LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

What was the worst moment in franchise history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What do you guys think?
The day Eddie handed Denise the franchise.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

/thread.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

/thread.

This

But on the field it was when Steve got knocked out.
The day Alex Smith was drafted

/thread.

and...

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
The day Alex Smith was drafted

For me it was when I was a small child and the niners let go of all their good players. T.O Jeff Garcia Julian Peterson..etc..idk if there were more. That was a long time ago and I was like 5
Tie.....Debartolo gives up the team.....and the firing of the Mooch....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Tie.....Debartolo gives up the team.....and the firing of the Mooch....

Not even clost to a tie. Mariucci was a decent coach that got the shaft, but that bonehead decision pales in comparison to Eddie BeBartalo having to step away
Didn't Eddie D have to step away? IIRC correctly...didn't he have some heat from gambling allegations or some s**t?

Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
For me it was when I was a small child and the niners let go of all their good players. T.O Jeff Garcia Julian Peterson..etc..idk if there were more. That was a long time ago and I was like 5

this is the most heartbreaking post in webzone history.

Not that I'm some old man, but at least I remember Young and Rice, etc, in their glory. I can't imagine being a fan and only being able to remember as far back as Garcia. You are a true fan and/or a disgusting masochist.

Senior Dyke

unscrabble the letters here and you'll get the answer
Didn't Eddie D have to step away? IIRC correctly...didn't he have some heat from gambling allegations or some s**t?

Yeah some folks I guess choose not to remember that it was his own fault that he got into hot water. I blame him for being involved with shady s**t, he is the single most responsible person that the team went to crap. I like the guy and really appreciate what he did for the team through the years, but he let us fans down by forcing himself out of the game.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Yeah some folks I guess choose not to remember that it was his own fault that he got into hot water. I blame him for being involved with shady s**t, he is the single most responsible person that the team went to crap. I like the guy and really appreciate what he did for the team through the years, but he let us fans down by forcing himself out of the game.

whatever the reason, its still one of the dark moments in this franchise's history. The distinction between him being forced to give up the team because of his own misdeeds and choosing to give it up is immaterial, IMO.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
whatever the reason, its still one of the dark moments in this franchise's history. The distinction between him being forced to give up the team because of his own misdeeds and choosing to give it up is immaterial, IMO.

No arguing about that Hess.
Share 49ersWebzone