LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Who are we kidding . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He retired but remained property of the Jets after retirement until the Jets cut him. Palmer can choose to unretire at any moment and if he does Cincy is on the hook for his fat contract unless they choose to release him making him free to sign elsewhere. It is possible Palmer could unretire and force Cincy to go over the cap should Cincy spend up to the cap on other players.

now that would be pretty baller, wait till they get to like 95% cap, unretire. screw them up force them to cut him...or cut nate.
Originally posted by 190836:
Great post, thank you. Don't let these kids get to you. They just don't like anyone criticizing the management. I'll post some Cohn stuff now, that'll raise their blood pressure.

Management? we are criticizing the post because its garbage
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Management? we are criticizing the post because its garbage

Why is it that people who have nothing constructive to say can only say something is bad or unless or etc. You never even tried to answer the question, just its garbage. I see how you got so many post now...

Anyway back to the question.

What more could we have done during the short FA burst to build a stronger team. Calling for veteran help now after signing Smith to 1yr 5m is a slap in the face as far as am concerned.

And those who said no one wants to come here is 100% right and that is ANOTHER REASON Jimmy should have cleaned house when he came. You hire a new HC for change not reruns.

Now before another flame head says it, no I am not condemning Jimmy. I 1000% hope he does great and gets us #6 not to support him and our team is stupid but to question his actions and upper management actions is within reason.

We should have made attempts to change all areas that needed it. And the down right mind blowing concept that is killing me right now is that we want to get rid of Mays so bad we send and email blast around the league. This is his 2yr! Now ppl calling for OL subs and our line succs, Iupati and Davis are 2nd yr pros and still jelling!!

This is Smith 7th year and no one has treated him anywhere close to how others have been treated! Mays, Hill, Iupati, Davis, etc. How can we call for 2nd yr players to be traded and call them bust but we have a 7th yr pro who has got 60m and produced nothing but we keep protecting him...We are a joke!

Go 49ers bring home number #6 please! Seriously
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
while i like to add to the suck for luck conspiracy, there is no way in hell NFL players are going to tank a season to draft a rookie superstar. These are grown men with pride and heart, doing what they love for a living. Tanking a season in the NFL will NEVER happen. I can see maybe tanking a meaningless game at the end of the season, more so by the coaching staff than the players, but no way they tank a season.

THIS. nothing else needs to be said.

Originally posted by Deodato:
Why is it that people who have nothing constructive to say can only say something is bad or unless or etc. You never even tried to answer the question, just its garbage. I see how you got so many post now...

Anyway back to the question.

What more could we have done during the short FA burst to build a stronger team. Calling for veteran help now after signing Smith to 1yr 5m is a slap in the face as far as am concerned.

And those who said no one wants to come here is 100% right and that is ANOTHER REASON Jimmy should have cleaned house when he came. You hire a new HC for change not reruns.

Now before another flame head says it, no I am not condemning Jimmy. I 1000% hope he does great and gets us #6 not to support him and our team is stupid but to question his actions and upper management actions is within reason.

We should have made attempts to change all areas that needed it. And the down right mind blowing concept that is killing me right now is that we want to get rid of Mays so bad we send and email blast around the league. This is his 2yr! Now ppl calling for OL subs and our line succs, Iupati and Davis are 2nd yr pros and still jelling!!

This is Smith 7th year and no one has treated him anywhere close to how others have been treated! Mays, Hill, Iupati, Davis, etc. How can we call for 2nd yr players to be traded and call them bust but we have a 7th yr pro who has got 60m and produced nothing but we keep protecting him...We are a joke!

Go 49ers bring home number #6 please! Seriously

Get a clue dude. You think you could evaluate 90 players and figure out who needs to be cut and who stays considering all the variables in a matter of a couple of weeks? hell no.

The areas of need were addressed or attempted to be addressed. This team had alot of holes. You may not believe that since you sound a little bit like a homer, but they tried to fix several areas as best they could. They improved the CB area with Rogers, an upgrade over Clements. Whitner is a tremendous upgrade at Safety, we drafted Aldon Smith to help with the pass rush, we signed Pro Bowl Center Goodwin. Signed Braylon Edwards. Many positions addressed, and yet, still numerous issues. What does that tell you? You can't fix everything at once dude, not in just 3 or 4 weeks.

