49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 1,057 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Anyone one that's not on this dudes bandwagon needs to eat a dick, seriously.


"Gore said he even spoke to Baalke about working for the organization when he's done playing."



http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6911159/frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers-agree-3-year-21m-deal-agent-says

Baalke will be fired by then.

i lol'd hard

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

Waiting for MadDog to join the party.

LOL .... in 3 ... 2 ... 1

We all know how MadDog operates. When he is quoted like this he stays quite for a few days. Then starts up the same s**t in a different thread.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,137
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We just dumped $20 million in the lap of Ray McDonald, so I guess in Niner Dollars $21 million for Gore is a bargain.

Gore has been one of the great, classy guys in recent 49ers history. He has stuck with this ridiculous team throughout his career. Gore has never played in a playoff game, but always gave best effort. Although I don't believe this is a move that improves the team (since he was already on it), since we weren't going to spend the cap money on difference-making free agents, we might as well give it to the best players already on our roster.

Good for you, Frank.
When you say ridiculous team what exactly do you mean. When one speaks about the team, one could, and often does, mean the players.
Are the 49er players ridiculous? I hope that you have not become so disillusioned to think that.

You claim the contract does not help the team because Gore is already on the team. I think your claim does not make much sense, if any.

The contract is for three years. Gore would have a free agent at the end of the year. The contract helps the team by keeping Frank here for three more years.

Having Gore will give Kendall Hunter more time to develop. More than likely, it also means that we can avoid using a high pick on a running back next year.

Signing Gore also eliminates the tension and break in team morale that would have surely come if Gore had not gotten a contract.

I contend that signing Gore, who you place among the best players on the team, does improves the team.

The contract is a fair deal for both the team and Gore.
The team did exactly what the General Manager, Trent Baalke, said it wanted to do--make Gore a 49er for life.
Gore has said he wanted to be a 49er for life. Congratulations are due both Gore and Baalke.

You said "We just dumped $20 million in the lap of Ray McDonald, so I guess in Niner Dollars $21 million for Gore is a bargain."
The inference can logically be drawn this is a claim that Ray McDonald did not earn or deserve the money he got. Is that what you meant?
Most rational people might think it is a little bit early to judge the wisdom of the Ray McDonald contract.

The clause since we weren't going to spend the cap money on difference-making free agents makes little sense.
The clause speaks of the future, and I do think there are many, if any, difference-making free agents still available. I really think that you really meant to say since we have not spent the money on difference-making free agents, and just got confounded.

Anyway, if that is what was intended, I would like to point out that the Baalke signed one, maybe two, free agents that might prove to be difference-makers.
Both Braylon Edwards and Carlos Rogers could prove to be difference-makers for the 49ers. I would say that just maybe, Baalke did sign free agent difference makers. We will not know for a while.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM ]
Just what I put on the 9ers.com board.

I mentioned a few days, maybe even a week back I would feel comfortable at a 3-4 year deal. 3 years I think I said 21-25 million or 4 years up to 28 or so. So I was pretty close and I love this deal for both sides. Gore put his heart and sole into this team since he's been here and he should be one of the few RB's that gets to finish with one team. 7 Million a year is pretty good money for a RB. Not tops but I hate that the Panthers needing to over pay Deangelo Williams to stay really threw off the curve. 3 Years is good for both because it pretty much assures Gore he is set for 4 more years and with his two contracts he has gotten 50 or so million and he should be set for life if he spent it well. Not too long but not too short... perfect
Side note... I hated the trading option being thrown around. Gore is 50x more valuable to us than most teams. We would probably have gotten a 2nd orr 3rd which we would have needed to use to have like a 5% CHANCE at getting someone to replace him without drop off. Gore is proven and anyone saying he is too old I am not buying it. Gore works as hard as anyone in the league and if you think he will lay down and die then he isn't the guy we have loved since he got here. I remember watching him his rookie season and saying wow, this guy is a future star. He ran really hard and caught pass out of the backfield. The only knock ever in his career was fumbling and he has done better... not fixed but better. Also, he could get it down the field but couldn't score. Now he is getting more TDs and he has much better break-away speed as he is in better shape than when he was a rookie.

