[ Edited by socalfan21 on Aug 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM ]
There are 564 users in the forums
49ers first official (unofficial) depth chart of training camp
Aug 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM
- socalfan21
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,074
Adam Snyder over Goodwin and Ginn over Edwards... interesting. I guess they meant it when they said they have to earn the PT
Aug 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM
- MRNINESEVEN
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,730
not buying it lol. since reggie smit is out
Aug 9, 2011 at 7:48 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Adam Snyder over Goodwin and Ginn over Edwards... interesting. I guess they meant it when they said they have to earn the PT
Goodwin and Edwards had been here one day when this was released, this will change prior to the regular season, dont overthink this one
Aug 9, 2011 at 8:09 AM
- H41L5ATAN
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,417
Originally posted by valrod33:Originally posted by socalfan21:
Adam Snyder over Goodwin and Ginn over Edwards... interesting. I guess they meant it when they said they have to earn the PT
Goodwin and Edwards had been here one day when this was released, this will change prior to the regular season, dont overthink this one
Exactly no way would we use up Snyder's versatility @ Center now that we have Goodwin plus Wragge should be sufficient as the back up. Snyder vs. Chilo for the RG spot. And Ginn starting over Braylon?
Aug 9, 2011 at 8:17 AM
- Whomeam
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,371
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Adam Snyder over Goodwin and Ginn over Edwards... interesting. I guess they meant it when they said they have to earn the PT
they're just not as knowledgeable as the other guys with the playbook yet.
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Surprises:
Mesoli over Bethel Thomphson for 3rd qb, I guess Mesoli will be the developmental 3rd string qb.
Lance Long over Ronald Johnson?? I thought Johnson was doing good?
Ian Williams as 3rd string DE? I thought he was a pure NT??
Mesoli over Bethel Thomphson for 3rd qb, I guess Mesoli will be the developmental 3rd string qb.
Lance Long over Ronald Johnson?? I thought Johnson was doing good?
Ian Williams as 3rd string DE? I thought he was a pure NT??
Aug 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by 9erred:
Surprises:
Mesoli over Bethel Thomphson for 3rd qb, I guess Mesoli will be the developmental 3rd string qb.
Lance Long over Ronald Johnson?? I thought Johnson was doing good?
Ian Williams as 3rd string DE? I thought he was a pure NT??
Probably gonna try Williams at all d line positions. Like the Packers sometimes BJ Raji is the NT and sometimes he's a de.
Aug 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM
- OptimusPrime52
- Member
- Posts: 705
this is just for the game fri i imagine. dont read anyhting into it.
Aug 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
SANTA CLARA — The 49ers just sent out their depth chart for Saturday’s exhibition game against the Houston Texans, and there are some changes in the secondary.
Dashon Goldson is officially the starting free safety while Reggie Smith is injured. Madieu Williams is officially second-string.
Shawntae Spencer is still the starting right cornerback even though he’s injured. Tarell Brown is his backup, and Tramaine Brock is third-string.
Chris Culliver is Carlos Rogers’ backup at left cornerback, while Phillip Adams is third-string on the left side.
This means Harbaugh’s staff likes Goldson and Brown and Culliver. It also means that Brown is in the lead for the nickel corner job, and if Spencer misses an extended period of time with his hamstring injury, Brown is next in line to take his starting spot.
Brown struggled in practice last week, but outplayed Tramaine Brock in Saturday’s game against the Raiders, and now he’s clearly “arrow up” in the mind of Harbaugh.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/08/depth-chart/depth-chart-changes-in-the-secondary/
Dashon Goldson is officially the starting free safety while Reggie Smith is injured. Madieu Williams is officially second-string.
Shawntae Spencer is still the starting right cornerback even though he’s injured. Tarell Brown is his backup, and Tramaine Brock is third-string.
Chris Culliver is Carlos Rogers’ backup at left cornerback, while Phillip Adams is third-string on the left side.
