49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 404 users in the forums

A big Implosion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I know. But that's the exact same thing the failure coaches in the past did and it hurt the offense's chemistry. Harbaugh's actions during game 3 say it is a competition. Colin playing with starters taking away from Alex's time to gel with the offense is not needed.

Joecool you can't base Nolan & Sing's failures on their pre-season strategy, chemistry or not they just sucked as a staff, period.

I think JH knows this whole year will be competition, it's a transition year where he won't fully know who is who until the 2012 season. And if the season tanks, he'll have his chance at Luck. Win / Win for JH.

If that's his mentality, then he will not succeed as a NFL coach.

For sure it'll take more than 4 pre-season games to see who fits best in his system, and honestly, the lock-out has provided many excuses for poor teams, including JH and the 49ers... even all the blog writers have acknowledged the short off-season and no OTAs etc, hence why we're nearly dead last in the pre-season rankings across the board...there's really no pressure to win.
Harbaugh saw what he needed to in game 2 vs the Raiders. Say what you will, but the Raiders have a pretty good front 7... and they did put pressure on our QBs. The difference is that the pressure we faced was "the normal amount" that most OLs give away.

... and Harbaugh saw his QB use the pocket well and make accurate throws. So if there was any doubt, I think that game sealed it for Jim. Anyone with eyes and a clear mind knows that we can't judge Alex based off of the Saints or Texans games.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Harbaugh saw what he needed to in game 2 vs the Raiders. Say what you will, but the Raiders have a pretty good front 7... and they did put pressure on our QBs. The difference is that the pressure we faced was "the normal amount" that most OLs give away.

... and Harbaugh saw his QB use the pocket well and make accurate throws. So if there was any doubt, I think that game sealed it for Jim. Anyone with eyes and a clear mind knows that we can't judge Alex based off of the Saints or Texans games.

I have seen this story before. There's a "compeition" but JTO played so great in one game that we saw what we needed to see. There's sooo much similirity to how this QB situation is being handled compared to failure coaches. I'm not feeling great about how our offense will look vs SEA.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I have seen this story before. There's a "compeition" but JTO played so great in one game that we saw what we needed to see. There's sooo much similirity to how this QB situation is being handled compared to failure coaches. I'm not feeling great about how our offense will look vs SEA.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... we get that. Your complaint has been noted... over and over.

At what point does the redundant just become post-padding?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I have seen this story before. There's a "compeition" but JTO played so great in one game that we saw what we needed to see. There's sooo much similirity to how this QB situation is being handled compared to failure coaches. I'm not feeling great about how our offense will look vs SEA.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... we get that. Your complaint has been noted... over and over.

At what point does the redundant just become post-padding?

We could ask the same thing about you...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We could ask the same thing about you...

Oh dear, well now that was clever. So I am on here all day whining about Harbaugh's every decision?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I have seen this story before. There's a "compeition" but JTO played so great in one game that we saw what we needed to see. There's sooo much similirity to how this QB situation is being handled compared to failure coaches. I'm not feeling great about how our offense will look vs SEA.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... we get that. Your complaint has been noted... over and over.

At what point does the redundant just become post-padding?

There's never enough post padding.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We could ask the same thing about you...

Oh dear, well now that was clever. So I am on here all day whining about Harbaugh's every decision?
More like whining about people being critical of Smiths play
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We could ask the same thing about you...

Oh dear, well now that was clever. So I am on here all day whining about Harbaugh's every decision?
More like whining about people being critical of Smiths play

Which, in itself wouldn't be redundant if there weren't so many ridiculous and redundant criticisms. So which came first? The shot or the shot fired back?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We could ask the same thing about you...

Oh dear, well now that was clever. So I am on here all day whining about Harbaugh's every decision?
More like whining about people being critical of Smiths play

Which, in itself wouldn't be redundant if there weren't so many ridiculous and redundant criticisms. So which came first? The shot or the shot fired back?
Sure, if that's how you want to look at it.....
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We could ask the same thing about you...

Oh dear, well now that was clever. So I am on here all day whining about Harbaugh's every decision?

You are?


I though you were too busy looking for anyone to say something bad about Smith that you didn't even know Hargaugh was our HC...
Originally posted by Joecool:
OL looks worse. Players appear to have very little idea of what they are supposed to do. Players are displaying terrible fundamentals. QB's look worse.

There can be more added. Keep in mind, Harbaugh is unproven.

Oh yes our FIRST tema looked marvelous the last preseason.
We kenw that our backups and camp fodder is better then other peoples backups and camp fodder. To bad tat backups and camp fodder DO NOT play in the regular season.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
You are?


I though you were too busy looking for anyone to say something bad about Smith that you didn't even know Hargaugh was our HC...


lmao...I haven't even been here that long and noticed how butt-hurt oldman gets when anyone says anything about Alex Smith, that is the least bit negative...him and a few others, not going to mention any names...*cough * Lambda *cough*
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
You are?


I though you were too busy looking for anyone to say something bad about Smith that you didn't even know Hargaugh was our HC...


lmao...I haven't even been here that long and noticed how butt-hurt oldman gets when anyone says anything about Alex Smith, that is the least bit negative...him and a few others, not going to mention any names...*cough * Lambda *cough*

I gotta defend Lambda. He wants Alex to succeed but calls him out when he shows suck. He's a little more patient than most of us but realizes that Alex is more likely not to have "it" than to come out guns blazing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I gotta defend Lambda. He wants Alex to succeed but calls him out when he shows suck. He's a little more patient than most of us but realizes that Alex is more likely not to have "it" than to come out guns blazing.


fair enough.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone