LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

"Steve Young never learned how to read defenses"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Dude lives in Sac. Nough said.

and you live in Oakland, your point? like 15% of the 9ers season ticket holders are from Sac dude...
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Mmm, it depends on the context in which this quote was spoken. If this guy was saying this about Young for the majority of his career, I'd vehemently say no. Steve Young was quite brilliant in our Super Bowl season, and every year afterward. But if he was talking about the early part of his career, then I'd say most of us would agree.

he meant his entire career. he said he has to" call it like it is, that steve never read defenses accurately"
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:50 PM ]
So the man with the highest QB rating in league history couldn't read defenses? I believe Mr. Napier doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.
I bet you his claim was followed by "defense reading is not something a quarterback must be amazing at to succeed" or some other sort of claim made to pump up ALex.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Dude lives in Sac. Nough said.

What are u trying to say?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I bet you his claim was followed by "defense reading is not something a quarterback must be amazing at to succeed" or some other sort of claim made to pump up ALex.

wtf? Grant Napear doesnt even like Alex Smith as far as I know.
Steve was voted league MVP one year and had ridiculously low INTs, like 7-8 the whole year. You just can't get that type of number unless you know what the defenses are doing to you in every game. Someone just has no football common sense.
Young is the frickin man
Nappear always hates on Steve Young. He says that Young is the most overrated player ever and he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Also, he claims that Phil Simms was better than him (he is a hardcore Giants fan). So, we gotta take this with a grain of salt.
Must be something about the name. He sounds as dumb as Grant Cohn.

Originally posted by sacniner:
Nappear always hates on Steve Young. He says that Young is the most overrated player ever and he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Also, he claims that Phil Simms was better than him (he is a hardcore Giants fan). So, we gotta take this with a grain of salt.

yeah Grant is a NY homer and a douche.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Funny, the only few minutes I heard of Grants show today was this. He went on to mention pocket only passers being great and that he doesn't like scrambling qb's.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Steve was voted league MVP one year and had ridiculously low INTs, like 7-8 the whole year. You just can't get that type of number unless you know what the defenses are doing to you in every game. Someone just has no football common sense.

Two years!

Having lived in Sac for a long time I don't mind him announcing Kings games but I believe he also does some Raider games too.
He's just jealous that Young wasn't his teams quarterback.
I don't live in the Bay Area so I have no clue who Napier is, but if I meet him I will be punching him in the face
Wow I bet Junior Seau wished he couldnt read defenses. This comment from Napier is a slap in the face for both players.
Share 49ersWebzone