LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

lets just wait and see how great Kolb is without Andy Reid, desean jackson, jeremy maclin, lesean mccoy and Philly's much better O-line. i predict cornkolb to get destroyed sometime between week one and week five
No- Washington, Seattle, Cincinnati, and Miami would all probably rather be in our current situation.
Originally posted by dj43:
All of this talk just points out how hard it is to find a good QB to play at this level. If they were truthful, 20 teams in this league would say they are not happy with their QB situation heading into the regular season. The question is; which coaching staff will make the most of what they have?
20 teams?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lets just wait and see how great Kolb is without Andy Reid, desean jackson, jeremy maclin, lesean mccoy and Philly's much better O-line. i predict cornkolb to get destroyed sometime between week one and week five

I agree completely. Most QBs that have success with Andy Reid usually do not fare too well on other teams. The Eagles have a great system for QBs and I think we will see Kolb's true colors in Arizona.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
And kept snapping the ball like sh**........

Yeah, needs to get used to his QBs. He also doesn't have a good anchor vs powerful DTs, so that's something to worry a bit over too.

Yep, dont we play the Lions this year?.....need to get better or add a couple more QB's to the roster.......
A kind reminder to the posters of this board:

If you are going to talk and argue about points, please keep it as such. We have an unwritten rule within this board,

"Attack the idea, not the poster."

The OP identified that this was not about AS, specifically, but about our QB situation as a whole. Please stick to that topic.

Thanks.

I think Kolb will be ok In Arizona better than you guys think he will be. Granted though I'm also an Alex Smith fan, so maybe I suck at judging qb talent.
Yep, dont we play the Lions this year?.....need to get better or add a couple more QB's to the roster.......

We should probably stock at least 5 extra QB's and put them out there in the first half. Maybe Suh will be full after feasting on the blood of the first 4 QB's in that game. I fully expect him to rip the starting QB's head off, hold it up high, and then drink the blood as it pours from the detached head. Then give a crazy eyed look to the side line as he lets out a roar that sounds eerily like a Lion. Maybe even pull out a small bottle of dijon mustard to spread on the victimized QB, then wash it down with a keg of beer.
Originally posted by Hollywood:

We should probably stock at least 5 extra QB's and put them out there in the first half. Maybe Suh will be full after feasting on the blood of the first 4 QB's in that game. I fully expect him to rip the starting QB's head off, hold it up high, and then drink the blood as it pours from the detached head. Then give a crazy eyed look to the side line as he lets out a roar that sounds eerily like a Lion. Maybe even pull out a small bottle of dijon mustard to spread on the victimized QB, then wash it down with a keg of beer.
Nicely done guy.....and then he meets Iupati.......

lol

I think you will see some of the offensive line needs addressed on final cutdown day, when JH goes shopping for talent that just couldn't crack those top tier teams. There are always some gems in the rough, and if JH can spot NFL talent, he will most certainly find those gems.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
All of this talk just points out how hard it is to find a good QB to play at this level. If they were truthful, 20 teams in this league would say they are not happy with their QB situation heading into the regular season. The question is; which coaching staff will make the most of what they have?
20 teams?

l
looking at the entire situation, from their starter to the 3rd stringer, I'm sure there are at least 20 teams who feel the position needs work, whether its because they have no reliable backup, or have an aging starter with no future at the position, or a s**t starter and nothing good behind him.

and beyond the 6 or 7 elite QB's, the majority of NFL QB's are mediocre, even the ones who put up great numbers, even the one who win. Despite his success, I bet John Harbaugh would upgrade from Flacco if he could, for instance.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
20 teams?

l
looking at the entire situation, from their starter to the 3rd stringer, I'm sure there are at least 20 teams who feel the position needs work, whether its because they have no reliable backup, or have an aging starter with no future at the position, or a s**t starter and nothing good behind him.

and beyond the 6 or 7 elite QB's, the majority of NFL QB's are mediocre, even the ones who put up great numbers, even the one who win. Despite his success, I bet John Harbaugh would upgrade from Flacco if he could, for instance.
He said there are 20 teams, if truthful, that are not happy with with their qb's heading into this season. I can count 15 teams that I can assure are happy. Colts, Pats, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Falcons,Texans, Eagles, Lions, Chargers, Giants, Saints, Bucs, Rams and Ravens, although you might disagree, but im sure they're happy heading into the season.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Aug 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Bengals, Bills, Miami, Washington, Seattle all easily have worse situations than us.

I'd rather have fitzpatrick or gradkowski than alex.....maybe even grossman or tarvaris.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Did not read! But also don't feel like finding GIF of a dancing man.

Share 49ersWebzone