As for 2012 FA lots of 1 year deals for next year but Gore was our biggest FA after next year. Now we can worry about Edwards/Rogers if need be. A bunch of other guys like Brooks, Morgan, etc that could be re-signed but after that not a whole lot to worry about.
Originally posted by Gire_21:
Just what I put on the 9ers.com board.


.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Anyone one that's not on this dudes bandwagon needs to eat a dick, seriously.


"Gore said he even spoke to Baalke about working for the organization when he's done playing."



http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6911159/frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers-agree-3-year-21m-deal-agent-says

Baalke will be fired by then.


Why are you posting a pick of Will Tufuku?
Gore is happy, Im happy.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Anyone one that's not on this dudes bandwagon needs to eat a dick, seriously.


"Gore said he even spoke to Baalke about working for the organization when he's done playing."



http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6911159/frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers-agree-3-year-21m-deal-agent-says

Baalke will be fired by then.


Why are you posting a pick of Will Tufuku?

no that's susweel
congrats Frankie now go earn that money!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Anyone one that's not on this dudes bandwagon needs to eat a dick, seriously.


"Gore said he even spoke to Baalke about working for the organization when he's done playing."



http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6911159/frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers-agree-3-year-21m-deal-agent-says

Baalke will be fired by then.


Why are you posting a pick of Will Tufuku?

no that's susweel
Sorry Sus! I take back every mean thing I ever posted about you. You know I was kidding, right?
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
.

Wondering why you quoted me on that part? If you are wondering why I post some stuff I type on both boards it's because there are a lot of users on each that aren't on the other. Also, I usually put effort into posts....... If it isn't about that then ignore that... just weird you quoted that part without saying anything.


Edit: Also, guys I would rather have gave it to someone with some injury problems that deserved it then someone who is always healthy who didn't deserve it. Gore makes us a much better team and I will take what we can get out of him. Even if we get half the games a year it still is worth it. One of the few times I wouldn't gripe even if he never played another down. Knock on wood. Remember he played like 4 years for us for like a few million dollars and never held out or complained. It evens out to like 9 years, 48-50 million for the career if he is done then.

And like I mentioned this frees us up for next free agency. We can concentrate on Brooks, Morgan and then Edwards, Rogers or whoever else of the 1 year deals we feel we want to sign long term. Takes the biggest FA off the list. I'd like to see Brooks or Edwards some time during the season depending on how they do.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM ]
Most of this team's success over the past few years is directly due to Gore. Talking head reports of him being injury prone are overstated. This is not an above market contract for a top tier RB, especially since it does not take effect until next year. Players are playing longer now with
success than in the past, so
historical comparisons to other situations are not determinative. I think this is a fair contract for a key player....particularly on a QB challenged team.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Most of this team's success over the past few years is directly due to Gore. Talking head reports of him being injury prone are overstated. This is not an above market contract for a top tier RB, especially since it does not take effect until next year. Players are playing longer now with success than in the past, so historical comparisons to other situations are n

he gets hurt because we need somebody to pick up the slack, if Jim can get the whole O moving Gore may gain some long term milage
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

Waiting for MadDog to join the party.

he joined briefly, and in true MadDog form, contradicted himself, so necessary is his crusade against Baalke.

Originally he said, "Management is cheap."

After Gore signed, he said, in effect, "They gave Ray MacDonald too much money, so they might as well give Gore too much money too."
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

Waiting for MadDog to join the party.


he joined briefly, and in true MadDog form, contradicted himself, so necessary is his crusade against Baalke.


Originally he said, "Management is cheap."



After Gore signed, he said, in effect, "They gave Ray MacDonald too much money, so they might as well give Gore too much money too."

lol
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone