LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 152 users in the forums

Who are we kidding . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this "rumor" is the same guys who said "Crabtree will never play a game for SF"
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
It´s easy to say "why havent they brought in McNabb, Palmer, Kolb xyz", have you considered maybe that those players did NOT want to come to SF?
Hasslebeck has chosen the Titans over us.

Years of losing, of terrible HC ( erickson, Nolan, Singeltary) leave a mark.

harbaugh has to make an impression this year so that we become interesting again.
Look at the Lions, they have become interating again, players are recognising that the organisation is no longer terrible.

twice there were high hopes 2007 and 2010 and both times we have failed.
We have gone from being the team everyone wants to play for, to the point they will take less money to the exact opposite. Kind of like "you can't pay me enough to play for the 49ers" Makes it very hard to field a winner in the salary cap era.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Why is it this forum has turned into nothing but "We suck" threads. If you don't have anything but negative cry baby stuff to say then become a Cards or Howks fan and leave the devoted alone.
while i like to add to the suck for luck conspiracy, there is no way in hell NFL players are going to tank a season to draft a rookie superstar. These are grown men with pride and heart, doing what they love for a living. Tanking a season in the NFL will NEVER happen. I can see maybe tanking a meaningless game at the end of the season, more so by the coaching staff than the players, but no way they tank a season.
Originally posted by BobS:
We have gone from being the team everyone wants to play for, to the point they will take less money to the exact opposite. Kind of like "you can't pay me enough to play for the 49ers" Makes it very hard to field a winner in the salary cap era.
Do you blame any qb for not wanting to jeopardize their health and careers behind the offensive lines like we have fielded the last few years? I know you really dislike Smith, but you have to admire how tough the guy is playing behind a line that generally parts upon the snap like the red sea before Moses and the Israelites.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
while i like to add to the suck for luck conspiracy, there is no way in hell NFL players are going to tank a season to draft a rookie superstar. These are grown men with pride and heart, doing what they love for a living. Tanking a season in the NFL will NEVER happen. I can see maybe tanking a meaningless game at the end of the season, more so by the coaching staff than the players, but no way they tank a season.

END of THREAD
Do you blame any qb for not wanting to jeopardize their health and careers behind the offensive lines like we have fielded the last few years? I know you really dislike Smith, but you have to admire how tough the guy is playing behind a line that generally parts upon the snap like the red sea before Moses and the Israelites.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
It´s easy to say "why havent they brought in McNabb, Palmer, Kolb xyz", have you considered maybe that those players did NOT want to come to SF?
Hasslebeck has chosen the Titans over us.

Years of losing, of terrible HC ( erickson, Nolan, Singeltary) leave a mark.

harbaugh has to make an impression this year so that we become interesting again.
Look at the Lions, they have become interating again, players are recognising that the organisation is no longer terrible.

twice there were high hopes 2007 and 2010 and both times we have failed.

Which is why we are $20m under cap?

The same people who think we are sucking for luck, are the same ones who think Jed is super cheap... so hes gonna burn $100m this year just to pay a #1 pick contract next year? Ignoring the fact that the players dont care about any of this and are playing for their next contract like Edwards, Rogers, etc.Or the players that risk career ending injuries every week like Willis and VD who would instantly demand a trade if any of this had a shred of truth. The fact this notion even exists shows how boring of an offseason it has been as well as the intelligence of some writers and fans.
We just have to see how long the players buy into "everybody is good, everybody is improving" coaching tactic. If the players keep drinking the cool-aid long enough to really improve we will have a .500 season. We have to get to respectable before anyone will consider coming to this team. As in Carson Palmer unretires next year and signs with the niners, if that is even legally possible?? At least JH is a positive, upbeat yet strong coach. Nowin talked constantly about competition within the ranks but in a way that made the players hate each other. JH does it so that it isn't nasty but pushes the players to work harder. JH definitely has the "IT" factor as a coach.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
We just have to see how long the players buy into "everybody is good, everybody is improving" coaching tactic. If the players keep drinking the cool-aid long enough to really improve we will have a .500 season. We have to get to respectable before anyone will consider coming to this team. As in Carson Palmer unretires next year and signs with the niners, if that is even legally possible?? At least JH is a positive, upbeat yet strong coach. Nowin talked constantly about competition within the ranks but in a way that made the players hate each other. JH does it so that it isn't nasty but pushes the players to work harder. JH definitely has the "IT" factor as a coach.

doubt that's possible. Bengals would still have the rights to him.

what?

How did brett favre retire with the jets then get freed?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
What a load of crap.

+1
Alex sucks needs to go !
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

How did brett favre retire with the jets then get freed?

He retired but remained property of the Jets after retirement until the Jets cut him. Palmer can choose to unretire at any moment and if he does Cincy is on the hook for his fat contract unless they choose to release him making him free to sign elsewhere. It is possible Palmer could unretire and force Cincy to go over the cap should Cincy spend up to the cap on other players.
Share 49ersWebzone