LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

First Pre Season Game: One thing looking forward to see

Shop Find 49ers gear online

First Pre Season Game: One thing looking forward to see

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
I want to see a wr hit in stride for a long bomb td.

one can wish.....

how i miss the good ol' days

5 yd slant that goes for 80, or
4 yd checkdown that goes for 80
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
I want to see a wr hit in stride for a long bomb td.

one can wish.....

how i miss the good ol' days

5 yd slant that goes for 80, or
4 yd checkdown that goes for 80

How bout a Jerry Rice-like 40 yard post and 40 YAC!
ALDON SMITH!!!
easily the WCO back home
To see a couple nice passes from Alex to our key weapons, and nobody get hurt.

And to see our Red & Gold back out on the field with a good coaching staff

Go Niners!
[ Edited by ForeverYoung8 on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM ]
Other

I want to see Alex throw 0-17 with 7 interceptions, so we can lose ugly and he will be thrown off the team!!!!

... oh wait, fu*k that... I am not __________________. (
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Just watching the 9ers play, man.

Trying to read anything else out of this first preseason game is a fool's errand.

Agree
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
49ers football
Can't wait to see the first play... run to right with gore.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for 49ersGiantspride.
Harbaugh coaching,the rookies and the return of the WCO.

im looking forward to seeing how the Oline performs. even though im not expecting them to look anything like the pats or the saints especially considering that this is the 1st preseason action I would like to see something that gives me a glimmer of hope. that being said i would also like to see how the new staff works the RG situation, as of right now im just waiting for chilo to miss an assignment that results in the QB getting blown up...again.
On offense, offensive line/pass blocking and on defense, defensive secondary/pass coverage. These are the areas that needed the greatest improvement.

After that it would be to see whether the WRs are running precise timing patterns/cuts and getting wide open. That was another area of concern last year. Finally, to see if the running backs are able to be great receivers as required in the WCO. The great 49er receivers would say that if one can get hands on the ball, he should have caught it. Gore, Dixon and the fullback must demonstrate great hands and ability to lock in overthrown or underthrown balls within their arm length and leaping radius. There have been instances where a slightly misplaced ball, was tipped and should have been caught by the running back, but instead became an interception. The running backs must make it a point to perfect this craft and do everything they can to get that ball or at the very least knock it down to prevent an interception.
[ Edited by 49erDynasty on Aug 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM ]
Some niner football period. I dont care to see the starters as much esp on O. Will be interesting to see how the plays are being called.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Just watching the 9ers play, man.

Trying to read anything else out of this first preseason game is a fool's errand.

Agree

This.

And Aldon Smith
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
To see a couple nice passes from Alex to our key weapons, and nobody get hurt.

And to see our Red & Gold back out on the field with a good coaching staff

Go Niners!

This! I want to see how Alex does in our new system! This is his make or break year...he's shown promise/potential and there are no more excuses after this season! GO ALEX!!!
Share 49ersWebzone