This means Harbaugh’s staff likes Goldson and Brown and Culliver. It also means that Brown is in the lead for the nickel corner job, and if Spencer misses an extended period of time with his hamstring injury, Brown is next in line to take his starting spot.
Brown struggled in practice last week, but outplayed Tramaine Brock in Saturday’s game against the Raiders, and now he’s clearly “arrow up” in the mind of Harbaugh.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/08/depth-chart/depth-chart-changes-in-the-secondary/
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
S: Hmmm, I personally like Williams over Goldson for a starting spot and Reggie Smith behind him and I would rather have Goldson backup Whitner.
CB: A fully healthy and 100% Spencer (rare - he has chronic hamgstring issues and hasn't played a down in this new defense) and Rogers are your CB's but Adams probably is the best CB off the bench and has the best instincts and playmaking ability by far followed by Culliver. Brock and Brown are similar players but Brown has the most experience even though he hasn't been very successful on any level/position.
Interesting...
CB: A fully healthy and 100% Spencer (rare - he has chronic hamgstring issues and hasn't played a down in this new defense) and Rogers are your CB's but Adams probably is the best CB off the bench and has the best instincts and playmaking ability by far followed by Culliver. Brock and Brown are similar players but Brown has the most experience even though he hasn't been very successful on any level/position.
Interesting...
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM
- Dajanksta
- CrankyJanke
- Posts: 68,520
Originally posted by NCommand:
S: Hmmm, I personally like Williams over Goldson for a starting spot and Reggie Smith behind him and I would rather have Goldson backup Whitner.
CB: A fully healthy and 100% Spencer (rare - he has chronic hamgstring issues and hasn't played a down in this new defense) and Rogers are your CB's but Adams probably is the best CB off the bench and has the best instincts and playmaking ability by far followed by Culliver. Brock and Brown are similar players but Brown has the most experience even though he hasn't been very successful on any level/position.
Interesting...
WHAT THE FACK?
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:42 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,114
Originally posted by Ajanke:I have no issue with Madieu over Goldson. I honestly think Goldson is so highly overrated.
Originally posted by NCommand:
S: Hmmm, I personally like Williams over Goldson for a starting spot and Reggie Smith behind him and I would rather have Goldson backup Whitner.
CB: A fully healthy and 100% Spencer (rare - he has chronic hamgstring issues and hasn't played a down in this new defense) and Rogers are your CB's but Adams probably is the best CB off the bench and has the best instincts and playmaking ability by far followed by Culliver. Brock and Brown are similar players but Brown has the most experience even though he hasn't been very successful on any level/position.
Interesting...WHAT THE FACK?
Aug 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Understand your surprise but Williams is a good player and is certainly playing better than Goldson right now. Williams also appears to have a much better skill set, range, play making ability and goes for the ball more than the body. Plus we already have a more prototypical SS in Whitner so Williams may end up being the perfect compliment to him (although the safety positions in a 3-4 are interchangeable).
Aug 24, 2011 at 8:07 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Maioccos 53 man prediction
http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/24/11/Maiocco-49ers-53-man-roster-projection/landing.html?full_args=08/24/11/Maiocco-49ers-53-man-roster-projection/landing&blockID=553514&feedID=5936
Veterans Morgan, Haralson and Spencer will probably be on the team, but I don't get a great feel -- and neither do they -- how they fit in with the new coaching staff.
Read more: Maiocco: 49ers' 53-man roster projection
http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/24/11/Maiocco-49ers-53-man-roster-projection/landing.html?full_args=08/24/11/Maiocco-49ers-53-man-roster-projection/landing&blockID=553514&feedID=5936
Veterans Morgan, Haralson and Spencer will probably be on the team, but I don't get a great feel -- and neither do they -- how they fit in with the new coaching staff.
Read more: Maiocco: 49ers' 53-man roster projection
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:10 AM ]