LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll be disappointed if we don't win this game.

We faced pretty much the same defense schematically against the Cardinals.
assuming our red zone offense shows up, and play calling gets better offensively.. 27-20 49ers
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:

Really? Beating the blitz has been a problem since preseason and the Cardinals games proves the offense didn't learn anything from the Ravens game. Blitzburgh defenders are licking their chops right now, they could easily get 10 sacks (I think Ravens got 9).
Another game to test our OL and offense. Dick LaBeau's D is even better than the Ravens, IMO. I expect them to come at Alex n Friends hot n heavy. Good!!! We need to be able to deal with this relentless pass rush.

Still, this will be a good game for us. We always play better at home so we have a fighting chance.

The game that worries me is Seattle. At least, we are home for this bad boy.
Originally posted by Loco49er:

Really? Beating the blitz has been a problem since preseason and the Cardinals games proves the offense didn't learn anything from the Ravens game. Blitzburgh defenders are licking their chops right now, they could easily get 10 sacks (I think Ravens got 9).
you didn't watch very closely for the ravens game. on most of their plays they sent four rushers total but with intricate schemes to get through the young or inexperienced (or both) o-line that just plain sucks sometimes
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by Loco49er:

you didn't watch very closely for the ravens game. on most of their plays they sent four rushers total but with intricate schemes to get through the young or inexperienced (or both) o-line that just plain sucks sometimes

EVERY TEAM uses the blitz.
It's not just Ravens or Cardinals or Steelers.
Give me a f**king break.

Alex has one of the highest ratings against the blitz.
We've beaten the blitz 10 times, we lost 3.

Calm the f**k down.

49ers 31
Steelers 17
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
49-3, Pittsburgh
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We are gonna win this game, its gonna be close and a ugly game but we will win some how.

16-13 niners
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
We are gonna win this game, its gonna be close and a ugly game but we will win some how.

16-13 niners

Do you think this team is still a young team? I know there are long timers in Justin Smith, Goodwin, and Jennings. But overall, this is still a relatively young team in my eyes. I could be wrong, but I get a feeling, the success is getting to them somehow.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by lssanjose:

16-13 niners

Do you think this team is still a young team? I know there are long timers in Justin Smith, Goodwin, and Jennings. But overall, this is still a relatively young team in my eyes. I could be wrong, but I get a feeling, the success is getting to them somehow.

The core group is not young, they are in their primes.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

16-13 niners

delusional.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

16-13 niners

delusional.

How dare you .
Minimum requirements to win against the Steelers:

1. Redzone offense.
2. Oline protection.
3. WRs actually catch the ball.
4. PWilly returns to shore up the middle in D.
5. Chilo Rachal is neither part of #1 and #2.
How they play in this game will set the tone for the playoffs. If they play like they have recently, they will be left in the dust, finish 11-5 and be a first round out. All the optimism from the middle part of the season will go up in flames and we will enter another offseason with questions.

If we play well, and can maintain the 2nd seed, I think we have a real shot at getting to the NFC championship game. Then the overall morale for the offseason will be much better and we will be in the "fine-tuning" for a championship mode.

Essentially, a big game! Go Niners!
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Minimum requirements to win against the Steelers:

1. Redzone offense.
2. Oline protection.
3. WRs actually catch the ball.
4. PWilly returns to shore up the middle in D.
5. Chilo Rachal is neither part of #1 and #2.

6. alex plays balls out.
Share 49ersWebzone