There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are we kidding . . .

umm yea its only preseason. The regular season hasnt started yet.
Originally posted by Deodato:
This is taken from an article on yahoo I read: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/18/SPUQ1KOLJ3.DTL (In case you wanted the link)

"The acquisition of McCown, the best former Raiders-and-UFL quarterback available (sorry, Daunte Culpepper), does nothing to either enhance or detract from the conspiracy theory circulating among the Bay Area lunatic fringe.
The theory is that the 49ers have a secret plan to finish with the league's worst record and thus win the Andrew Luck lottery.
The theory is juicy because landing Luck would be an unbelievably great thing for the 49ers. They've been wandering in quarterback wilderness for a decade. And Luck would be a huge selling point for would-be stadium investors and season-ticket buyers.
But come on: That Luck conspiracy theory is absolutely ridiculous. I'm 75 percent sure of that.
You don't build a season around the rallying cry, "If we're sucky, we might get Luck-y."
Harbaugh and the 49ers would have to be crazy to shoot for that top draft pick, for two reasons:
-- If the 49ers wind up as the losingest team in football this season, after signing the hottest coaching prospect, angry fans will lose faith. They will storm team headquarters and reduce the complex to rubble. That said, if any head coach in football is emotionally equipped to ignore the critics, it's Harbaugh, whose self-esteem isn't dependent on backslapping from you or me.
-- Coming down the stretch at the end of the regular season, the Luck Lottery is going to get extremely heated. No team simply will waltz into last place in the overall standings. It will be a three- or four-team dogfight, and frankly, the 49ers might not have what it takes to out-stumble other contending clubs.
The Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick/Josh McCown parlay isn't likely to please many fans, but realistically, how much better could the 49ers have done? Matt Hasselbeck? Getting a season out of him would be like trying to drive a '72 Chevy cross-country.
From the beginning, circumstances pushed the 49ers into a quarterback corner. There weren't any top-10-type quarterbacks available, and the draft was iffy. Snagging Kaepernick in the second round seemed like a worthwhile gamble on a quarterback of the future.
The only questionable move by Harbaugh was handing the top job to Smith, instead of bringing in some other proven mediocre quarterback who wouldn't have to carry the emotional baggage of Smith.

The reason I started the thread off with this quote is because we have lied to ourselves for far to long. There was a time when anything less than a Super Bowl win was considered a wasted season. That was the standard, period. No if and or buts about it.

Now we are a dog and pony show, with a lot of dog and pony, but zero show.

Its no secret I am not a Alice Smith fan, not in this or the next 1,000 lifetimes so there is no reason for me to go there. My gripe comes from the top quote that we would sign a QB because he knows his place. . . These are grown professional men we are talking about right.

Were is our pride, our backbone, our sense of self worth? We have a trophy case with 5 Super Bowl Trophy's and in 2011 we are being made to sound like are the Lions, who haven't won one!

I brought into the "Sing Sting" and the famous "I want winners" motto, but I truly can not say that we do at this point. Only after 1 preseason game and the Alice Smith show does Captain Comeback finally realize, whoops maybe I made a mistake. What did you miss the last 6 years of reruns?

When our new coach came in, I really hoped that he would clean house. Smith, see ya. Morgan, peace out.

Only after seeing Smith, cause he missed the last 6 years, does he say oh we need a veteran QB. We have not been aggressive in FA, pretty much the same team as under Sing minus a few players and yet people believe that we want to build a Championship team. How, I have no clue.

The Rams and Cards will battle for the West. We will be rebuilding, still, next year (yr 2 for Jimmy). 49ers are still a once proud franchise turned laughing stock.

So my question is how many faithful really believe that management wants to win a Super Bowl and build a winning team? If you believe they do please give an example as to why you believe that.

FYI - NFL HCs avg 3-4 years as a HC before they are canned if they do not show progression, division title, playoff win, etc. This year is burned, unless CK is a fast learner or Josh is . . . nvm unless CK is a REAL FAST learner.

