LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Your a F#$*#ng moron...OK Lets give away a player who is 900 or so yards away from being our all time leading rusher for a draft pick Nearly a year away...why give up a proven stud for someone coming out of college who hasn't proven a damn thing. How can people be so f-ing dumb. We should trade You for a Raider fan!!

this
Originally posted by valrod33:
you are the worst Ninertalk GM ever

Id trade him for Chris Johnson, Jake Locker and a 2nd round pick

Under those conditions-even I would be open to a trade, hell Johnson is a proven commodity and a 2nd round pick and I would say we raped someone. But back to reality, for just a draft pick which is all you'll get and no higher than a third unless you are talking a playoff team that has no satisfactory RB.
The only reason why I wouldn't consider trading him, is that I would like to see him get the record here.

He deserves it.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
u do not trade frank gore..give him a 2-3 yr deal for 22mil and lets be done with it
[ Edited by dmax on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Baalke (maybe under the direction of Jed) is cheap, so I think he is going to present a lowball offer, and piss Gore off more. I think Gore plays out his contract and moves elsewhere in 2012.

So, in your opinion, what is a "fair" contract for Gore? I mean good for the organization and good for Gore.

I guess not responding gives reason to criticize any deal they give Gore...

outside of draft stuff, MadDog's expertise is in the field of condescending fans of the 49ers, ridiculing the team based off his own subjective biases, trumpeting successful prognostications and slinking away from off-the-mark predictions. Having reasonable discussions that see two sides and acknowledge them objectively is not his strong suit. Trying to engage him in such conversations is a guarantee that you won't hear from him for a few days.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
A THIRD? That is far too low. A first rounder, and that is it. Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential. Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.

I agree 100%, Gore is still the best overall back in the league!!!! There are backs that specialize in running or catching, and few do both great. If u take gore's football iq and the intangibles that he brings to the game, gore is still an elite back!!

GORE = 3 rd round pick, ur nuckin futs !!!!
If someone offers a decent deal for Frank take it. I'll agree with that..depending on what "decent" means.

Nothing less than a couple 1sts.

He's just too valuable to this team.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM ]
best thing to do is let him play out his contract and let him test the market next year. that way we'll be able to get him at a better price.
Originally posted by niners:
best thing to do is let him play out his contract and let him test the market next year. that way we'll be able to get him at a better price.

We can always franchise him next season....
PAY THE MAN!

Gore is such a strong blocker, we should move him to FB and Hunter to RB. No need for a 3rd down back or no need to remove the FB. Put these guys with Delanie and Vernon and it's ownage.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Gore is such a strong blocker, we should move him to FB and Hunter to RB. No need for a 3rd down back or no need to remove the FB. Put these guys with Delanie and Vernon and it's ownage.

he's on the books for this year so, unless another team is will to overpay, say something like a 2nd then , i say the team keeps him. he can only make this team better if only for 1 more year
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If the deal right then deal him.
Unless someone is unloading a quality starting qb, what exactly would be the "right" deal??
Share 49ersWebzone