some more to see if perhaps the O-Line would block better before switching QBs? From my perspective, there was no evidence to hint that the starting O-Line were going to start blocking better as the game progressed...certainly not enough to warrant keeping in my #1 QB in a pointless game.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Hahaha that hand got lady fingers. Delicious...tender... lady fingers...

Put your snake back in your pants
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,355
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why would they "save" the starting QB for the next game? It's regular season, if you're healthy, you play.

We are talking about a new offense that Alex needs to learn how to apply. He wasn't getting sacked every play. The OL started out bad and had certain spots after that. It wasn't on every pass play that HOU applied pressure. Smith's 3rd sack was on him when he hitched forward twice and was late finding a guy. These are things that need to be worked on and run that play again later to see if Smith hits the guy sooner.

I guess we will just wait until regular season and he will make another error like that because he wasn't sure of his read. Too bad he didn't practice it in a preseason game.

Why would they "save" the starting QB for the next game?

Okay...let's say the Niners are trailing 40-0 in the 3rd Quarter and Alex has gotten creamed all game long. Do you keep him in because "if you're healthy, you play"? Or do you consider the fact that you won't be victorious this week and put in some backups to get PT while ensuring your starters don't get hurt in a game you're sure to lose? This is what I mean. And it doesn't just apply to QBs either. I'd be pissed as hell if Patrick Willis broke his ankle playing in a blowout loss.