Hope Jimmy beats the timer (I am 1000% behind him, our team and want him to succeed) he will be unemployed in 3 years...Might want to consider that new off season and FA Jimmy.

Great post, thank you. Don't let these kids get to you. They just don't like anyone criticizing the management. I'll post some Cohn stuff now, that'll raise their blood pressure.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Deodato, I played college baseball with a guy named Deodati. Any relatonship?
Originally posted by 190836:
Great post, thank you. Don't let these kids get to you. They just don't like anyone criticizing the management. I'll post some Cohn stuff now, that'll raise their blood pressure.

Yea am use to it on here. I try and post some general stuff to get a discussion going, but if you say anything that someone doesnt like it turns into a flame war or people putting it down.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Deodato, I played college baseball with a guy named Deodati. Any relatonship?

Nah. I played FB only. Sure he is an awesome guy tho lol
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
This would not be such a pain in the ass if the fan base would just get aboard with the program and cheer for the 49ers to LOSE this season! If we do that, then in the long run, we will once again be winners!
They are who we thought they were.
Originally posted by Deodato:
Yea am use to it on here. I try and post some general stuff to get a discussion going, but if you say anything that someone doesnt like it turns into a flame war or people putting it down.

Discussion or beating a dead horse in the name of ridiculous conspiracy theories? The idea of the organization tanking to get Luck is idiotic at best. The number of people and egos that would have to be put in check to make this happen, along with several other uncontrollable variables not to mention the rammifications of attempting such a move pretty much guarantee its not going to happen. So there is no discussion. Its a ridiculous thought / notion.

And the idea that the Front Office doesn't care about winning is absurd. The Yorks care about money. Common sense dictates that winning makes you more money than losing. You along with many others can't seem to grasp the concept that running a football organization is not exactly an easy thing to do. If it was, all 32 teams would be in contention every year. Running a football organization is not easy and not everyone is qualified to do so. The Yorks are business people, and have attempted to run the organization as such. They are finally realizing that it can't be run that way. You can't treat it like a corporation such as Verizon, FedEx, etc. Do they know what they are doing? No. But to say they don't care is asanine, because to do so would to be to say they don't want to make money and the Yorks didn't get rich with such attitudes. "I don't care" doesn't get you very far. It does appear that they are attempting to adjust and get the ship righted. Otherwise they wouldn't have given Jim Harbaugh a big ass contract, they would have hired someone on the cheap like they did previously.

Try posting a legitimate topic for discussion and the flaming might stop.
[ Edited by Hollywood on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:50 AM ]
It just doesn't stop!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Discussion or beating a dead horse in the name of ridiculous conspiracy theories? The idea of the organization tanking to get Luck is idiotic at best. The number of people and egos that would have to be put in check to make this happen, along with several other uncontrollable variables not to mention the rammifications of attempting such a move pretty much guarantee its not going to happen. So there is no discussion. Its a ridiculous thought / notion.

And the idea that the Front Office doesn't care about winning is absurd. The Yorks care about money. Common sense dictates that winning makes you more money than losing. You along with many others can't seem to grasp the concept that running a football organization is not exactly an easy thing to do. If it was, all 32 teams would be in contention every year. Running a football organization is not easy and not everyone is qualified to do so. The Yorks are business people, and have attempted to run the organization as such. They are finally realizing that it can't be run that way. You can't treat it like a corporation such as Verizon, FedEx, etc. Do they know what they are doing? No. But to say they don't care is asanine, because to do so would to be to say they don't want to make money and the Yorks didn't get rich with such attitudes. "I don't care" doesn't get you very far. It does appear that they are attempting to adjust and get the ship righted. Otherwise they wouldn't have given Jim Harbaugh a big ass contract, they would have hired someone on the cheap like they did previously.

Try posting a legitimate topic for discussion and the flaming might stop.

+1 Thank you.
why the hell would we bail for Andrew Luck when we just spent a 2nd round pick on Kaepernick. Some
people man are just tarded
read a little bit, lol