LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
With 20 teams in the league wanting to improve their starting QB position, the chances of a QB trade are ZERO!!
This.

I may be in the minority, but under no circumstance should we trade frank this year. Maybe next year, but not at all this year, and really he should be a niner for life. He has been positive hardworking, and a leader on a losing team his whole career.
  • dj43
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
With 20 teams in the league wanting to improve their starting QB position, the chances of a QB trade are ZERO!!
This.

I may be in the minority, but under no circumstance should we trade frank this year. Maybe next year, but not at all this year, and really he should be a niner for life. He has been positive hardworking, and a leader on a losing team his whole career.

We SHOULD re-sign him but his agent may have convinced him he is worth more than the 49ers should pay him. After all, he has as lot of miles on him, so despite what he has done in the past, teams will evaluate him on what he can do for them in the future. The result is, he is worth more here than he will be anywhere else, but if he wants to break the salary cap structure, then he should walk next year. By that time, Hunter or Dixon or someone else may prove to be a very good RB and Gore will not be the vital cog he has been in the past.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by 49ers1680:
i hate to say it but its time to trade gore.
1.he wants to much money
2.we are going away from a run only defence we dont need a running back crying that he didnt get 50 carries a game.
3. he wont last the season and wont be worth anything next year.
4.he wants to much money

we need a josph addi type guy who runs the ball and blocks but keeps his mouth shut because we are going to pass more. kind of guy. gore is kinda pissing me off with his demands so if he wants to talk like he will leave. then ship him out bye bye gore. look at the good teams right now pats GB N.O. colts they dont give a crap who there runing back is why becase the pass game is so good the could make a lineman a runing back and he would get 10 yards a carry due to dime defences. you never hear those teams RB crying for money or more action.
I agree, that's why trading for johnson makes since. If colin is the guy, it would even make alex's life better, and he will be taged; is there a franchise tag still?
Trade, Gore, who will play for less for titans, why they rebuild, and our second two years in a row. We be in the playoffs if aldon. and justin smith kill, Jackson, and Kolb.

Front load the contract, Incetives for 2000+.Good chunk of money. Tell me we still have a first, and can get talent for the d. Dt or Cb. And we can drop him like he's hot before his wheels fall off. Alice(Alex)lol, is still cheap, and so is colin if we get to the playoffs the stadium will find the funding it so badly needs.

Your telling me the best running back ever, yes he could be just that is being underpaid. He's the deion of running backs. Pay the man! Just someone who has the ball in his hands that can do anything, What offense we just score 3 td's and iced a game alex threw plenty of times but the tale o the colts, Jim looked good with rookie faulk, The running game only needs 15 or 16 tries with johnson. Passing lol jims going to love playaction vd. Or who's on braylon lol I want the greatest talent on my team. O.J. But YOUNGER! Would walsh want turn down a steve young or a colin because they said he couldn't be good! lol colin pans out we draft blackmon would could have the greatest show EVER!

I'll just say this, johnson would be like stealing champ bailey. or drc for kolb or chad johnson and randy moss to the pats, if you want to win you have to be cut throat. O god now im scared the pats will trade for him, and team him with brady, superbowl

@ both of these posts.
We SHOULD re-sign him but his agent may have convinced him he is worth more than the 49ers should pay him. After all, he has as lot of miles on him, so despite what he has done in the past, teams will evaluate him on what he can do for them in the future. The result is, he is worth more here than he will be anywhere else, but if he wants to break the salary cap structure, then he should walk next year. By that time, Hunter or Dixon or someone else may prove to be a very good RB and Gore will not be the vital cog he has been in the past.

Yeah pretty much that is what I am saying.

If he plays out this year we get a chance to see what we really haev in hunter and Dixon, and then we can draft gore's replacement, or try to resign him at that point. If we trade him now, we have currently crap in dixon, and an intriguing prospect in Hunter, neither with enough experience, or no clue on how injury prone they could be.

That would leave us with ALEX Smith to carry the whole offensive burden...... I love gore though, and would hate to see him in another team's colors, imagine him breaking one of those 60 yard td runs in a cowboys or cardinals jersey.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
  • Jiks
Notes: RB Frank Gore, seeking a new long-term contract, heard that general manager Trent Baalke went on the radio and said he hoped the two-time Pro Bowler would be a Niner for life. "I believe him," Gore told the AP on Wednesday. "I want to be here." ... San Francisco waived TE Colin Cloherty. ... RG Chilo Rachal was not in uniform and did not practice - he just watched.
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/24/3859265/willis-works-to-become-more-complete.html#ixzz1W4mQix6x
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
WWBWD

Do you think Walsh would sign him to an extension ?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Notes: RB Frank Gore, seeking a new long-term contract, heard that general manager Trent Baalke went on the radio and said he hoped the two-time Pro Bowler would be a Niner for life. "I believe him," Gore told the AP on Wednesday. "I want to be here." ... San Francisco waived TE Colin Cloherty. ... RG Chilo Rachal was not in uniform and did not practice - he just watched.
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/24/3859265/willis-works-to-become-more-complete.html#ixzz1W4mQix6x

CHILO is getting traded, getting the Mays treatment, of standing and watching.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

CHILO is getting traded, getting the Mays treatment, of standing and watching.

Unless he's hurt -- that is very interesting news to hear. Wow. Chilo getting moved out? Hmm.

In answer to the above question: WWBWD?

He'd offer him a backloaded three year deal and would cut him after drafting his replacement next season.

That's what Bill Walsh would do. The man was absolutely f*cking cold. But he made it work.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Unless he's hurt -- that is very interesting news to hear. Wow. Chilo getting moved out? Hmm.

He'd offer him a backloaded three year deal and would cut him after drafting his replacement next season.

That's what Bill Walsh would do. The man was absolutely f*cking cold. But he made it work.

I think he would trade him now.

Originally posted by susweel:

I think he would trade him now.

Yup, he might do that too. But Walsh wasn't afraid to cut players either. He did it plenty of times. Shocking cuts.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yup, he might do that too. But Walsh wasn't afraid to cut players either. He did it plenty of times. Shocking cuts.

A year early rather then a year to late.
"AdamSchefter: 49ers scheduled to meet Monday with disgruntled RB Frank Gore and his agent Drew Rosenhaus to see if two sides can make any headway."
--http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/106870604132659200
Of all players on the roster I would like to see gore retire a niner. Can't wait for him to resign so I can get my 2 year old son a gore jersey. I love to watch gore run the ball ALL backs in the league should watch and learn from the best all around RB.

3rd round pick? Y'all crazy
Frank will be here for at least 3 seasons. Can you say front loaded 4 yr deal in which he only plays 3 yrs to help with the cap
Share 49ersWebzone