And Mays is garbage. Get over his College hype. Big whoop he was a 2nd round pick. It was a terrible pick from the previous regime. Hell, Pete Carroll, his own College Coach didn't want him. What does that tell you about the guy? He doesn't below in the NFL at Safety. And it became evident right away. He stood out...in a bad way. He only has straight line speed, no quickness or lateral movement. Bad for a DB, not so bad for Special Teams. He is also unimportant. We have our starting safeties and even better backups than Mays. He's expendable. . And you can't compare the position to QB. Whens the last time you heard some one say "man, if we just had a good safety, we could get this team back to 500 football and into the playoffs?" never. apples to oranges. How many teams in the league need a QB? Several. Short offseason. It's not like Harbaugh was allowed to call up teams and work something out before the lock out ended. He had to make a call. It was an unpopular one, risk having the entire team not do anything or suck it up, give Alex a verbal backing and let him get the offense together and start installing his offense. Then hope that he could replace him or fix him after the lock out ended. The organization went after a replacement and lost out time and time again. Why is this so hard for you and some of the others? It's no secret that Alex sucks. We know this. But you have to make due with what you have. There is not exactly a plethora of Pro Bowl QB's hanging in the lurch ready to be scooped up for nothing. And who's protecting him? He's been ripped by the fans, media, etc.
No one is calling Lupati a bust. The only people calling Davis a bust are some fans being impatient. But making him sit this season may due him some good as he is still raw.

I can't believe I just wasted my breath trying to explain all that to you. This fanbase = clueless
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Get a clue dude. You think you could evaluate 90 players and figure out who needs to be cut and who stays considering all the variables in a matter of a couple of weeks? hell no.

The areas of need were addressed or attempted to be addressed. This team had alot of holes. You may not believe that since you sound a little bit like a homer, but they tried to fix several areas as best they could. They improved the CB area with Rogers, an upgrade over Clements. Whitner is a tremendous upgrade at Safety, we drafted Aldon Smith to help with the pass rush, we signed Pro Bowl Center Goodwin. Signed Braylon Edwards. Many positions addressed, and yet, still numerous issues. What does that tell you? You can't fix everything at once dude, not in just 3 or 4 weeks.

And Mays is garbage. Get over his College hype. Big whoop he was a 2nd round pick. It was a terrible pick from the previous regime. Hell, Pete Carroll, his own College Coach didn't want him. What does that tell you about the guy? He doesn't below in the NFL at Safety. And it became evident right away. He stood out...in a bad way. He only has straight line speed, no quickness or lateral movement. Bad for a DB, not so bad for Special Teams. He is also unimportant. We have our starting safeties and even better backups than Mays. He's expendable. . And you can't compare the position to QB. Whens the last time you heard some one say "man, if we just had a good safety, we could get this team back to 500 football and into the playoffs?" never. apples to oranges. How many teams in the league need a QB? Several. Short offseason. It's not like Harbaugh was allowed to call up teams and work something out before the lock out ended. He had to make a call. It was an unpopular one, risk having the entire team not do anything or suck it up, give Alex a verbal backing and let him get the offense together and start installing his offense. Then hope that he could replace him or fix him after the lock out ended. The organization went after a replacement and lost out time and time again. Why is this so hard for you and some of the others? It's no secret that Alex sucks. We know this. But you have to make due with what you have. There is not exactly a plethora of Pro Bowl QB's hanging in the lurch ready to be scooped up for nothing. And who's protecting him? He's been ripped by the fans, media, etc.
No one is calling Lupati a bust. The only people calling Davis a bust are some fans being impatient. But making him sit this season may due him some good as he is still raw.

I can't believe I just wasted my breath trying to explain all that to you. This fanbase = clueless

