There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Originally posted by susweel:
The NFL is a cold dog eat dog business. There is no team loyalty, the minute your play drops your done.

Cool, we agree. Let's just not have a double standard when players make personal decisions based on that fact.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The NFL is a cold dog eat dog business. There is no team loyalty, the minute your play drops your done.

Cool, we agree. Let's just not have a double standard when players make personal decisions based on that fact.

I dont, I never blame a player for wanting to get their money.
NinefourNiner!!!!!

Time to edit the thread title again.

"May somewhat still be frustrated"

or

"May have gotten screwed but signed anyway"
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Not even when a player is HUGELY undeserving (re: Goldson)?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Not even when a player is HUGELY undeserving (re: Goldson)?

Well that was just down right stupid on Goldson's part....LOL

With that said, based on the contracts this year, I wouldn't doubt if a number of the owners had some form of colousion going.
To all the fans that were jumping for joy when they signed him to an extension. How do you feel now about that ??
To all the fans that were jumping for joy when they signed him to an extension. How do you feel now about that ??

Still great. Not a killer deal that they can still get out of with very little consequence

Still feel good. His contract is a trade friendly contract.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Still great. Not a killer deal that they can still get out of with very little consequence

How so ?

How so ?

So you dont know the details, you just want to complain about his contract?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/02/11/Gores-new-contract-includes-no-risks-for/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=558206&feedID=5936

How so ?

So you dont know the details, you just want to complain about his contract?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/02/11/Gores-new-contract-includes-no-risks-for/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=558206&feedID=5936
Do your homework before you come in riding on the "I told you so" horse.

Plus it's three games, get back at me by at least mid-season.

How so ?

More of a PR signing than a real "value" signing. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

The Niner's needed to get something resolved in order for the situation not to create a distraction or negative vibe in the locker room.

Frankly (no pun intended), I would have preferred that the organization trade him but I doubt that the team would have got much for him.

Typically, a lot of players (read " almost all") on the roster are over valued on the WZ.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

How so ?

More of a PR signing than a real "value" signing. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

The Niner's needed to get something resolved in order for the situation not to create a distraction or negative vibe in the locker room.

Frankly (no pun intended), I would have preferred that the organization trade him but I doubt that the team would have got much for him.

Typically, a lot of players (read " almost all") on the roster are over valued on the WZ.

This is so true
He got paid. I think he knew he was on the decline and wanted to get one last payday in. We have a washed up Frank Gore now on our hands. I want to see more Kendall Hunter but you know Gore will start b&tching if that happens as well.
I knew that Gore was declining... and I feared he would look like it this season... But he needed to retire a niner... excuse me... he deserves to retire a niner.
Especially with the kind of numbers he put up... while on these shiity niner teams of the past years... he was always the bright spot.