LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
To all the fans that were jumping for joy when they signed him to an extension. How do you feel now about that ??

Still great. Not a killer deal that they can still get out of with very little consequence

How so ?

More of a PR signing than a real "value" signing. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

The Niner's needed to get something resolved in order for the situation not to create a distraction or negative vibe in the locker room.

Frankly (no pun intended), I would have preferred that the organization trade him but I doubt that the team would have got much for him.

Typically, a lot of players (read " almost all") on the roster are over valued on the WZ.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
To all the fans that were jumping for joy when they signed him to an extension. How do you feel now about that ??

Still great. Not a killer deal that they can still get out of with very little consequence

How so ?

More of a PR signing than a real "value" signing. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

The Niner's needed to get something resolved in order for the situation not to create a distraction or negative vibe in the locker room.

Frankly (no pun intended), I would have preferred that the organization trade him but I doubt that the team would have got much for him.

Typically, a lot of players (read " almost all") on the roster are over valued on the WZ.

This is so true
He got paid. I think he knew he was on the decline and wanted to get one last payday in. We have a washed up Frank Gore now on our hands. I want to see more Kendall Hunter but you know Gore will start b&tching if that happens as well.
I knew that Gore was declining... and I feared he would look like it this season... But he needed to retire a niner... excuse me... he deserves to retire a niner.
Especially with the kind of numbers he put up... while on these shiity niner teams of the past years... he was always the bright spot.
Share 49ersWebzone