LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 301 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't care. If he produces on the field, then all with be forgiven.
Crabtree is one of the 5 best players on this sorry excuse for a team and it just burns people up inside to admit it.
When is this guy ready to practice anyway?
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
this made me lol

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/08/inside-the-49ers/the-michael-crabtree-walk-by/

If I was Crabtree I wouldnt waste much time with the 49ers media either. All they want to do is start some s**t when they ask him about the starting QB. They dont care about his injury they just wanna bait him into some drama.
Crabtree came to the niners with a p*ss poor attitude and especially towards Alex. He was labeled a prima dona before the draft and has done nothing to change ppls perception of him. He is going to screw around all but his last year here, then that last year he will play for his next contract. It won't be in San Francisco. He is more interested in looking at himself in the mirror in his designer clothes and $3000 shoes than getting on the football field. Maybe it was those $3000 dhoes that gave him his phantom injury.
Until Crabtree really produces on the field, he's going to get all of these negative labels.

Isaac Bruce used to do interviews with his back turned, if he gave them at all. He didn't catch the negative labels because he produced on the field.

The whole "sweatsuit ninja" outfit that he wears when the media is in the locker room isn't bad in and of itself. However, when you add it to the lack of production on the field, the questions about his work ethic, and his constant pre-season injuries, then there's not a lot that's good to talk about.
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Until Crabtree really produces on the field, he's going to get all of these negative labels.

Isaac Bruce used to do interviews with his back turned, if he gave them at all. He didn't catch the negative labels because he produced on the field.

The whole "sweatsuit ninja" outfit that he wears when the media is in the locker room isn't bad in and of itself. However, when you add it to the lack of production on the field, the questions about his work ethic, and his constant pre-season injuries, then there's not a lot that's good to talk about.

Lack of production? His numbers went up from his rookie season despite the chaos at QB for last year. If Crabtree had a QB the quality of T.Green,Warner or even Bulger his numbers would be better. The question on his work ethic are stupid rumors that cant be proved. Theres plenty to thats good to talk about Crabtree too. He tore up Philly, his critical TD over Oakland, the games vs the Rams. How he showed up in 09 and looked great should also show he has a work ethic. There are lots of good things to talk about if you want to. Most dont want to after he doubted Smith being the starter. Until then there wasnt much hate on Crabtree. Shocking huh
  • Jiks
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Lack of production? His numbers went up from his rookie season despite the chaos at QB for last year. If Crabtree had a QB the quality of T.Green,Warner or even Bulger his numbers would be better. The question on his work ethic are stupid rumors that cant be proved. Theres plenty to thats good to talk about Crabtree too. He tore up Philly, his critical TD over Oakland, the games vs the Rams. How he showed up in 09 and looked great should also show he has a work ethic. There are lots of good things to talk about if you want to. Most dont want to after he doubted Smith being the starter. Until then there wasnt much hate on Crabtree. Shocking huh

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/149874-is-crabtree-overrated/search=crabtree
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Its his TEAMWORK ethic that have people concerned. His #'s were good considering he was the #3 option. And that's where the problem lays. Everyone that dislike Crab is because something just aint right about him.The fans want to root for him so bad its killing them cuz of his standoffish attitude. This yr he needs to have an 80 catch season. If he is as good as advertised then he will have that. You cant double him Vern and Edwards
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He just doesn't strike as someone who WANTS to play for this team like Frank Gore, Braylon Edwards or even Alex Smith.

hes hurt, so he cant practice...i dont see how people can blame him for that...they dont want to take their chances with him, if hes still on the PUP list by the start of the regular season he has to remain there until week 6 imagine how bad that would suck. he seems to be a much more introverted dude than people are used to seeing (esp @ WR) and he doesnt like talking to the media, who cares? its unfortunate that hes missing tc again but thats just the way things are. i choose to be optimistic and i think he will still have a good year

get your plate of crow ready
Q: Do you appreciate Braylon’s fresh start?
ALEX SMITH: I haven’t been around him before so I don’t know if it’s a new thing, but yeah, I mean the guy’s a professional. He works hard. He’s even on me a lot of times – let’s go through this or let’s do this. Very professional about how he goes about his job, aside from his ability. How he approaches the game it’s almost a lifestyle. He takes it very seriously. He’s putting everything into, so you appreciate that as a quarterback. And all our guys do. I’ve been so impressed with all the guys, how much they’ve committed. They’re not sitting on the fence. Everybody’s in. That’s great to see.
Q: When was the last time you threw to Michael?
ALEX SMITH: Crabtree?
Q: Yeah.
ALEX SMITH: This summer.
Q: What are you hearing about his timeframe?
ALEX SMITH: No idea. Couldn’t tell you.
Q: When you find out could you tell us?
ALEX SMITH: (Laughs) yeah.

Dont see what the big deal is its an unwritten rule that other players dont talk about each others money or injuries. Even if Alex doesnt like him because of the comments Crabtree made ealier in the summer who cares Crabs was thinking the samething 95% of the nation was. When Crabtree plays he gives 110% everytime he steps on the field. And as far as the walk by goes to me it seems like someone who is shy and likes to keep to his self not someone who is arrogant or self centered.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I don't think anybody really hates on his skills, but he doesn't have a team player attitude. You never really hear glowing reports of how much Crabtree is working extra hard on the mental aspects to become a better player. Eventhough he's injured I'd like to hear Smith or Davis or any leader of the team come out and say "Hey, Crabtree's workin his butt off", but it rarely happens.

To me, if I had the chance to be the best WR from my draft class and one of the best in the NFL and I had convinient injuries during TC, I'd be working really hard and for it to be noticed by at least [i]somebody[/i]

That said, we really really need him. Our offense will be siiiiick if he's 100% and him and Smith can build some sort of rapport. Gore Davis Edwards Walker Crabtree...man we got the young talent to be a top 10 offense. He would make that much more fun to watch.
There wasn't any reason for a wide receiver to get excited about playing on this team until this year. Imagine when he found out his high school team was more sophisticated than Singletary's.

He has had what seems to be a chronic foot problem. It is hard to heal feet. He may not be ready to go for some time and it would be stupid for him to go out and tweak it again.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
68 receptions
893 yards
7 TD
Share 49ersWebzone