LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Surprise cuts in 2011?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why does everyone expect Moran Norris to be cut? They brought him back because he was needed big time and they made a BIG mistake by cutting him the first time around. Everyone was high on him like a year ago and now all of the sudden someone somewhere started the "cut Moran Norris" chant and everyone joined in. I don't get it.
Alex Smith

Oh wait -- that's my hope -- not an actual answer to the thread title.

OK -- my answer is still Alex Smith.

On that day, I will do my best Martin Luther King, Jr. impression: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Alex Smith

On that day, I will do my best Martin Luther King, Jr. impression: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

I'm actually one of those delusional "Alex Smith Supporters" but that made me laugh.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Alex Smith

Stop that Bill because you will be accused of inciting.
Scott Mckillop, Moran Norris (though I think that's just being optimistic), Tarell Brown, Madieu Williams.
Norris isn't going to get cut!!!! Who will play FB? If there was someone competing for FB spot then maybe. No competition no cut.
T-Brown prob wont get cut either. Or T-Brock.
I don't think they cut Ted Ginn. He's the fastest WR we have. We keep him on speed alone. He can be at least a 4th WR. And he is still by far and away the best PR man we have. KR is not as big of a deal this year but you still need one and he is the best at that too despite being moved up to the 35 yard line. He returns 2 ways. Kicks and punts. Both are valuable.
This what I got so far:

QB: 3
Smith
Kap
Mccown

FB: 1
Norris

RB: 3
Gore
Hunter
Dixon

TE: 3
Davis
Walker
Reuland

O-Line: 8
Staley
Iupati
Goodwin
Rachal
Davis
Boone
Snyder
Kilgore

WR: 6
Edwards
Crabtree
Morgan
Williams
Ginn
Rojo

Thats 24 on "O"
DL: 7
Ray Mac
Ice
Smith
RJF
Tuku
Dobbs
Williams

LB: 8
Smith
Bowman
Willis
Brooks
Haralson
Grant
Applewhite
Costanzo

CB: 5
Rogers
Spencer
Culliver
Brock
Brown

S: 4
Whitner
Goldson
Smith
Spillman

ST: 3
Lee
Akers
Jennings

Thats 27 on "D" and ST

Combined with 24 on "O" is 51... last 2 spots i'm still scratching my head.

Its between draft picks Jones, Person and Miller... and Mays... I think
Maybe another LB like Mckillop or Kristick. I think they fight for same spot. I guess M. Williams at safety spot fighting with Mays.
Costanzo is standout ST that Seely wanted. Spillman is standout ST as well
Spencer would be the definition of a "Surprise cut." I'd be shocked...that said, I can certainly imagine a scenario where that can happen. New coaching staff + prolonged injury + player who has hit his ceiling ...IDK. Like I said, I'd be very surprised, but I do think we're going to see a surprise or two when the final cuts come through.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I see us picking up some players after the final cuts. The back end of our roster is really crap.
Share 49ersWebzone