LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by crabman82:
paul hofer played 12 games in 1981 for the 49ers, gettin 60 carries for 193 yards according to nfl.com.....i fail to see where walsh cut ties with him prior to a sb season

lol, and according to wikipedia he wasn't cut at all, he retired.

Hofer was the primary running back for the team. He was badly injured in 1980 if my memory serves me right. The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us. By '81, he was an afterthought. His knee was done. He was finished. Guys and gals -- they didn't have the kind of fancy surgery back then. When you hurt your knee, you were done.

And yes he may have retired. That's the option that players chose back then when the only option they had back then was getting cut or placed on waivers.

It was a different era. Hofer is still bitter about the way he was treated. He was the "Frank Gore" of that moment in time. It's just that his career wasn't as long. But he was the primary threat on a terrible team, much like Gore is today.

Point is -- what Bill Walsh did -- while wrong to Hofer -- was right for the team. That is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't think Gore is worth that kind of cash.

Which is why I picked up Kendall Hunter in the 12th round of our fantasy football draft tonight.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
i have a Goreboner.

Just pray it doesnt get injured soon. The Goreboner that is.

Seriously. Knock on wood...
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by crabman82:
paul hofer played 12 games in 1981 for the 49ers, gettin 60 carries for 193 yards according to nfl.com.....i fail to see where walsh cut ties with him prior to a sb season

lol, and according to wikipedia he wasn't cut at all, he retired.

Hofer was the primary running back for the team. He was badly injured in 1980 if my memory serves me right. The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us. By '81, he was an afterthought. His knee was done. He was finished. Guys and gals -- they didn't have the kind of fancy surgery back then. When you hurt your knee, you were done.

And yes he may have retired. That's the option that players chose back then when the only option they had back then was getting cut or placed on waivers.

It was a different era. Hofer is still bitter about the way he was treated. He was the "Frank Gore" of that moment in time. It's just that his career wasn't as long. But he was the primary threat on a terrible team, much like Gore is today.

Point is -- what Bill Walsh did -- while wrong to Hofer -- was right for the team. That is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't think Gore is worth that kind of cash.

Which is why I picked up Kendall Hunter in the 12th round of our fantasy football draft tonight.

Do you know Hofer or something?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us.

He never rushed for 1000 yards in a season, he had 1700 yards for his career, lulz
I'm glad that Gore received an extra dose of cash, given his productivity and mileage, I say he deserves it. Mr. Gore has been very good to us, I'm glad that we returned the favor.

It's nice to see us acting like Uncle Eddie's football team again.
Either you are attempting to post from an outside domain or your firewall/anti-virus software does not allow HTTP_REFERER to be seen. If you have firewall/anti-virus software or hardware installed, check with your firewall/anti-virus vender to learn how to enable this feature.
Originally posted by susweel:
Not a good trend every year the games played goes down. Bad move Baalke by extending Gore, you will be regretting this move in a year. You continue to disappoint me Baalke.

So, basically what your saying is that number of posts' doesn't actually equate to knowing what you're talking about?
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I was worried the new contract was going to be over three years, I think Frank will be productive for two more years, I don't think he will be getting as many carries this year as the last few years.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Big surprise. Another stupid deal in a season full of stupid deals. Baalke is trash. But as we know, the Yorkies didn't want to pony up for a real GM.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Gore said he still carries chip on shoulder from being 3rd-round pick. Ticked off names of RBs drafted before him, including Eric Shelton.

Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Gore actually named every RB drafted ahead of him (R. Brown, C. Williams, Benson, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton)

thats very tom brady-ish, i like it
Originally posted by kray28:
Big surprise. Another stupid deal in a season full of stupid deals. Baalke is trash. But as we know, the Yorkies didn't want to pony up for a real GM.

they so cheep!

What are you talking about?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

He is saying it was a dumb move to sign Gore and Baalke is not fit to be GM and the Yorks dont want to pay a real GM.
Frank Gore previous contract was 4 years 28 million with 6.5 million signing bonus This contract is 3 years 21 million

He is saying it was a dumb move to sign Gore and Baalke is not fit to be GM and the Yorks dont want to pay a real GM.

they're so cheap they'd rather pay a fake GM who hands out huge undeserved contracts than pay a real GM.

...I'm understanding this, right?

No I got that bit. But what is it about this deal that supports that argument?
Share 49ersWebzone