There are 246 users in the forums

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Understandably, I stopped reading after that first sentence. Smith was hurt in the Carolina game last year....

Touché (though any QB would have gotten hurt on that play, it wasn't because of being fragile or anything)...not sure how that makes the rest of my post without merit though...
Originally posted by andes14:
Understandably, I stopped reading after that first sentence. Smith was hurt in the Carolina game last year....

Touché (though any QB would have gotten hurt on that play, it wasn't because of being fragile or anything)...not sure how that makes the rest of my post without merit though...

Well I assume the rest of the piece was about that mistated opening sentance. I'll read it though.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
DaveRazzano (Twitter)

Same thing happens every year re: Alex Smith. Looks great in practice then the game starts. I want the guy who leads in the 4th quarter. That's Tebow.

First part..ok I get it. But Tebow???? Really? He can barely beat out Brady Quinn. I respect Razzano and I'm sure he knows a lot more than any of us but sometimes it seems like he just say sht to stir the pot. Tim Tebow is basically a raw-er Alex Smith with more athleticism and an even crappier throwing motion.
razzano is an idiot

he is the same guy who said nate freaking daivs should be our franchise qb

and if im not mistaken i think he said lineart would be one of the best qbs in nfl
Originally posted by andes14:

He wouldnt have gotten hurt if he wasnt staring down the wide receiver he intended to throw you....resulting in his inability to see/feel pressure coming right in front of his body.
We have to be in the discussion at least. Smith will likely never be the QB we wanted him to become here in SF but it's also the fact that his backup is a raw rookie who will need more than a year to develop and the 3rd string QB is playing on the only team he ever dominated. If we don't have the absolute worst we at least have one of the worst.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
He wouldnt have gotten hurt if he wasnt staring down the wide receiver he intended to throw you....resulting in his inability to see/feel pressure coming right in front of his body.

True, and Steve Young should have felt that corner blitz as well.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I dont know if you are trying to be a smarta** or not, but its not even close to being the same thing.
  • Jiks

I dont know if you are trying to be a smarta** or not, but its not even close to being the same thing.
Nope, not joking. Injury's happen. To sit and say someone should have done something else after the fact is complete non-sense.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
DaveRazzano (Twitter)

Same thing happens every year re: Alex Smith. Looks great in practice then the game starts. I want the guy who leads in the 4th quarter. That's Tebow.

First part..ok I get it. But Tebow???? Really? He can barely beat out Brady Quinn. I respect Razzano and I'm sure he knows a lot more than any of us but sometimes it seems like he just say sht to stir the pot. Tim Tebow is basically a raw-er Alex Smith with more athleticism and an even crappier throwing motion.

I dont and I doubt it. RIght now NFL teams pay him just as much as they pay you and I.

Nope, not joking. Injury's happen. To sit and say someone should have done something else after the fact is complete non-sense.

LOL. Ok dude.

Originally posted by wailers15:
i agree! some of the biggest whiners i see are at candlestick. man across the bay it's just a bunch of dumb drunk ignorant football fans that don't know what they're talking about.

THIS!
lol so true
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
lol so true

Have either of you seen either of the plays the two got injured on? Because I cant possibly fathom how you can relate the two to each other.
  • Jiks
LOL. Ok dude.

Yeah I hate being wrong too. Keep on with your assumptions. LOL FTW LMAO ROLF LOL LOL ROLF LMAO FTW
Chad Henne, John Beck, Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst, Andy Dalton, Jason Campbell. Alex Smith > ALL OF EM.

Share 49ersWebzone