There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody worried that Alex will rely TOO much on check downs to Gore?

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

I dont think you did. If you did you would have seen the ass kicking Morgan and Crabs took going for Smiths ducks across the middle. You would have seen Morgan get crunched in the endzone on a bad call to go for it. You would have seen Gore, VD, Walker get decleated on the panicky checkdowns. You just cant honestly blame everyone involved in the offense but Alex Smith. Now youre implying Alex lost faith in his receivers Dude thank you for laughs in sharing your delusions

Originally posted by oldman9er:
People just don't want to face the idea that our WRs simply were not getting open very much. Watching other QBs, they all have the same issues with precise route timing and missing the exact window due to extra caution. The difference? Those WRs would attack the football as if it belonged to them. Our boys acted as if the ball should always land softly in their hands not outstretched.

Oh come on did you even watch the games last year? Smith threw the ball like s**t, All the WRs were making catches stretching out risking injury on poorly thrown balls. Crabtree got upended and landed on his neck. Morgan tried to catch everything and was beat the fk up on Smith passes. Walker, VD, same thing tried to catch those high wobblers and were blasted. Its takes some amazing bias to blame our receivers for Smiths mediocre passing.

As usual, you got it all wrong due to your own intense dislike for Alex.

Yes, I watch, record, and watch the games over and over again. Huge disparity in ability/effort from our receivers to those on most other teams. It's absolutely no surprise that Alex lost faith in throwing to his targets.

I dont think you did. If you did you would have seen the ass kicking Morgan and Crabs took going for Smiths ducks across the middle. You would have seen Morgan get crunched in the endzone on a bad call to go for it. You would have seen Gore, VD, Walker get decleated on the panicky checkdowns. You just cant honestly blame everyone involved in the offense but Alex Smith. Now youre implying Alex lost faith in his receivers Dude thank you for laughs in sharing your delusions
Can u provide some instances where all this happened? While some of this has happened its the NFL. Ask Austin Collie. I've seen Fitz take some licks to. I just feel that u are making this a much bigger issue than it is.
People just don't want to face the idea that our WRs simply were not getting open very much. Watching other QBs, they all have the same issues with precise route timing and missing the exact window due to extra caution. The difference? Those WRs would attack the football as if it belonged to them. Our boys acted as if the ball should always land softly in their hands not outstretched.

Oh come on did you even watch the games last year? Smith threw the ball like s**t, All the WRs were making catches stretching out risking injury on poorly thrown balls. Crabtree got upended and landed on his neck. Morgan tried to catch everything and was beat the fk up on Smith passes. Walker, VD, same thing tried to catch those high wobblers and were blasted. Its takes some amazing bias to blame our receivers for Smiths mediocre passing.

Yes, I watch, record, and watch the games over and over again. Huge disparity in ability/effort from our receivers to those on most other teams. It's absolutely no surprise that Alex lost faith in throwing to his targets.

You are calling someone else delusional after posting this hyperbolic diatribe?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
...I do believe Smith needs to be more aggressive at times and deliver on tough riskier throws. It just seems at times he's so worried about making a bad throw and getting an INT he would rather not make the throw at all...

He won't be more aggressive until he is fully confident in the play calling and receivers.

Well him and braylon will look good. I like it i think we finally got him some real talent! We should lock Edwards up now before alex throws 90 times his way!

Let's hope that they have that kind of chemistry.

The team made a great deal signing Braylon on the cheap for one year. No strings attached if he flakes out. He will have to earn any new contract he gets.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

You are calling someone else delusional after posting this hyperbolic diatribe?

Yes.
i'd rather him check down to gore, than to roll right and throw the ball away, or to force something that isnt there.

this
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
...I do believe Smith needs to be more aggressive at times and deliver on tough riskier throws. It just seems at times he's so worried about making a bad throw and getting an INT he would rather not make the throw at all...

He won't be more aggressive until he is fully confident in the play calling and receivers.

Agree but would add the coaches telling him not to make mistakes. D guys always see the QB as the guy who loses the game. Nolan actually stated this at press conferences suggesting that the QB manage the game, doing as little as possible to mess it up. That's a great way to undermine a player's confidence.

Smith needs to have success in order to develop confidence. It's a circle with solid play being rewarded by wins, that give confidence and then more risks can be taken. Singletary pulling Smith was almost as atrocious as Nolan bad mouthing him for not playing with a broken shoulder. Putting weak backups in was a foolish move. That is why VD talked Smith into defending himself, not something Smith is prone to do.

Also, the receivers have to finish every route and be ready for the ball at any time. When Crabtree cut off his routes last year Singletary should have been all over him because it undermined the trust between QB and WR. The great 9ers teams of the 80s saw OLinmen and WRs having the QBs back. They saw it as their duty to help the QB, as opposed to whining if the ball was not perfectly thrown or if the QB wasn't staying in the (nonexistent)pocket.

As far as check downs go, I do not care what they do as long as they win. Last year, the check offs were swing passes to RBs with LBs a yard or two in front of them.
For the most part smith is not consistent enough to sustain 11-12 play drives without making a mistake. Thats why we don't win. everyone should be worried about this.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
For the most part smith is not godly enough to sustain 11-12 play drives with someone on offense making multiple mistakes. Thats why we don't win. everyone should be worried about this.

fixed !
[ Edited by oldman9er on Aug 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM ]
this got to 7 pages..wow
Oh an Alex thread how original.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Oh an Alex thread how original.

You just figured that out on page 7?
Originally posted by dj43:

this

Perhaps our wrs have lost faith in the QB?

A.S. is responsible for some of the mistakes, like ints, fumble, underthrows or over throws. Not all, but more then a few.

Either way, he shouldn't lose faith in his WR and the WR shouldn't lose faith in the QB. Its a character flaw.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dj43:

this

Perhaps our wrs have lost faith in the QB?

A.S. is responsible for some of the mistakes, like ints, fumble, batted balls, underthrows or over throws. Not all, but more then a few.

Either way, he shouldn't lose faith in his WR and the WR shouldn't lose faith in the QB. Its a character flaw.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.