There are 203 users in the forums

Can you see a difference? Harbaugh...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cant wait to bump this thread after week 6.........when Alex had put us in the dumpster. Cant wait to see who u guys blame then......
Originally posted by mfe8092:
Cant wait to bump this thread after week 6.........when Alex had put us in the dumpster. Cant wait to see who u guys blame then......

Again this is a thread about what we saw that was different. Care to discuss the use of all four of our Linebackers in the blitz scheme and the cover 3 concepts appearing in the defense?
Originally posted by Joecool:
And we haven't seen nothing yet in terms of the offense. I think having Singletary was a perfect setup for us. It's like a weighlifter loading up on calories to gain that size and then once he gets that size, to chizel down and fine-tune the finished product. Singletary helped us get that size, heart, and meaty mentality. Harbaugh helps us use that to our advantage with a little chizeling down and better techinique.

All NFL teams have heart and a football mentality. Singletary simply wasted a year out of every player's career and taught them nothing. Remember, Sing hated the WCO and thought it was the wrong way to play and he spent his coaching career here trying to erase any bit of the Walsh Way that he could.

And remember always that the Yorks were partners in this, hoping to put the York stamp on the team and removing as much of the past as possible.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Again this is a thread about what we saw that was different. Care to discuss the use of all four of our Linebackers in the blitz scheme and the cover 3 concepts appearing in the defense?

Not really. The defense has never been the problem with this team.........if anything, it is that very same defense that has made us look like a semi-pro team these past 5 years. Im not concerned about what kind of schemes we run, because we have the linebackers and corners to execute. The offense is what is lacking on this team........primarily at QB.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Harbaugh learned from his loss. Singletary never really did.

bingo. and harbaugh has already looked like he improved smiths awareness a ton. more creativity in our vanilla offense than singletary and nolans regular season offense. im stoked, harbaugh is a beast.
the only thing that i questioned at first was how we kept just running in the red zone when alex is actually really good in the red zone. ( guys that is not even a debate if he is good in the redzone or not so stfu for whoever is gonna say something stupid bout it) but then i remember its just a vanilla gameplan and he doesnt really want people to know his playbook before the season starts.
Originally posted by tankle104:
the only thing that i questioned at first was how we kept just running in the red zone when alex is actually really good in the red zone. ( guys that is not even a debate if he is good in the redzone or not so stfu for whoever is gonna say something stupid bout it) but then i remember its just a vanilla gameplan and he doesnt really want people to know his playbook before the season starts.

its also preseason so im sure he wants to see what plays will work and what plays wont. its not about winning, its mostly about evaluation in the preseason
Smiths problem has always been a lame offense and lack of a true number 1 reciever on the outside. Braylon opened things up for everyone else, passing game got on track, which in turn opened up the run. The pass was actually so efective last night that it set up the run, which is what the old niner west coast offenses always did. Once the run started hitting play action started working helping to gve Smith the time the great QBs usually get. Smith has actually played pretty well over the last couple years considering his offense and weaponry. Not good but has given a glimps here and there. when he gets a pro bowler (see Vernon Davis) he gets them the ball. Edwards and better play calling will definately help Smith and this team
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF9ERS:
Smiths problem has always been a lame offense and lack of a true number 1 reciever on the outside. Braylon opened things up for everyone else, passing game got on track, which in turn opened up the run. The pass was actually so efective last night that it set up the run, which is what the old niner west coast offenses always did. Once the run started hitting play action started working helping to gve Smith the time the great QBs usually get. Smith has actually played pretty well over the last couple years considering his offense and weaponry. Not good but has given a glimps here and there. when he gets a pro bowler (see Vernon Davis) he gets them the ball. Edwards and better play calling will definately help Smith and this team
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
The only difference I saw was that the Raiders are complete trash when compared to the Saints.

Also, No DMC and Campbell getting injured during the game didn't give us a good representation of the Raiders. They are a solid running team with a less-than-stellar passing game.

But they beat SD and KC (which both crushed us) twice each, that speaks for itself.

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by SF9ERS:

THe best thing I saw was that I was never positive what play we were about to run!! Over the last few years I felt like I could have run the offense better (obviously not but you know what I mean).

-We ran to the outside, which we haven't done in years
-We threw down the field a couple times
-We had a receiver make a highlight catch and there was no holding
-I think the two times in the red zone with Smith would have been a little different if it were a real game, I don't think they would run 3 times in the regular season.
  • bfree
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Also, No DMC and Campbell getting injured during the game didn't give us a good representation of the Raiders. They are a solid running team with a less-than-stellar passing game.

But they beat SD and KC (which both crushed us) twice each, that speaks for itself.

DMC is always injured and Campbell came out on what would have been his final drive anyway, if we had recovered that fumble and he had been healthy he would have been out the next series.

Say it is the preseason and doesn't show much because of that, not because they were out DMC and Campbell...
Its not run, run, and b forced to pass
Originally posted by mfe8092:

Nice. You are hoping we suck in week 6? Really? Just so you can be right? I really hope you rethink that one.
Share 49ersWebzone