There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

It was a factor. BUT their OLine was getting owned by our D so he still would have had problems.
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
It was a great game!!! However, I want to see Alex Smith start hitting those sideline passes and keeping them in play, giving our receivers a chance to make a play on them.....

yeah he seriously needs to work on those throws, a lot of missed opportunities there
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
With the way Aldon was playing, Ben would have ended that game hurt no matter how healthy he was at the start.

Totally agree Funky... Ben is not that mobile even when he is healthy...
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
It was a great game!!! However, I want to see Alex Smith start hitting those sideline passes and keeping them in play, giving our receivers a chance to make a play on them.....

He is only going to get better now. The impact Harbaugh and the new squad have had on him is just awesome. Maybe Alex Smith is a top pick afterall. He had an insanely rough ride until this year that he had zero control over.

Looking forward, he could shock people like we shocked people last night.

Nice point though Eduardo, I hadn't noticed that might be his area of most needed work.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays peeps.

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
With the way Aldon was playing, Ben would have ended that game hurt no matter how healthy he was at the start.

Totally agree Funky... Ben is not that mobile even when he is healthy...
I have seen Ben play since college. He is tough to bring down when healthy. While not fast, Ben is elusive and does buy time by moving around, if you watched him in other games it shows. Last night, he had no movement-a sitting duck. Based on that I say yes it helped the 49ers. Cause the D has alway gotten pressure, but sometimes the QB escapes when they fail containment.-just watch some past games. With that said, you play with the hand you are dealt, if the niners didn't take advantage then it shows they don't have what it takes to go for the jugular. You take advantage of their weakness.
Them Dinged up QB, Us dinged up RB (both players huge part of each offense)
Them suspended LB, Us injured LB (Both players huge part of defense)
Them, injured Center, Us both opening day WR's not in the game! (Hell we even lost Ginn in the second half)

We have more at least one more weak ass p***y excuse for losing and we kicked their asses! f**k'um they could have run Charlie Batch's ass out there, we started Grant not an injured Willis, it is called depth we has it! It's late in the season, nobody is 100%
It doesnt matter, we had our guys, and they had their guys, we played , and we STUCK IT TO THEM !!!

The End ....Next
I'd say not having willis and harrison even out. Ben being hurt cost them a little but everyone gets hurt and ben usually kills teams when he's hurt. So it is what it is they lost.
that ball to VD across the field was perfect. That's a tough throw to make.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

all his passes to VD were on the money, even the one that Clark knocked out, Its clear that VD and Alex have a good chemistry. Its time to Free Vernon
Originally posted by valrod33:

all his passes to VD were on the money, even the one that Clark knocked out, Its clear that VD and Alex have a good chemistry. Its time to Free Vernon
every time he carries the ball, I think he's gonna fumble. Can't believe he hasn't corrected the way he carries the ball after the catch.
Man. Can you guys believe this? We just dominated one of the hotter teams in the league that ranked

#1 in total Defense in yards allowed.
#2 in ppg allowed
#12 in offense yards per game
#22 in ppg (not good which is why we shut them down)
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man. Can you guys believe this? We just dominated one of the hotter teams in the league that ranked

#2 in ppg allowed

it's all a dream to me. I thought we were going 4-12
Originally posted by Joecool:

#2 in ppg allowed

it's all a dream to me. I thought we were going 4-12

We didn't win a nail biter. Man, we effing dominated there sorry ass terrible towels. We dominated one of the few teams said that can possibly win it all. Dominated.

If we get a regular week vs BAL, we beat their asses too.
f**kin non of it