There are 207 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
DeAngelo Williams money?! GTFO of here Frank. You're a great RB, better than Williams. But you're a 28 year old RB with an extensive injury history. We rewarded you in 2007 when we tore up your rookie deal. That was your choice to take the money early. You're a great RB Frank, the best in Niners history. But face the facts and get real. GMs don't pay for past performance, they pay for future expectations.

whawhawhaaattttttt? best in our history? i think roger craig may slap u in the near future. frank bor ing is nowhere near as good as 33.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yeah ok, since you like to pretend to have a keen insight into what goes on behind closed doors at 4949 Centennial, let me pretend for a second . . .

I assume if we signed Gore to a DeAngelo Williams deal this is what we'd hear from you.

Quote:
"Unbelievable. Marty Hurney offered a stupid contract to De Angelo Williams so Baalke has to keep up with the Jones by overpaying for a RB coming off hip surgery . Genius strikes again."

Go ahead and deny it.

First, we don't know that Williams' money is going to be the benchmark. It may be. Here is the issue. You work with players in good faith. Obviously, Gore was told that if he came back, the team would make him happy, or he wouldn't have shown up. So, you work with your players in good faith to get something done. Obviously, Gore feels the team has not worked in good faith.

We are dealing with a cheap organization. We have already seen this in free agency (we didn't land a difference-making FA because we went on the cheap), have the 9th largest pool of money still to spend, and have obviously pissed off one of our most loyal and dedicated players.

My premise is this: If you aren't going to play the free agent game correctly, and you still have a mountain of money to play with, why not give your best offensive player the money. In a normal world, I would be hesitant to offer Williams money on Gore's body, but the Niners have been dragging their feet with this contract, and now they have enraged Mr. Niner.

It all comes down to how you deal with your players. Obviously, they don't get how it works.

Didn't we have him on a really cheap contract for two more years when he broke out and we gave him a new contract that got him paid?
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
DeAngelo Williams money?! GTFO of here Frank. You're a great RB, better than Williams. But you're a 28 year old RB with an extensive injury history. We rewarded you in 2007 when we tore up your rookie deal. That was your choice to take the money early. You're a great RB Frank, the best in Niners history. But face the facts and get real. GMs don't pay for past performance, they pay for future expectations.

whawhawhaaattttttt? best in our history? i think roger craig may slap u in the near future. frank bor ing is nowhere near as good as 33.

Also, Ricky Watters > Frank Gore.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

ya, Gore is the sux!
Derek Loville >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ricky Watters > Frank Gore
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Bleh. Waters was an amazing back. I would put him on par with Gore.
We need Keasey back. Gore would go over 2,000 with ease
RB'
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Bleh. Waters was an amazing back. I would put him on par with Gore.

RB's with flat-tops were the shyt
Frank gore is the best rb in niners history
#fact
  • dj43
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I think its pretty obvious that MadDog is Scott McCloughan.

My name is spelled Scot, damn it.

P.S. I think the Seahawks are much more serious about winning than our franchise. They are building a young, tremendous OL, have big time weapons at WR and TE. All they need is a QB, and I think they will rectify this with Carson Palmer in February or a first round QB next April. They are going to be pretty solid from 2012 on.

yeah bringing in Tavaris Jackson is such a major improvement over Hasselbeck.
Edwards/Crabs/Morgan >> Rice/Williams/Tate
VD> Carlson
Not to mention Okung is hurt all the time. NinerTalk gonna talk.

Okung is healthy and playing well so far.

Sidney Rice is a stud who had a bad injury that kept him out the entire season. Without him, Favre struggled and failed. On production, Rice is a better WR than Edwards. Crabtree is nothing until he gets healthy and produces. Until that time, Williams is better.

Jackson will be the key. He knows Bevell's offense and Bevell obviously thought he would be the guy to run it. If Jackson can play up to his potential, Seattle could be a pretty good team.

Paul Smith > Gore

to the 3rd power

How long was Watters with us?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I think its pretty obvious that MadDog is Scott McCloughan.

Buzzed posting ftw

Me? are you talking about me???

Originally posted by pelos21:

How long was Watters with us?

This is the part of the thread where I remind everyone how DOPE Ricky Watters was.

And then people will come into the thread and try to convince me otherwise.

And then I'll say look at the stats.

And then they'll say he was a dick.

And that's where the convo will end.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its time the niners go back to white shoes.

f**k that. White shoes belong in tennis and golf.
Share 49ersWebzone