He deserved nothing close to that amount of effort Hollywood, should have just stopped after the first sentence.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Get a clue dude. You think you could evaluate 90 players and figure out who needs to be cut and who stays considering all the variables in a matter of a couple of weeks? hell no. The areas of need were addressed or attempted to be addressed. This team had alot of holes. You may not believe that since you sound a little bit like a homer, but they tried to fix several areas as best they could. They improved the CB area with Rogers, an upgrade over Clements. Whitner is a tremendous upgrade at Safety, we drafted Aldon Smith to help with the pass rush, we signed Pro Bowl Center Goodwin. Signed Braylon Edwards. Many positions addressed, and yet, still numerous issues. What does that tell you? You can't fix everything at once dude, not in just 3 or 4 weeks. And Mays is garbage. Get over his College hype. Big whoop he was a 2nd round pick. It was a terrible pick from the previous regime. Hell, Pete Carroll, his own College Coach didn't want him. What does that tell you about the guy? He doesn't below in the NFL at Safety. And it became evident right away. He stood out...in a bad way. He only has straight line speed, no quickness or lateral movement. Bad for a DB, not so bad for Special Teams. He is also unimportant. We have our starting safeties and even better backups than Mays. He's expendable. . And you can't compare the position to QB. Whens the last time you heard some one say "man, if we just had a good safety, we could get this team back to 500 football and into the playoffs?" never. apples to oranges. How many teams in the league need a QB? Several. Short offseason. It's not like Harbaugh was allowed to call up teams and work something out before the lock out ended. He had to make a call. It was an unpopular one, risk having the entire team not do anything or suck it up, give Alex a verbal backing and let him get the offense together and start installing his offense. Then hope that he could replace him or fix him after the lock out ended. The organization went after a replacement and lost out time and time again. Why is this so hard for you and some of the others? It's no secret that Alex sucks. We know this. But you have to make due with what you have. There is not exactly a plethora of Pro Bowl QB's hanging in the lurch ready to be scooped up for nothing. And who's protecting him? He's been ripped by the fans, media, etc. No one is calling Lupati a bust. The only people calling Davis a bust are some fans being impatient. But making him sit this season may due him some good as he is still raw. I can't believe I just wasted my breath trying to explain all that to you. This fanbase = clueless

I could punch holes in almost everything you just said but ill just address this: How many teams in the league need a QB? Several.

Let me be perfectly clear....I can care less about the other teams, I care about this one period. I care our players period. I care about us winning a #6 SB before Dallas, period. To make ANY EXCUSE about why we didn't do this or that or go after him or change that is just that, AN EXCUSE to cover your ass when you get called out.

I do agree on one thing. We did upgrade in other areas, to bad we didn't upgrade in the one area we needed to and to say anything different is an excuse. Why, because those same guys we didn't have "time" to get signed somewhere else.

Go back to watching Toddlers and Tiaras.
I could punch holes in almost everything you just said but ill just address this: How many teams in the league need a QB? Several.

Let me be perfectly clear....I can care less about the other teams, I care about this one period. I care our players period. I care about us winning a #6 SB before Dallas, period. To make ANY EXCUSE about why we didn't do this or that or go after him or change that is just that, AN EXCUSE to cover your ass when you get called out.

I do agree on one thing. We did upgrade in other areas, to bad we didn't upgrade in the one area we needed to and to say anything different is an excuse. Why, because those same guys we didn't have "time" to get signed somewhere else.

Go back to watching Toddlers and Tiaras.

They tried to fix the QB issue, it didn't happen, now we are stuck. What part of that didn't you get? Where is this magic upgrade at QB that they didn't get all because you think they think that Alex is the future?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He deserved nothing close to that amount of effort Hollywood, should have just stopped after the first sentence.

I know. I'm just very irritated today because I stayed out late partying last night with a girl and today i'm dragging a$$ at work on 3 hours sleep. No sleep = grouchy me. Totally worth it though :)
To address a one of the points brought up by the OP:

Mays: The reason Mays in on the block is that we found out that the concerns people had over his abilities as a player were legit. Scouts said that he struggled with changing direction and identifying plays. He is physically talented, but his skills don't match those talents. He is a project at safety, and it's usually the projects that are negatively affected when a coaching change. Somewhat similar situation happening in Denver with Tim Tebow. Maybe Mays could be an asset as a special teams guy, but he's been withdrawn and lackluster in practice according to Grant Cohn's article the other day. That's no way to make a team.
Yea am use to it on here. I try and post some general stuff to get a discussion going, but if you say anything that someone doesnt like it turns into a flame war or people putting it down.

PM me for a link to an MB that actually allows different points of view.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM ]
The negative comments are not directed at the poster, but more at the content. There is a thousand other threads just like this, but you chose to create your own for whatever reason...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
What a load of crap.

See what you have missed PA? Welcome Back!
Share 49ersWebzone