There are 201 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It made a difference b/c i'm sure big Ben would have been much more mobile and he wouldn't have thrown that 2nd int. I don't think they would have won but I do think they at least get one td on the board.
Steelers | Rashard Mendenhall has sore ribs Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:44:42 -0800 Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (ribs) is nursing sore ribs after the team's Week 15 game.

Steelers | Mewelde Moore out indefinitely Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:44:20 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Mewelde Moore (knee) is out indefinitely after injuring his knee in Week 15.

Steelers | Ben Roethlisberger's ankle not worse Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:43:56 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said QB Ben Roethlisberger's (ankle) ankle did not get worse after he played on it in Week 15. Tomlin said he never considered pulling Roethlisberger from the game despite his mobility issues. He will be re-evaluated Wednesday, Dec. 21, but he expects to play in Week 16 against the St. Louis Rams even if he is "5 percent."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1h6sPZAHq
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
This W is on us and our team. If Big Ben was gonna be a hindrance to the Steelers then he shouldn't have played. That's on the Steelers organization.

Bottom line is he sucked and we won!

He still threw for over 330 yards. No TD's and 3 INT's. He threw for a lot of yards but they didn't win. Go figure. I guess not being able to rush against the Niners was his fault too.

Alex would too if he threw the ball almost 50 times lol. He got beat and beat hard end of story move on to the seahawks.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
You guys wanna know what really happened that night 99 Happened he DOMINATED their O line simple as that. Game is won in the trenches and we showed that.
That was the best friggin victory since the comeback against NY when Garcia was with us.

Nobody in the US gonna forget that one.

Maaaaan that was fun!!!!
  • dj43
The biggest single influence on this game was Max Starks. In case anyone did not notice, he was the guy on the left hand end of the Steeler OL who was handing out free passes to the Smith boys on the path to Big Ben.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I like waking up knowing my team is one game away from securing a #2 seed a first round bye in the playoffs.

You mean two games?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Steelers | Rashard Mendenhall has sore ribs Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:44:42 -0800 Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (ribs) is nursing sore ribs after the team's Week 15 game.

Steelers | Mewelde Moore out indefinitely Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:44:20 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Mewelde Moore (knee) is out indefinitely after injuring his knee in Week 15.

Steelers | Ben Roethlisberger's ankle not worse Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:43:56 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said QB Ben Roethlisberger's (ankle) ankle did not get worse after he played on it in Week 15. Tomlin said he never considered pulling Roethlisberger from the game despite his mobility issues. He will be re-evaluated Wednesday, Dec. 21, but he expects to play in Week 16 against the St. Louis Rams even if he is "5 percent."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1h6sPZAHq

Runningback KILLAZ
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I like waking up knowing my team is one game away from securing a #2 seed a first round bye in the playoffs.

You mean two games?

If we win and NO loses, we lock up 2nd seed
It was a great game!!! However, I want to see Alex Smith start hitting those sideline passes and keeping them in play, giving our receivers a chance to make a play on them.....

Originally posted by Eduardo75:
It was a great game!!! However, I want to see Alex Smith start hitting those sideline passes and keeping them in play, giving our receivers a chance to make a play on them.....

im not to worried about that at the moment

he is able to hit every player and throw the ball anywhere on the field....except the sideline throws

other than that he is spot on (screens touch bullet passes etc)
It was a factor. BUT their OLine was getting owned by our D so he still would have had problems.

yeah he seriously needs to work on those throws, a lot of missed opportunities there
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
With the way Aldon was playing, Ben would have ended that game hurt no matter how healthy he was at the start.

Totally agree Funky... Ben is not that mobile even when he is healthy...

He is only going to get better now. The impact Harbaugh and the new squad have had on him is just awesome. Maybe Alex Smith is a top pick afterall. He had an insanely rough ride until this year that he had zero control over.

Looking forward, he could shock people like we shocked people last night.

Nice point though Eduardo, I hadn't noticed that might be his area of most needed work.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays peeps.

Share 49ersWebzone