LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hofer36:
seeing dobbs make plays in each of the preseason game makes me wonder why he didnt establish himself as a draftableplayer with georgia...Can anyone explain that?

When he didn't make Maddog's big board (or "Big Board") then most teams chose to ignore him.

The Niners only signed him as an UDFA cause they always do the opposite of what MadDog thinks.

That, or they have a scouting department that actually knows what they're doing.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
When he didn't make Maddog's big board (or "Big Board") then most teams chose to ignore him.

The Niners only signed him as an UDFA cause they always do the opposite of what MadDog thinks.

That, or they have a scouting department that actually knows what they're doing.

He could be the best UDFA we have gotten since Zack Bronson.
Him and Aldon were straight up raping the left side of the SD O-line. Basically they started playing smeer the queer with the SD QB.

As to answer why he wasnt drafted, allot of player in college are victims of a #'s game, established seniors, injuries, more highly touted freshmen coming in and stealing reps, different defensive schemes... all that plays a factor. I mean look at Matt Cassel, never started a game since highschool yet was given a chance in a scheme that suited his skill set and boom he gets paid a franchise tag then a big contract. James Harrison is another example, same with Harvery Dahl. Sometimes its just about putting guys in the right position for their skillset rather than sticking to the square peg round hole mentality.

He makes the 53 no doubt, he may not suit up on gameday but I cant wait to see what another year of professional conditioning and technique does for him. His situational awareness, IE: the spinning backfist to cause the fumble on the chargers RB shows that he has already adjusted to the speed of the game and is improvising, very rare for a rookie DL.

Sky is the limit if he continues to develop.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He could be the best UDFA we have gotten since Zack Bronson.
Seriously, he looks like he could spell Justin Smith occasionally without giving up too much. Even though he's played mostly against second string guys this preseason, he's consistently shown the ability to make a play. Four games of terrific effort and consistent playmaking. Looks good to me!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Him and Aldon were straight up raping the left side of the SD O-line. Basically they started playing smeer the queer with the SD QB.

As to answer why he wasnt drafted, allot of player in college are victims of a #'s game, established seniors, injuries, more highly touted freshmen coming in and stealing reps, different defensive schemes... all that plays a factor. I mean look at Matt Cassel, never started a game since highschool yet was given a chance in a scheme that suited his skill set and boom he gets paid a franchise tag then a big contract. James Harrison is another example, same with Harvery Dahl. Sometimes its just about putting guys in the right position for their skillset rather than sticking to the square peg round hole mentality.

He makes the 53 no doubt, he may not suit up on gameday but I cant wait to see what another year of professional conditioning and technique does for him. His situational awareness, IE: the spinning backfist to cause the fumble on the chargers RB shows that he has already adjusted to the speed of the game and is improvising, very rare for a rookie DL.

Sky is the limit if he continues to develop.
Well, I like what you say, but . . . nah, I'm going with the "he didn't make MadDog's Big Bored" theory.

Double D can't really be that good unless MD sez he is, and that would be an admission that the Niner Front Office, Baalke et al, may actually know what they're doing--at least some of the time.

Just doesn't seem likely.
seeing dobbs make plays in each of the preseason game makes me wonder why he didnt establish himself as a draftableplayer with georgia...Can anyone explain that?

What is it with you and insulting people??
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for oldninerdude.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I'm just kidding around. Sorry if I offended.

You should pay more attention to MD. He brings a lot on himself.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Indeed he does.

What?

It's not an insult when its directed at MD, its either truth or standard procedure, usually both. Go and read any of his posts or arguments, instead of debating with an unbias objective opinion or facts, he comes out with a "holier than thou" attitude and never admits wrong even though the majority of time he is. Example: If I rated 250 prospects for the draft and put my own opinions on them (which i poached from multiple draft sites), chances are I will hit on allot of picks, but Im gonna miss a bunch too. Instead of acknowledging the misses, Ill make excuse after excuse and then point to the 3 picks I nailed ignoring the 20 I complete failed at. Then Im gonna insult your football knowledge and say you don't know sh*t about football, once Im proven wrong there Ill resort to pointing out spelling corrections in your post because thats the best my unoriginal mind can come up with as an insult, or Ill call you Baalkes wife/lover/sister etc. Once I get owned in a thread I write down who completely destroyed me in a debate and never respond to them again, and wait for the next unsuspecting new poster to try and pick on to show my epicness..... sound about right? Not the most respectable way to be taken seriously on a message board.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He has looked really good. At this point he has gone from a sure fire practice squad guy to a guy who would make the team to a guy who will make the team and probably dress on Sunday's and be in the D-Line rotation. He could end up being our starting LDE next year with the way he is playing and progressing.

More kudos to Jim Tomsula our D-Line coach. Man he develops guys, even guys who were not highly drafted or in Dobbs case, not drafted at all!

At least guys who have a feel for the game and want to succeed. Not much you can do with guys like Balmer. Probably the one 49ers first round pick in the last 10 years where I felt absolutely no excitement for. Some guys I didn't want but could quickly reason what's good about the pick in my head...Balmer was just meh
Originally posted by genus49:
At least guys who have a feel for the game and want to succeed. Not much you can do with guys like Balmer. Probably the one 49ers first round pick in the last 10 years where I felt absolutely no excitement for. Some guys I didn't want but could quickly reason what's good about the pick in my head...Balmer was just meh

The sad thing about Balmer is he could have worked hard and been at least serviceable, just too lazy
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM ]
It's not an insult when its directed at MD, its either truth or standard procedure, usually both. Go and read any of his posts or arguments, instead of debating with an unbias objective opinion or facts, he comes out with a "holier than thou" attitude and never admits wrong even though the majority of time he is. Example: If I rated 250 prospects for the draft and put my own opinions on them (which i poached from multiple draft sites), chances are I will hit on allot of picks, but Im gonna miss a bunch too. Instead of acknowledging the misses, Ill make excuse after excuse and then point to the 3 picks I nailed ignoring the 20 I complete failed at. Then Im gonna insult your football knowledge and say you don't know sh*t about football, once Im proven wrong there Ill resort to pointing out spelling corrections in your post because thats the best my unoriginal mind can come up with as an insult, or Ill call you Baalkes wife/lover/sister etc. Once I get owned in a thread I write down who completely destroyed me in a debate and never respond to them again, and wait for the next unsuspecting new poster to try and pick on to show my epicness..... sound about right? Not the most respectable way to be taken seriously on a message board.

Beast of a post. Spot on also.

Wow...

Share 49ersWebzone