LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

A big Implosion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cam Inman is bragging about pointing it out. There goes any media coverage we do get.
Practices will now be CLOSED!!!!!
^^hes an idiot he isnt even that great of a reporter he is a notch or 2 better then LOL cohn and 20 notches beow the matts and grant cohn
It's not a big deal at all, Peyton participated in an entire walk through once. Nothing happened at all.
sounded to me like Crabs did some warming up and then volunteered to catch some passes and stuff which may have been seen as a violation so Baalke made a report to make sure all was on the up and up.

Nothing to see here, folks.
I BLAME ALEX!!!!!!!
I just think it is time for a media lockout with the 49ers. I understand they have the afinitity with old players and previous owners and they love to take jab at the Yorks when oppotunity arises, but really, these reporters are like snakes - you show your goodness, you welcome them in your house, you feed them, and in the end they still bite and kill you!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
In isolation, it's nothing. But when viewed in connection with the Mays debacle (email-gate and 7th rounder), it's starting to undermine my confidence in this FO.

The Crabtree thing is nothing. It was during warm-ups and so not against the rules. It is probably because Harbaugh is a former college coach; they are far stricter in the NFL.

However, the attacks on Baalke for letting Mays go for a seventh rounder seem a bit over the top. It is apparent that Mays had no future with the team. Harbaugh was not going to include him in the final 53. Therefore, if he wasn't traded he would be released outright. If he was released outright then the team would have gotten nothing in return. That is why they sent an email to all 31 teams about trading Mays. I don't know what happened with the Bears (though it might have been a question of trust - the Bears have been unworthy of it), but if Cincinnati offered a seventh rounder AND NOBODY ELSE OFFERED ANYTHING, then Baalke actually did good by getting something for Mays.

These two incidents DO NOT bode poorly for the front office.

Originally posted by firehouse538:
Cam Inman is bragging about pointing it out. There goes any media coverage we do get.

This. That already-limited 30 minutes of stretching coverage will ultimately be revoked indefinitely!
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
I just think it is time for a media lockout with the 49ers. I understand they have the affinity with old players and previous owners and they love to take jab at the Yorks when opportunity arises, but really, these reporters are like snakes - you show your goodness, you welcome them in your house, you feed them, and in the end they still bite and kill you!
Well said!

That's why Harbaugh - who is and extremely smart football coach and a disciple of Bill Walsh, who mastered the media - has refused to provide direct answers to many questions. He won't feed the media frenzy for a story.He won't broadcast the team's plans for a given game. He won't divulge his strategy. That is the sign of a brilliant tactician! I believe we are in for a surprising and entertaining year!
The Singletary era has never left.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Baalke remedied the situation when he became aware, and even alerted the NFL office himself.

This. I remember a similar thing happening when Crabtree was drafted but before the 2009 mini-camps / OTAs, and nothing came of that.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone