There are 227 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Seahawks are today the 7th seed with an outside chance making the playoffs. The 49ers game against the Seahawks wasn't decided until Ginn's two return TDs. In the last month, Seattle has beaten Baltimore and last week knocked Chicago out of a playoff berth. Niners hasn't won in Seattle since '08 when the did so in OT. Despite the Niners winning (barely) in the noise of Detroit's stadium, they played an error-prone game of 15 penalties. Seattle's stadium may be louder. Looking at the year's stats, there's not a lot of separation between the two teams.
HAWKS
8th defense yards
6th defense points
28th offense yards
23th offense points
49ers
5th defense yards
1st defense points
25th offense yards
14th offense points
If this is an easy game, the Niners will play even better than they did against Pittsburgh. But they will likely lose if they play like they did In Phoenix against the Cardinals.

fixed.
The crowd will be as loud as ever over there.
Gotta keep our cool and not stink it up 31-6 again
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
it's a trap
  • dj43
This is going to be a much tougher game than some realize.

Short week.

Ginn injury.

Most importantly, Seattle is a much better team now than when we played them back in September. Their defense is legit and Lynch is the last guy to get 100 yards against the 49ers, IIRC.

This game is just as important as the Steeler game, and maybe tougher. Jackson is very mobile and will likely be better overall than Ben was last night.

You never want to coast into the playoffs. Build momentum and keep it.
Originally posted by dj43:

Short week.

Ginn injury.

Most importantly, Seattle is a much better team now than when we played them back in September. Their defense is legit and Lynch is the last guy to get 100 yards against the 49ers, IIRC.

This game is just as important as the Steeler game, and maybe tougher. Jackson is very mobile and will likely be better overall than Ben was last night.

Chris Johnson and Ryan Grant were the two most recent
wasnt gonna go to this game cus of christmas eve, but i said f**k it, i'll be there
Let's go take care of buisness 49ers! Can't wait!
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

Short week.

Ginn injury.

Chris Johnson and Ryan Grant were the two most recent

Great points!!!

Short week.

Ginn injury.

Ryan Grant holds that title. I agree that this game is gonna be tough though. Cant let that crowd stay in the game gotta get to them early

Short week.

Ginn injury.

you forget, so are we. When we played them, we'd only had about 4 or 5 weeks of learning the playbook and actually being able to practice it. Lynch might be "Legit" but so are a lot of the running backs we played this year. Plus, Steelers defense is better than the Seahawks.

Short week.

Ginn injury.

I agree. This game is going to be a bee-atch.
  • dj43
Originally posted by valrod33:

Short week.

Ginn injury.

Ryan Grant holds that title. I agree that this game is gonna be tough though. Cant let that crowd stay in the game gotta get to them early

I stand corrected. As I said, I was going from memory. Still, stopping Lynch will be the key on defense.

Short week.

Ginn injury.

You never want to coast into the playoffs. Build momentum and keep it
Ryan Grant from the Packers was the last to get 100 yards. Lynch was the last to score a TD against us I believe.
it will be a miracle if the packers loses their final two game and the 49ers win both games to take over the 1st place in the nfc.
I am worried because we are coming off a short week and Seattle is f**king awesome at home PLUS their players are relatively healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone