LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reporter: Coach Singletary how would you grade Alex's performance today?

Singletary:

(Skip to 1:54 to hear response)

Originally posted by Envy:
Now this I can get into........

How come FOX could show the replay but the NFL couldn't???

Because Wisenhunt sent one of his staffers over to unplug the display.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I think its time to take the training wheels off of Aldon Smith. When hes in the game, good things happen. I saw him in for long stretches in the 2nd quarter and our D was ferocious. For some reason we went back to only bringing him in on 3rd downs and our D wasnt getting the pressure it was. He needs to be a starter, he plays the run better than what hes given credit for and he's far and away the best pass rusher on the team.

SOAR ALDON SOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. How many sacks does he have on the year now? 10.5 or more?
I just figured out the problem with our offense:

wait for it....

wait for it....

wait for it ...

Our defense and special teams isn't scoring enough
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Redzone offense needs to improve. Defense gave up 3 big plays. Don't know what else there is to debate.
Originally posted by susweel:
His inability to throw TD passes in red zone is the reason we lost.

What wr was open for him to throw to?

He tried the back shoulder throw to Edwards but Edwards is somewhere else right now. No attempt to even react and before you say it was a bad pass, that is what the back shoulder pass looks like (behind the wr, who knows its coming so gets ready for it and gets his body in position to turn to make a play on the ball)
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Envy:
Now this I can get into........

How come FOX could show the replay but the NFL couldn't???

Because Wisenhunt sent one of his staffers over to unplug the display.

motherfocker.......
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
The oline didn't play great but Alex NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO FEEL PRESSURE AND STEP INTO THE POCKET. He does not know how to do neither. As soon as a defender breathes on him, he goes down, unlike Skelton who broke away from a couple of sacks.

Gotta have a pocket to move up into dude.

We had no pocket and the pressure was immediate.

You don't like Alex and thats fine but be honest at least.

He had a play in the 1st half where he side stepped and started to run but pulled up and hit the wr for a 1st.

How about the last play FCS! He eludes 2 defenders! And not one of our vaunted wr's can break open and make it easy for him?

I like alex but as a back up. You have to admit that he's very poor of feeling the pressure and there was gaps where he could've stepped up to or have taken off.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Delanie Walker, f**k Ted Ginn and f**k Kendall Hunter

Yeah, unil these jokers start catching the ball (easy ones at that), I don't want to hear about how Alex sucks.

The qb need his supporting cast to help him out.

So tired of hearing all the Alex bashing. Alex doesn't block, run, catch or play call. He needs to get better at handling pressure but nobody is stepping up for this guy, with the exception of Williams IMO.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Delanie Walker, f**k Ted Ginn and f**k Kendall Hunter

Yeah, unil these jokers start catching the ball (easy ones at that), I don't want to hear about how Alex sucks.

The qb need his supporting cast to help him out.

So tired of hearing all the Alex bashing. Alex doesn't block, run, catch or play call. He needs to get better at handling pressure but nobody is stepping up for this guy, with the exception of Williams IMO.

f**k Ted Ginn? REally? We all know he's not a good receiver so why is the coaching staff putting him as a WR? That's not on Ginn, that's on the coaches.

The oline didn't play great but Alex NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO FEEL PRESSURE AND STEP INTO THE POCKET. He does not know how to do neither. As soon as a defender breathes on him, he goes down, unlike Skelton who broke away from a couple of sacks.

Gotta have a pocket to move up into dude.

We had no pocket and the pressure was immediate.

You don't like Alex and thats fine but be honest at least.

He had a play in the 1st half where he side stepped and started to run but pulled up and hit the wr for a 1st.

How about the last play FCS! He eludes 2 defenders! And not one of our vaunted wr's can break open and make it easy for him?

damm good post I agree
I like alex but as a back up. You have to admit that he's very poor of feeling the pressure and there was gaps where he could've stepped up to or have taken off.

No I don't, and I'd like you to point them out.

Alex did feel it and made some huge plays. Threw it just before getting hit (once again) to Ginn but guess what? the wr didn't even see the darn ball. So there is a play right there where your qb makes a play in the face of pressure and delivers a td ball but our wr don't make the easy play.

He stepped up and started to run, pulled up and hits a wr for a 1st.

On the last play, he eludes to defenders (thats right 2) and extends the play. Where is your concern that our wr's could't work wide open after all that time. In any event, he still got off a decent ball to Hunter, who could have made a diving catch but no such luck. Sure the ball was a tad in front of him but we've all seem other teams players making the tough catch.

Where is the help for Alex. Where is a secure pocket to throw from on say every other play even. Where are all of the wide open wr's I keep hearing about?
Who is the wr getting open right of the line?

Way to simplistic my friend. The qb needs to improve but until you can ack that the oline and wr's need to step up at least as much, there is not much to say.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I want to die.

I want to kill someone.

you guys should exchange addresses

number 1800 for you could be POST OF THE YEAR ON THE WZ!! ONE OF MY BEST!!
Originally posted by Janitor:
The officiating this year has been the worst I have ever seen, and I'm talking all around the NFL, not just against us.

Its flat out horrible and its making the game very boring to me. NFL needs to get this crap taken care of
WOW, f**k me. I predicted Alex's best game of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone