There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR

Originally posted by jimrat201:
Rod loves to berate the callers I've noticed............................reeeeeeeeeeeeeelax Rod

Just the stupid ones . . .
There a relatively new FM station called "95.7 The Game". I an out of market listener and can't really stand how dry KNBR usually is, and yes it's mostly Giants talk. The Game does a little bit better job of mixing it up between the other teams in town and has had some good niners interviews thus far this season. pretty sure they have a iphone app to listen as well.
[ Edited by niners_guy on Aug 11, 2011 at 6:25 AM ]
Brian Jennings coming on KNBR at 7:00AM for his first "Brian Jennings Show" of the year, Patrick Willis will be on the segment after.
f**kinnn Willis man. Willis said "uummm" 210 times in the whole interview. Lmfao
Originally posted by QBguru:
f**kinnn Willis man. Willis said "uummm" 210 times in the whole interview. Lmfao

The guy just woke up....so he was tired, therefore........his hands were on his hips.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Fitz and Brooks definitely, Rod Brooks is a sideline reporter for the niners so he has a vested interest in them. Murph and Mac are great too with the niners but I never listen to them because of the time they're on. Razor and Mr T talk about basketball basically all the time, all year round lol. But they do have the Steve Young show on Wednesdays so it's not completely awful. And Radnich is just a babbling nincompoop.

I endorse this post! Radnich has become my least favorite and without Tony Bruno, will drop even further into self admiration. Fitz is a walking encylopedia and Brooks keeps him grounded and adds much needed humor and common sense. Seldom get a chance to listen to Murph and Mac but they seem decent. Razor is less annoying working with Tolbert, who I believe is the most consistently good host. He is less predictable. Steve Young is getting better and better. Use to try too hard.
Originally posted by QBguru:

he is like that in all his interviews
I'm in Dallas and I've been listening to KNBR for about 2-3 years now thanks to smart phone apps. I'm using tune In on my HTC evo 4g now. But it's hard to listen to KNBR, even when baseball season is over, it seams baseball gets more talk than 49er football. Mac and Murph are terrible, period. I tune in to hear the shows with the Niner players like the Harbaugh show on Tuesdays, Brian Jennings on Thursday, etc. Even when football season is in full swing, the coverage is lacking.They are also terrible interviewers. Rod and Brooks are ok and talk more Niner stuff than the other shows (well not sure about the Razor and Mr T, i'm on my way home when those guys come on so im' done listening for the day but the one guy's voice annoys me) so I tend to listen to them every day. But I really wished they covered the Niners the way a flagship station should. For example, here in Dallas. I'm extremely jealous of Cowboy fans here in Dallas. 1310 the ticket here has tremendous coverage of the Cowboys for their fans. The people here don't know how good they have it. There is more Cowboy talk on the radio here during training camp than the 49ers get on KNBR all regular season. Several of the hosts of the ticket actually travel with the team to training camp and do their shows live from training camp. The Monday after a game, almost every show from morning drive to the 3-7pm crew talk 90% cowboys. Tuesdays they cover college football, then Wednesday they are back to discussing the next opponent. If KNBR covered the Niners like that, i'd have them dialed in all day, instead of the 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the evening that I usually listen.
Long time KNBR fan here in So Cal. I love this station, listen to it a lot on my days off. Iphone has an app that works great and the streaming works great too. I perfer KNBR over watching espn or nfl network because I could give a flying F&%$ about the Eagles, Cowboys, Patriots...

Niner For Life...

2011 NFC West Champs...

Return to GLORY!
Originally posted by Hollywood:
I'm in Dallas and I've been listening to KNBR for about 2-3 years now thanks to smart phone apps. I'm using tune In on my HTC evo 4g now. But it's hard to listen to KNBR, even when baseball season is over, it seams baseball gets more talk than 49er football. Mac and Murph are terrible, period. I tune in to hear the shows with the Niner players like the Harbaugh show on Tuesdays, Brian Jennings on Thursday, etc. Even when football season is in full swing, the coverage is lacking.They are also terrible interviewers. Rod and Brooks are ok and talk more Niner stuff than the other shows (well not sure about the Razor and Mr T, i'm on my way home when those guys come on so im' done listening for the day but the one guy's voice annoys me) so I tend to listen to them every day. But I really wished they covered the Niners the way a flagship station should. For example, here in Dallas. I'm extremely jealous of Cowboy fans here in Dallas. 1310 the ticket here has tremendous coverage of the Cowboys for their fans. The people here don't know how good they have it. There is more Cowboy talk on the radio here during training camp than the 49ers get on KNBR all regular season. Several of the hosts of the ticket actually travel with the team to training camp and do their shows live from training camp. The Monday after a game, almost every show from morning drive to the 3-7pm crew talk 90% cowboys. Tuesdays they cover college football, then Wednesday they are back to discussing the next opponent. If KNBR covered the Niners like that, i'd have them dialed in all day, instead of the 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the evening that I usually listen.

KNBR & Giants have a long history with their business partnership - something that doesn't exist with any other Bay Area team & radio station. So that will always be dominant. As for the 49ers, the Bay Area in general are fair weather sports fans. The Niners have not been good for a while, and there is less interest in talking about them than us diehards who post here would like to believe. That's my take anyway.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Aug 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]
95.7 is officially my new favorite sports talk station and I have only listened to it 2 days now. KNBR will only be used for podcasts of 49ers interviews.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
KNBR & Giants have a long history with their business partnership - something that doesn't exist with any other Bay Area team & radio station. So that will always be dominant. As for the 49ers, the Bay Area in general are fair weather sports fans. The Niners have not been good for a while, and there is less interest in talking about them than us diehards who post here would like to believe. That's my take anyway.

The Niner talk is building up steam on KNBR as the first pre-season game approaches. The regular weekly 49er oriented shows are starting and you're getting more segments from beat writers and such. KNBR does have to do a balancing act since they are the flagship for the Giants and 49ers, as well as the Warriors. I believe they recently extended their agreement with the 49ers through 2014. Once the regular season starts they're pretty heavy on NFL talk, especially on Fridays and Mondays.

I agree, if they start winning you'll see the volume of 49er talk spike.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The Niner talk is building up steam on KNBR as the first pre-season game approaches. The regular weekly 49er oriented shows are starting and you're getting more segments from beat writers and such. KNBR does have to do a balancing act since they are the flagship for the Giants and 49ers, as well as the Warriors. I believe they recently extended their agreement with the 49ers through 2014. Once the regular season starts they're pretty heavy on NFL talk, especially on Fridays and Mondays.

yes hopefully they win more games, and get more attention. Niners not too long ago were on KGO - but I know they have been a coveted team that KNBR had wanted for a long time on their station.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

It is still lacking. One would think after an interview related to the 49ers, the hosts would discuss the team or throw a question out there to get callers to start talking about the team. The hosts immediately halt all 49ers talk once that interview is over aside from a small remark or two. The 49ers related interview should lead into more 49ers discussion but they stop it cold.

They don't even act like they read articles and talk about Willis blitzing more or this or that. It sucks.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
95.7 is officially my new favorite sports talk station and I have only listened to it 2 days now. KNBR will only be used for podcasts of 49ers interviews.

this